1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Rumor: Private Lobbies will never be added ?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by saeidj, Sep 30, 2016.

1. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

I agree suffok
    please hurry kunos

Suffolk-Wal likes this.
  2. playdytch

playdytch Rookie

from the msg i read here from kunos here, i think we can wait at least a couple a months before we get private lobby`s.

3. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Is this your opinion? (there is nothing wrong with having your own opinion) if so state that it is IMO . If are you quoting Kunos, please give a link. That way you will not start a rumor , unlike the OP of this thread. The OP should have asked the question "Will private lobbies ever be added?" that way he would have prevented been ridiculed the way his post has been.

4. NGR_Robinson

NGR_Robinson Gamer

I'm part of a league community with just over 1200 members and trust me, organising lobbies with all the right players in whilst trying to set qualifying laps and concentrate on race setup is hard enough without having vote to kick certain players and checking who is supposed to be in and who isn't.. If you're running a league with a few members of close friends then yeah, of course it's possible but there's more going on in some league communities. I think ours is one of the biggest around with all skill levels from first time sim racers right through to pro drivers who race in real life.. Jake Dennis who has just won his GP3 race in Malaysia today is a very active member in our group to name just one. We have different leagues running every night with different car classes and across different games and can't wait to get some league races going with Assetto. I know these things take time kunos but we've got over a thousand people eager to utilise your private lobbies and broadcast live races through various channels.. Keep up the good work and looking forward to to seeing the private lobbies. ;)

5. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Instead of the noncommittal comment from Kunos I'd prefer a straight answer of yes we will implement private lobbies or no we won't . If it turns out they won't then I can wash my hands of the game and continue on my merry way instead of sitting fingers crossed that the game will ever be in a finished state and not the beta version we have currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyr_gl, OS-ONLAINE-BR and Rich G like this.
  6. Yea, well you don't get straight answers from Development (programming) communities when it comes to requested features--for the most part.

OS-ONLAINE-BR likes this.
  7. Perfekt, Bibbles!!!
    Here we have a league of over 100 pilots playing weekly in the Project, with three official races a week. I and more than half of the group bought Assetto at launch and because of the lack of private rooms, now only remained the most passionate supreme physical this game. Today we are only 7 active players and another 40 awaiting the news that everyone wants to hear ... YES or NOT, SO SIMPLE

Grijo and Bibbles like this.
  8. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Not sure about best racing sim but certainly best driving simulator on the ps4 / console.

Suffolk-Wal likes this.
  9. I stopped playing online (on pc) because lobbies are all sporting the same car and track combos.
    As soon as custom lobbies will arrive, I'll go back online, but now it just isn't funny having to choose between the mainstream races.

10. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

Aren't the words 'I think' enough of a clue that it is their opinion?

11. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

All I can say is that I put an ad of my Blu Ray version of Assetto Corsa (ps4) in a brazilian version of e-bay to sell.

I dont care too much about the poor graphics, framerates issues, "mono" sounds, AI cars that simply get you out of the track, poorly designed career system...even private lobbys don´t bother me that much at the present time.

The reason why I´m leaving it´s because it´s impossible to race smooth with the DS4. Okay, some people will say that you do not drive a real car with a gamepad and stuff like that. But wheels in Brazil cost a little fortune. A standard T150 costs something between 600 / 700 dollars. A G29 costs between 500 / 600 dollars. That´s a lot for most of us brazilians. Besides that, I think that if a game producer wants to do a game for a home console, the first thing you have to think is that the most of people plays with a gamepad, just like me. In my case, not because is my choice but because it´s what I can have.

In Project Cars I can race against wheel users due the advanced options to setup your controls. Yeah, in Assetto Corsa you have some options too. But regardless of the setting you use, the wheels will always turn more than necessary to turn a curve, creating the effect of understeer and consequent loss of speed and less control of your car. They added an option to lock the steering wheel but not the wheels of the car. I don´t get why they done this since that doesn´t make any difference in how the car reacts (at least in a good way). In fact if you reduce the degree of lock of the steering wheel, sooner you create the understeer effect. In other words, only get worse.

I´m not discussing what is the best sim racing or something like that. I´m only using one to compare to another in the "gamepad matter".

What I hope in this moment? Be able to sell the game the faster as possible.

12. Too bad my friend Grijó, we did good races together and did not want to lose another good pilot in Assetto, but I understand his frustration. We continue our races in the Project, although only continue playing this lack of private rooms in Assetto. Life goes on!

Grijo likes this.
  13. SickwititHD

SickwititHD Rookie

Private lobbies are a must... the racing league that I'm part of is at least 300 strong. Once it was found that AC didn't have private lobbies... and no championship opportunities most of the members didn't purchase. we are forced to us P-cars even though I feel AC is a much better driving experience.
    Once we get those lobbies or the ability to manage the current lobbies (change settings, pick any care no matter how many folks are driving)we will get something going.
    visit: www.seetheair.com

14. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Same here all my team now just stick to Pcars and don't bother with Assetto at all, its such a shame . Im not even sure now if private lobbies were added if any would bother, they don't even all agree that the physics are better a lot feel there's to much of an icey/oily feel going on , probably about 50/50 , trouble is pcars is just much more of a complete package, dynamic weather - night / day etc etc .
    I really like Assetto but it is what it is sadly , a pretty basic driving sim. In order to draw the racing leagues away from the likes of iracing and pcars I think its got a long way to go, yes its got the physics and sound imho but not much of anything else , there's such an array of motorsport features missing its unreal.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  15. playdytch

playdytch Rookie

i dont quot kunos, i say clearly from what i read here from kunos. and i think, or IMO is almost the same right? my english is not my native language, so maybe im wrong. then i sure gonna use the sentence, "i think" different from now on.

16. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

are kunos still looking into there options ?
    cant be many left to look at surely

17. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

private lobbies doesn't mean everyone will race in private lobbies with their groups. That wasn't the case in gt5/6 and won't be the case in AC. People keep emphasising the word private instead of custom. I hope Kunos aren't overlooking that.

TheGT500 likes this.
  18. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Exactly !!
    People may be getting private lobbies and custom ones mixed up, or thinking they're one and the same.
    Private ones are usually only visible or available to players on your friends list, custom ones are user adjustable to allow changing laps, cars etc but are available to anyone. Surely a simple 'make lobby private' button in the setup menu when you go to create a lobby would be the answer ?
    That way, league members have a room that won't be spoiled by rammers and the rest of the community can take their chances in open lobbies.

pippo10 likes this.
  19. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Or custom private lobbies like most every other racing title has.

Grijo and NGR_Robinson like this.
  20. saeidj

saeidj Gamer

I don't really understand when the question is straight forward then the answer can be as simple as yes we will bring it at a later stage BUT when the answers are not straight forward such as their comments , it means that there is a possibility that it will not come to the game at all.

playdytch and OS-ONLAINE-BR like this.