1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

RX 5700 XT underperforming in ACC compared to same card

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by ragp86, Jul 11, 2020.

1. ragp86

ragp86 Rookie

I just ran the benchmark with the following result:

2020-07-11 22:27:22 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4118 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 68.633 - Min: 57 - Max: 81

The average fps in the GPU benchmarking thread is around 82 for my card, that is more than my Max!

My CPU is an Ryzen 5 3600 stock. GPU is at stock as well, with 20.5.1 drivers. I have 16GB DDR3200 memory.

Settings I used are:

Epic @ 1080p. No FPS limit or Vsync.
    Default cockpit view and FOV.
    Nurburg @ 21:00, Heavy rain. Starting as 9th, with 15 opponents.

Other games seem to be running fine and my 3d Mark Spy benchmark score is normal with 8900.

Any ideas?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Performance problem with AMD 5700 XT and driver names Aug 9, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions MSI RADEON RX 5700 XT MECH OC and FPS Mar 25, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions 5700 XT performance Jan 9, 2020
    Chit Chat Room RTX 2070 Super vs RX 5700 XT Jul 24, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions Radeon RX 5700 (XT) Users - Please Share Your Benchmark Results Jul 9, 2019

3. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Check the Benchmark Thread, first Page/Post. It's not a bug, amd gpu's are being crippled by ACC.

edit: i see that you're getting much worse performance then other 5700xt users. Did you reset your view Settings for the interior cam as described in the Benchmark thread? Preset on Epic (don't change graphics options individually)?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  4. ragp86

ragp86 Rookie

Yep. Only changed settings to Epic and reset the FOV to default. This is for the cockpit view in which you see the drivers hands but not the helmet.

5. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Sounds fine. Does the gpu core clock stay withing 1900-2000 mhz? Gpu utilization and temperatures?

edit: just to make sure, you're using 1080p, not 1440p?

6. ragp86

ragp86 Rookie

Yep 1080p.

GPU % is close to 100% I believe. Temps are highish (junction close to 90 I believe). Have to confirm GPU clock but I believe 1850-1950.

7. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

You are supposed to run a hotlap, not a race.

ragp86 and Epistolarius like this.
  8. ragp86

ragp86 Rookie

9. ragp86

ragp86 Rookie

Much better:

Avg: 112.617 - Min: 103 - Max: 128

Seems pretty fast actually, for RX 5700 XT

10. ragp86

ragp86 Rookie

Wrong results, should be this:

2020-07-13 22:40:47 - AC2-Win64-Shipping