1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX 3080 Benchmark Videos

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by sairuscz, Nov 5, 2020.

1. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

I know many of you are interested how the new Ryzen 5000 series performs in ACC. Here is a quick benchmark of Ryzen 5 5600X paired with RTX 3080.

I am very impressed as FPS never drops below 90FPS with 19AIs, which suggests the game should finally by playable on VR headsets at 90FPS. I will confirm as soon as HP reverb G2 arrives. Where my previous Ryzen 5 2600 @4.2Ghz struggled at 65FPS during some race starts, this Ryzen 5600X maintains 120FPS at stock clock. Impressive!

With 29AI cars, the FPS drops even bellow 90FPS for brief moments.
    With 49AI cars, the FPS moves between 65FPS and 90FPS.

I also tried overclocking to 4.85Ghz, but it did not brings only a 2-5FPS extra during the most demanding moments.

Here is my CPU-Z benchmark of 5600X@4.85Ghz, which is easily beating 10900K in single-core performance: https://valid.x86.fr/bench/daphui/1

4k:
    SPA with 29AI at 95% difficulty
    Stock Resolution: 3840x2160
    Graphics Preset: High (with 20 visible oponents)

1440p:
    SPA with 19AI at 95% difficulty
    Stock Resolution: 2560x1440
    Graphics Preset: EPIC

SPA with 29AI at 90% difficulty

SPA with 49AI at 95% difficulty

Zolder with 29AI at 95% difficulty

UPDATE:
    I spent the whole days in BIOS and benchmarking ACC today and I managed to squeeze extra 11% of performance ! With stock settings, FPS would drop even to 78FPS but with all BIOS tweaks the minimum FPS improved to 87FPS.
    upload_2020-11-8_18-10-42.png

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Worth upgrading from Ryzen3600 to 5600x? Oct 1, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Bad stutter with AI on Ryzen 5600x [RESOLVED by Disabling the High Precision Event Timer] Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions ACC on Ryzen 3 1200? Mar 20, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 + Ryzen 5800X + AMD RX6800 Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions RTX 3080 GPU + Ryzen 5000 CPU = Minimum 80-90FPS on HP Reverb G2 Oct 1, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone upgraded from Ryzen 2600x to 3600x? May 20, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Looking for Settings to HP Reverb - RTX 2070S - Ryzen 2700X Mar 7, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Whats wrong? VR + Ryzen 5 2600x + 1080ti Dec 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Game stuttering on Ryzen.. Help please? Dec 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ryzen 7 1700x Sep 21, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Ryzen 7 1700 only using 6 out of 16 logical cores Aug 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa support for Ryzen processors Mar 5, 2017
    Chit Chat Room AMD Ryzen CPUs Feb 27, 2017
    ACC Virtual Reality *SOLVED* Not maxing out CPU/GPU (5600x/3080) Feb 22, 2021

3. Psit

Psit Alien

Ryzen CPU to your GPU : Let me show you the way... :D (near 100% gpu usage)

4. Kishanp

Kishanp Rookie

Amazing, I'm on Ryzen 3600 and RTX 3090 and on the rift S it's MUCH better than my 1080 Ti but it still stutters sometimes on mostly max settings.

I hope 5800X & 3090 Combo will make for a perfect 90fps when the G2 Arrives

5. Psit

Psit Alien

I hope so, but I really doubt it will lock @ 90 to be honest.

6. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

The CPU will handle 90+FPS if you keep opponent visibility to around 20 cars. I think that is a reasonable number.

7. crazyjockey

crazyjockey Rookie

Is there any benefit to the 5800x over the 5600x with ACC in VR? I haven't been paying attention to how ACC is optimised and whether it would benefit from the extra cores of the 5800x, and I'm trying to figure out what CPU to pair with the RX 6800 XT and Reverb G2.

8. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

You can expect 1.1746680286% performance increase over the 5600X (source:
    time=10:20).

ACC can utilize only 4 CPU cores, while only two of them are fully loaded.

It would be more efficient to spend the extra 150USD on something like better GPU or better cooler.

Fractured Life likes this.
  9. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

Finnish hardware site tested ACC with new Ryzen CPUs, this is with 29 AI cars.

[​IMG]

10. Psit

Psit Alien

Can you update us with the 5600 and 5800 benches when they release them?
    Appreciated :)

Hirzo and marph like this.
  11. 3090 is here, 5900X and G2 coming soon. Great to see these benches, gives me a lot of optimism for what’s to come.

Thanks for taking the time to run these tests and post them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. crazyjockey

crazyjockey Rookie

Thanks!

13. Fractured Life

Fractured Life Simracer

Level1 and tech Jesus were looking at some edge case stuff (made me think of ACC) where 4 dimms in dual channel instead of 2 dimms was giving 5-10% performance boost, seemed strange but can't argue with their numbers.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

That’s because with 4 dims (assuming 4X8GB dims that are single rank, meaning ram chips on one side only) effectively give you a dual channel dual rank setup.

The same thing is achieved by using 2X 16GB sticks with each 16GB stick having chips on both sides so again giving dual channel dual rank setup. Dual rank is in VERY simple terms a little like hyper threading for memory so will improve performance in memory sensitive tasks

AndyK70 and Fractured Life like this.
  15. Fractured Life

Fractured Life Simracer

Cheers boss! That one always perplexed me. Haven't had a desktop since 99 lol

Little bit of digging armed with your info helped me find the x64 and x128 designation.

I should have cut the case and some fans from the budget and bought more ram :cool:

Serge M likes this.
  16. 1257

1257 Rookie

dan suzuki tested 5600x, 5950x & 10900k in acc and iracing, incredible performance for new ryzens

Whitestar and AndyK70 like this.
  17. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Those 0,1 and 1% lows are at half speed. Will that be noticed as stutters in game?

18. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

You will not notice stuttering on flat screen. You might notice stuttering in VR if the FPS count goes bellow the refresh rate of your VR headset. If that happens, simple tweak the graphics options (limit oponent visibility, etc.).
    When I tried online race with 27 players yesterday, FPS never went bellow 100FPS on EPIC preset.

chksix and AndyK70 like this.
  19. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

One thing I'm wondering about. That guy above tests at 1080p and then 3x 1440p. So obviously at 1080p there will be a significant difference, and obviously at 3x 1440p there will be no difference (since the GPU is doing all the work).
    But what about those resolutions in-between? Where does the CPU stop to matter in ACC? At 1440p like in other games, or higher?

I'm particularly interested since I run triple-screen (5760x1080). I would expect the CPU to not matter at that resolution. Or is this different for ACC?

Would love a comparison of the top CPUs (5600x/10900K) against something like the 8700K or maybe 10600K at 5760x1080.

20. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

The CPU will perform the same at any resolution. Switching from single to triple screen probably requires some extra CPU calculations, but I would not expect it to be much higher.

In any case, I do not see any benefit of having over 60FPS on flat screens for racing games. Upgrading your 8700K for flat screen racing is probably a waste of money..

21. Serge M

Serge M Alien

L
    Saying the CPU doesn’t matter isn’t quiet right, it’s just that at the high resolutions the GPU hits its limit first when run with those CPU’s. A lesser CPU may hit the limit earlier and be the limit instead.

There may also be other scenarios where the CPU is loaded higher then those tests like big grid races/lots of AI and that could cause it to limit the GPU a bit.

ohjeah and Whitestar like this.