1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX 3080 Benchmark Videos

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by sairuscz, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Yes, that's what I'm interested in basically. To see if those lesser CPUs (i.e mine) limits performance at 5760x1080. Or if they are all GPU bound at that point.
    With a certain number of AI cars, say 20.

Serge M likes this.
  2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Would be good to know, unfortunately there just isn’t that many people with access to a good range of CPU’s that are interested in sims and can do the benchmarks

3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

We have to push LTT to get a racing setup and use ACC for benchmarking ;)

Whitestar likes this.
  4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

dang, wrong thread...

5. Konnichy

Konnichy Gamer

Because I'm upgrading my PC, I am currently benchmarking the following configurations with ACC:
    - Ryzen 5 2600 + GTX 1080 Ti + Oculus Rift
    - Ryzen 5 2600 + RTX 3080 + Oculus Rift
    - Ryzen 5 5600X + GTX 1080 Ti + Oculus Rift (if that makes any sense)
    - Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX 3080 + Oculus Rift
    - Ryzen 5 5600X + GTX 1080 Ti + HP Reverb G2 (if that makes any sense)
    - Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX 3080 + HP Reverb G2

I may publish results if I can extract some reasoning from them (for now, I think I do). Does it seem interesting to anyone?

MrBungle, rycil, arjensen and 5 others like this.
  6. Psit

Psit Alien

Are you kidding? :D
    Can't wait.

Anyone with a 5800X around? :)

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Would love to see the results of that, aiming for a similar update myself soon, will be from a 3800x, 1080ti, Rift S to a 5900x 3080 or faster and HP Reverb G2

8. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Nice i am on a i9 9900k msi gaming x trio rtx 3090 . Dont think i go ryzen yet i am only simracing and dont think it helps. Vr only now with hp reverb g1 after next week the g2

9. Whitestar

Perfect! Now all we need is to throw the 6800XT into the mix and we're good to go. :)

AndyK70 likes this.
  10. Konnichy

Konnichy Gamer

OK, then I'll try to do that.
    I already benchmarked the Ryzen 5 2600 part. I'm now mounting the new 5600X PC.
    But while the Reverb G2 was expected to arrive in 2 days, an update on Amazon now changed to undefined date.
    I'll publish a topic when I finish the Rift benchmarks.

11. Konnichy

Konnichy Gamer

I did most of the tests I wanted this weekend. There's a lot to say, I'd like to try making it a video. It will take a few more days.
    But in the meantime... I can tell you results are really amazing!

rycil and Whitestar like this.
  12. Whitestar

Came across this video:

AndyK70 likes this.
  13. Psit

Psit Alien

We need unrestricted fps benchmarks in VR (to check headroom), some website used to do those... don't remember which one.

14. Kishanp

Kishanp Rookie

I'm going to try get a 5600X / 5800X to pair with the 3090 soon as possible now!!

If I can get a CPU i'll defo upload some proper benchmarks showing all settings etc. whilst running on the Rift S with SS

Really can't wait till G2 is here end of the month now!

15. Konnichy

Konnichy Gamer

How to do those?
    With the Oculus, I can disable ASW to allow any fps between 45 and 90, but can't go higher than that.

To check headroom, I record the usage of the GPU and rendering frame times at the CPU level and the GPU level.

16. rycil

rycil Simracer

Is it better to upgrade the cpu from i7 7700k to ryzen 5600x paired with 1080ti instead of upgrading the GPU to 3080 with the same I7 Cpu?

I am playing in VR, rift s.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  17. Konnichy

Konnichy Gamer

You already have a good CPU.

If you give me a one or two days to benchmark, I can tell you if it's better to upgrade a Ryzen 5 2600 to the 5600X or a GTX 1080 Ti with a 3080. This, using an Oculus Rift CV1.

18. Konnichy

Konnichy Gamer

Upgrading the Ryzen 5 2600 to the Ryzen 5 5600X brings me better results than keeping the 2600 and upgrading the 1080Ti to the 3080.
    The thing is that the 2600 is bottlenecking, so upgrading the GPU didn't help much. I could raise SS a little more, but still had to lock to 45fps. I couldn't lock 90 fps in a race with 5 AIs, in any of the VR presets with the 2600+3080 combo.
    Upgrading the CPU and keeping the 1080 Ti on the other hand, allows me to lock 90 fps in a 5-AI race, in VR Low and VR High, and still having 25% of GPU headroom to maybe increase SS a little more. In other tests I performed, a 5-AI race seems to be almost equivalent to a 20+ race in multiplayer.

The 5600X gave me an amazing boost in performance but I was also coming from a not so great single thread performer. Your situation is different and if you are not already bottlenecking on the CPU, the GPU upgrade could be more interesting.

Whitestar, AndyK70 and rycil like this.
  19. Whitestar

Some thoughts:
    DLSS2.0 will probably not be available (anytime soon at least), but SAM will be if you get a 5600X + 6800XT say.
    So it would be very interesting to see 1) The performance of 5600X + 6800XT with triples/4K and also 2) The performance of 5600X + 6800XT + SAM.

This is actually the first time I've had a really hard time deciding whether to go for AMD or Nvidia. Gotta love competition though.

20. Konnichy

Konnichy Gamer

What AMD calls Smart Access Memory is actually part of the PCI-e standard and NVIDIA says they are looking into it right now to bring it to their product line via a software update.
    This specific topic does not seem like a decision argument to me.

DLSS could be, but which simracing titles support it? And in any case, it's not supported in VR.
    NVIDIA also has Single Pass Stereo (SPS) which is supported by iRacing and is said to bring something to the table (I have yet to try that). This is for VR only though.

With all that, it looks to me that AMD did some amazing work but that NVIDIA still has some under the foot.

Whitestar likes this.