1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sad news (about clarkson)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 10, 2015.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Not like hes has not done plenty of solo specials already.

He is fully capable of hosting a show on his own.

And youtube etc if for some reason he was too toxic for tv he could go internet do a blog show, show of some sort and people would watch it.

He is getting up there and health etc, at some point someone is going to have to replace him on tg.

Not that britian has lack of sarcastic hosters some of them should be car guys.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  2. Dream1979

Dream1979 Racer

Take Clarkson out and you are left with Top Gear US :(

SpriGgy, Snjper and Patrik Marek like this.
  3. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Utterly inevitable.
    The onward march of the Mediocracy.
    Top Gear should be replaced with a reality show where everyone sends their own youtube clips of them reviewing cars while using a selfie-stick.
    The future is good, the future is now.

4. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

The BBC PC Leftie Lovies shooting the golden goose???

Radom, Octane and Dream1979 like this.
  5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

this would actually be good, to have some interview/documentary with him
    but I think he wouldn't care. that's who he is

I would be very sad to find out that he really mean those things, I really think it's just his way of making fun of political correctness and that he doesn't really mean those things ,
    but yeah, without him the show is dead to me

6. Epocx

Epocx Alien

according to a news site(sorry closed the source) he punched a guy a week ago (!)
    how do you get punched and report it a week later. wtf.
    or why did the investigations took so long?

7. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Man...I didnt think there was anything that could combat the might of Swedish media PC, but I think I just may have found a contender in BBC...

Dream1979 likes this.
  8. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Apparently he bit a guys nose off a while back.

It grew back though.

SpriGgy and Epocx like this.
  9. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Doubt he'l be out of the game long . Offers are probably spamming his email now from other channels . Without him top gear isn't top gear .

10. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

James May > Jeremy Clarkson, any day. :D
    Jokes aside ... I thought he was ill or something. He is just suspended. Well sooner or later everybody gets what they deserve. And I mean the following: Even if Top Gear is a show which actually is pretty down-to-earth for the most part, and when something is sh*t it's called by its real name - sh*t!, I must say that some of their jokes are pretty lame, bad mannered and downright stupid. And even if self-irony should be next to every nation's book for self-preservation sometimes Top Gear just went over the line - just like trying too hard and failing at the end.
    So ... I'm glad he is not ill. :) To use some J.C.'s irony. ;)

11. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Clarkson!!!

12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Jason Plato is out of 5th gear. Maybe Clarkson could take his place..... On second thoughts maybe not lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

13. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Sad? It's inevitable. The guy has form.

I actually rather watch Chris Harris. At least that's really about cars. Oh, and Chris can drive...

14. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

LOL the BBC are fools if they let him go. I'm a little shocked to hear it though... I thought this type of stuff was only in the US.

So many people and companies end up ruined over ... words ... both privately and publicly..
    We're to the point that even a compliment is a crime.

Sticks and stones may break your bones but WORDS WILL NEVER HURT YOU

Different show....

er540 and Patrik Marek like this.
  15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I suppose that's why they are over 350 million views

yeah, what a lame show

16. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I would have thought that NOBODY is watching top gear to learn about cars, that's not the point of the show and that's why it has so many more viewers that "Pure car show" can ever have

Sm1ggs, mangal and Turk like this.
  17. Turk

Turk Alien

I kind of like the US top gear, it is what it is. One major difference is the complete disregard for safety in the US version, it's like a mirror image of BBC top gear with it's over the top health and safety.

Mr Clarkson, I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Chris Harris. I think you'll find you two have at least one thing in common. That would make some show.

Clarkson always seem like a pretty decent driver. He get's good lap times and seems as able to drift as Harris. When you consider the experience his had and all the cars he's put sideways I doubt there's anybody on the planet with a CV like his.

18. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I thought 350 million people watch that show because of the cars that are presented. Not because of the guys that present the cars.
    Well maybe that's just me.
    Pshhhhhhhhhhh ...

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i heard he was caught trying to stud richard hammond to breeders of small rodents.

apparently he was making a fortune from it and didnt declare any of the profit to the tax man.

20. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Well, of course. Top Gear is an entertaining show (at times), but it seems often cars are just the backdrop, rather than the main focus...

Patrik Marek likes this.