1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sad news (about clarkson)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 10, 2015.

1. youwerelucky

youwerelucky Racer

In mine too!:oops: I wouldn't have said that the Netherlands and Spain had so much in common :confused:.

2. Chessiah

Chessiah Racer

3. megaCoffee

megaCoffee Simracer

My emotions:

1. :eek: (saw title)
    2. :rolleyes: (started reading post)
    3. :( (finished reading post)
    4. :mad: (few seconds later)

Title should be changed to "Sad news (about Clarkson) [NOT DEAD]". :D

Minolin, Tucker73 and youwerelucky like this.
  4. youwerelucky

youwerelucky Racer

[​IMG]
    Be careful... BBC brother is watching you... :rolleyes:

Radom likes this.
  5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Just another government tax.... It's worse that we pay for the BBC to make the program, yet they make massive profits from international rights.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I don't think I would watch this ,
    people want entertainment, not facts :) I can read facts on the interent ( well .. internet facts)

Dream1979 likes this.
  7. youwerelucky

youwerelucky Racer

Yeah It's weird. But at least here I dream of having a BBC (even if comes with vans and guys with a remote detector or whatever). A really public, not (so) politically or commercially enslaved, top notch quality TV...? Luxury!;)

8. AmplifiedNL

AmplifiedNL Simracer

Maybe they can hire Chris Harris so we actually get useful insights on cars

nate likes this.
  9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I might be old, but facts about how F458 drives when push to the limit is probably less important to my everyday's life, then little bit of laughter , that's why i think TopGear is such a big success
    and why I think someone like Chris Harris would totally fail in TopGear - imo

Fear, Turk, Guido Trampe and 4 others like this.
  10. AnimeAvenger

AnimeAvenger Rookie

I don't think BBC will actually remove him. Sucks, no Top Gear this coming Sunday.

Dream1979 likes this.
  11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

this might be silly to say, but there is many producers out there, but only one Jeremy Clarkson ( and R.Hammond, J.May)
    if this is about dispute with producers

12. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

Regardless of what happens with this recent Clarkson incident; he will be too old to do the show eventually. Unless, the next guy/gal was a perfect fit I'd be fine with TG going off into the sunset. The colonial clone shows might as well be called 3 Dudes Talk Cars. No real connection aside from a paid for name.

I have enjoyed the ride. I don't agree with him many many times, but I laugh almost always. No one will ever convince me that he didn't do the plate thing in Argentina on purpose.

Boris Lozac likes this.
  13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

true, and that would be fine if the end of top gear was " we don't want to do this anymore " , or "I'm too old"
    but I would hate for Topgear to end becasue of some dispute or political correctness

Jebus and Dream1979 like this.
  14. leletto

leletto Racer

I think it will. BBC has always taken his side. Not this time.

Anyway this is the man who killed Top Gear:

https://twitter.com/MrEdsFM ( who is he? I don't know him since I'm italian )

And what Jeremy says about the incident:

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson

15. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

BBC is a party pooper. always was

16. MatthewSean

MatthewSean Racer

I think Clarkson is on a three year contract (due to expire this year), after selling his stake in the production company, to the BBC just over 2 years ago. So he may have not renewed his contract anyway.

As for the BBC's reaction, there are certain things that would result in instant dismissal in the UK, under Gross Misconduct, one of the is physical altercations with a co-worker. So the BBC had no option really, and after the problems with the last special he was given a final warning. I think JC thought he would get away with it because the BBC would never pull TG, as the ratings are too good. I guess you can push your luck for so long, and I wouldn't be surprised if TG is off air for a while.

The reason it was announced yesterday, is the studio filming is done on a Wednesday afternoon.

17. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

it would be weird having TG without Clarkson .. but to be honest he was mostly anoying in last 2 seasons (only funny guy left is cpt. Slow). Except interviews with guests, only part on a show he still does well

19. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

TG won't exist on the BBC without JC, not in it's current format anyway.
    Look at 5th Gear. Even Channel 5 don't want it anymore. VBH has gotten all fat and old, Tiff Needell is a bigger PITA than ever and that other guy who I can't even be bothered Googling his name, is useless. You should know your time is up when you can't even get onto network channels.

There are rumours that ITV are looking to start a motoring program though.... let the bidding wars commence :D