1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sad news (about clarkson)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 10, 2015.

1. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

"And now on BBC2 - Top Gear with Graham Norton....."

Turk and swannyuk like this.
  2. Bogey Jammer

Bogey Jammer Gamer

I though it was a bad health or accident new. However it's just a verbal incident like many ones in everyday public life…
    The guy got what he deserved for pushing the joke too hard against rules.
    Anyway, the show looks like a brainwashing one for me, I'm not so sad…

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

You're from France, ofc. you aren't sad about it....

4. Bogey Jammer

Bogey Jammer Gamer

Yeah I'm French, sorry this is not a British forum indeed. For your interest, Top Gear UK is famous and appreciated by a significant audience in France, just like many other countries in the world.
    EDIT: huh, you're Belgian, so what's your problem ???

5. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Mange Tout, Rodders.

Tucker73 and bondyboy like this.
  6. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I was kidding dude... Calm down :p
    It's just that French & British people mostly don't get along ;)

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

German media refer to some BBC board or other BBC platform where it got confirmed that Clarkson not just verbally offended a producer, but actually physically beat him.

And that is not a yellow card, but a red one.

Next three episodes, which would have finished the actual season, will not be done. Wise step would be to let the show die now. A return of Clarkson imo is not to be desired, he has overstepped a final red line, if the above news is true. The show without him, is not the show. So: let it die.

Temeter likes this.
  8. swannyuk

swannyuk Racer

I tune in every Sunday but can only remember really laughing at the episode with the ambulances. To be honest I think they are running out of funny stuff to do anyway and if I want car reviews I just watch Chris Harris. He's got a good sense of humour and knows how to drive a car on the edge.

9. Temeter

Temeter Gamer

I don't care about stupid remarks (as long as they don't follow a clear pattern), but hitting a producer is completely inacceptable. Some of the german media say it's apparently about him not getting food fast enough?

That said, i liked that series, in particular the specials. To bad if it get's cancelled, even if its for good. Doubt it can survive without clarkson.

10. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Yeah, German media talking about a British show.
    Until there's an official statement from either the BBC or Clarkson we shouldn't believe anything that is written in the press. (Actually, we should always do that).
    The press likes to blow things out of proportion etc. (as always). And tbh, Clarkson is kinda invincible. He makes Top Gear. Without Top Gear the BBC will lose so much ratings that they'll eventually get Top Gear back with Clarkson.

Dream1979 and Patrik Marek like this.
  11. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Top Gear is a money printing show for the BBC,
    they will investigate and sort it out. Its impossible to judge what lead to the incident, but i cant wait to hear (hopefully) both sides of the story.

Dream1979 and Fear like this.
  12. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

Rutte fired him, still it is pretty crazy indeed.

13. Temeter

Temeter Gamer

It's already on the english sites. Really hard to tell where news is actually coming from in the internet, thats why i cited german sites in the first place. Might of course be a bunch of crap.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-Clarkson-suspended-BBC-fracas-producer.html

Top Gear is basically a comedy show with its team and a bunch of cars. You can take cars out, but you can't take out the team.

Bogey Jammer likes this.
  14. leletto

leletto Racer

Even the dailymail isn't so reliable when it talking about Clarkson.

Temeter likes this.
  15. Temeter

Temeter Gamer

Ofc, i don' trust media about that stuff, even less online media. It's a typical cycle, atm they are in the process of copying news they found on other sites.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  16. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Did you honestly just put "dailymail" and "reliable" in the same sentence?

Humanity really is doomed. :(

burrito, Dream1979, Andy-R and 2 others like this.
  17. Epocx

Epocx Alien

LOL, i wonder how hard he hit the guy, probably a punch on the shoulder,
    you know how we men get when we dont get food ;)

but seriously, wtf clarkson.

Dream1979 likes this.
  18. leletto

leletto Racer

:D

I apologize, I never seriously read the dailymail. Unreliable italian news are enough for me.
    I just know that dailymail and TG are always at war.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Dream1979 likes this.
  19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

They refer to a BBC-run board as their source. ;)

Some months ago, British actor Michael Caine, known for his perfect gentleman's behavior and politeness, gave an interview to a German newspaper, too. He was asked why he always was so perfectly gentleman-like, he answered: "Because I have a terrible temper." Whether he really never let go himself occasionally, not even once, he was asked. "No, NEVER. If I let myself go even once, it would become terrible", he reiterated.

Clarkson should have beaten a producer for having his food delivered too late, the paper quotes from that BBC source. If that is true, he should take some lessons from Caine. You can be a media star - without behaving like a youknowwhat.

20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Clarkson can barely throw a ball so it's unlikely he threw a punch. Like him or not, he's an intelligent guy and whatever story comes out will be sprinkled with fairy dust to make it a sellable.

Patrik Marek, robertedell and jasjeet like this.