1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sad news (about clarkson)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

id punch a guys face off as well if my disgruntled lobster florets on a bed of mermaid caviar was poorly seasoned.

...its starting to remind me of a sketch from blue jam. perhaps clarksons berries went to the 9.

2. Radley

Radley Gamer

"Top Gear won't be the same without Clarkson" - sure, probably not. But you really only have Clarkson himself to thank if he actually ends up sacked. A lot of people have become rather enthralled by Clarkson's persona, but as much as people may love and worship the man, it does not give him any right to throw racist remarks (well-concealed as they may be), punch people and so forth. He's not royalty. He's a mere presenter on a "pokey little motoring show".

Good riddance if he gets the boot.

3. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

yeah..... "pokey little motoring show"

get your facts right first... Most popular show...... In the World ! FACT.

besides JC is the only appearance of revolt against political correctness that diminishes free speech. Britain needs him sorely.what I hope is another fact is that he dumps the BBC.

his contract appears to be up at the end of the month.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. He was never one to pull any punches when speaking his mind.

5. Coopz

Coopz Racer

Top Gear is a entertaining show but the last 5 or so seasons its just become a silly comedy show with a focus on cars. When it first came out it was a car show with some humor thrown in. Some of the challenges and special events they do are so scripted and staged its painful to watch.

6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

So no freedom of speech?

Of course racism is really bad, but does that also mean that racist jokes are no no? And if so, where does it stop? This way you won't be able to joke about anything soon, so we end up not speaking at all
    Bright future

All the nword fiasco was out of context and leaked out take, how are you suppose to fight that?

Maybe he is getting God syndrome, but I don't think so, I think he is too intelligent for that

And in case you wonder, I have fist hand racism experience myself , where I was the minirity/victim

But joke is something else than real racism

Dori and Dream1979 like this.
  7. Pixelchaser

300000 signed a petition in 1 day. WOW! with all the nonsense in the world. we really have our priorities wrong it seems. but im glad this occurs in this instance. The Beeb needs told. Punishing the Licence payers is a step to far. and that's all there is to it. No If`s But`s or anything else. its nothing to do with a suspension. that's an internal situation that has nothing to do with anyone else really. Role on the new Top Gear.

8. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Not in the UK, no.

9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

There is a definite reek of sh1te in the air over this fiasco.

1. All their contracts are up in a month. Someone that you or I don't know will be much more 'financially secure' with Clarkson out of the picture.
    2. Clarkson was on a final warning because of nothing. Don't be fooled by a 'leaked' out take, nothing gets leaked from the BBC unless they want it to be leaked.
    3. ITV have recently been toying with the idea of starting a motoring show.

Dream1979, flyingpig and Pixelchaser like this.
  10. Pixelchaser

"Gonae No Dae That".... LMAO. and well id be fine with Jack and Victor hosting Top Gear lol. (Its a Chewin the Fat thing)

11. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Clarkson is a bore, he deserves to go. The whole show has become formulaic and dull with him there, albeit with a few comedy moments 'a star in a reasonably priced car' has me channel flicking or forwarding 20 minutes or more.

I love race cars and the skill of driving cars on tracks, especially powerful or lightweight rear rear drive machines, it's the skills I love, not so much the cars, well maybe the pre 80s machines and the odd gem. But really there are millions of drab front wheel drive underpowered commuter cars that honestly people over-rely on should be crushed and sold sold scrap and any physically able driver slapped 'round the face and told to get some other mode of transport, for heaven's sake if you're young and healthy get a good bike or a pair of inline skates and enjoy yourself, quit tying yourself down to an underpowered FWD ****box.

Clarkson even though he is primarily interested in exciting powerful cars is waayyy to car centric and his one-sided hyperbole pitting cars against everything else 'annoying pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclist, bus drivers, truck drivers any other road user rants pay into the 'motorist lobby' 'I paid my road tax and I deserve' mentality, which I'm so sick of.

12. I think that Clarkson is a breath of fresh air in a world where too many people are scared to say anything in case they get sued for defamation of character, or political incorrectness.

Octane, Tucker73, Phil64 and 7 others like this.
  13. Pixelchaser

If you make a G&T at the north pole, then your a drunk driver.
    If you make a joke with words you are a bad person.
    If you deliberately skip over a racist word out of a 200 year old rhyme, told in every single western culture you are a definitely a racist.
    You can refer to any other countries habitants as whatever you want, but refer to Mexicans as Lazy and your a racist & bad person. LOL!
    If you visit a country where previousl your nation won a war over. Its still your fault and you really do deserve to be killed.

this is just how bad its gotten. Monty Python could not have made it in todays age of instilled carefulness. but all this is equally as funny. Maybe he should be Flogged by some genuine people that live up to his stereotypical belief of the world around him, now that's justice isn't it ? LOL.

14. Mascalzone

Mascalzone Racer

Come on, nobody takes him seriously.

Except idiots.

Dream1979 likes this.
  15. Pixelchaser

i`m still bitter about the BBC removing Top of the Pops - HAHAHA !. (joke)

16. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Clarkson is a prat of mammoth proportions. He's the worst thing about Top Gear. I've been saying for ages that i'd much rather see him gone and replaced with Chris Harris... glad i'm not the only one :)

17. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Never mind that, doing a deal with Sky and only showing half the F1 races live was really annoying. They tell us it saved the BBC £20 million pounds, and then use the money to buy the rights to show "The Voice".... yet another dismal karaoke / talent type show. :(

Pixelchaser likes this.
  18. Pixelchaser

Chemistry is what is good about British Top Gear. sticking anyone else in there just doesn't cut it. Proven countless times in the TV industry. Chemistry in this manner can not be manufactured out of nothing. and that is why British Top Gear is infinitely more popular than any other iteration of it. and why its the most popular show and has been for the last several years.

Like it or Loathe it, It is my bet you still watch it ;) because you like it or loathe it.

Dream1979 likes this.
  19. Crayfis

Crayfis Gamer

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks that Clarkson and the other two infantile public schoolboys are massive cocks.
    I miss when you had Tiff Needell describing driving the McLaren F1 in real time, rather than some scripted race against a speedboat to Monaco, or the 'Stig', which was semi amusing for about 2 episodes but at this point, seriously..

I stopped watching as soon as it changed to the new format and prefer the much better content you can now find on youtube.

bondyboy likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

"well done mate, you can't do anything in this country anymore mate, it's political correctness gone mad. You know, you can't even write racial abuse, in excrement, on someone's car... with out the politically correct brigade jumping down your throat."

:D

Pixelchaser likes this.