1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Safety rating on free to play weekends

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by AngryRasin, Jun 1, 2020.

1. AngryRasin

AngryRasin Rookie

Hi all,

This is mostly for the dev team to have a look at but a but of friendly discussion is always great. Over the weekend there was the free to play on steam event. This attracted a lot of people in to trying the game. While I'm sure most are pretty good I did notice a lot of drivers intentionally causing crashes. This included in 1 race 2 drivers parking on the straight on Monza and waiting to go head on with other cars. The net cause of all of this was toxicity in chat and a severe tanking of safety rating.

My suggestion to Kunos would be that during a free to play even safety rating or online stats are frozen. I'm playing from Australia where there is limited servers available and because of the sudden loss of 7 SA I now can't play in most of the servers in my region. I always strive to be a safe driver and avoid contact but sometimes it happens and I understand the way the SA system works and I think it's great. This is just the Achilles heel of that system being that people with nothing to lose in terms of play ability of the game can act like raging *****s and put other people out.

If needed I'd be happy to send a couple of replay files to the devs as demonstrations of what happened over the weekend.

Creegz and yakuza001 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating - differences between driver statistics and ingame Sep 2, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Safety Rating Progress not saved Jun 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Safety rating assassins. Jul 22, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Safety Rating Info Apr 13, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating slow increase Feb 2, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 80 Safety rating detected as 79 SA Jan 6, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards What is Safety Rating KM? Nov 30, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Safety Rating needs a rework Aug 23, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Safety Rating May 6, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Safety Rating only decreasing for 2 weeks Apr 26, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Safety Rating and multiplayer servers Mar 21, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards my safety rating imrpoves very, very slow Jan 24, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Idea to improve safety rating system Nov 30, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating won't go up/game reading races incorrectly (1.0.10) Sep 19, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards How can I fix safety rating stuck at 48 Sep 14, 2019

3. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I would recommend staying out of the low SA servers. Drivers testing the free weekend won't be able to get into higher SA servers.

4. AngryRasin

AngryRasin Rookie

That's a fair suggestion. The issue I had was take a server with low SA restrictions or a server with 400 ping... I didn't realize it was a free weekend until after I'd been punted a few times.

5. AudiSport

AudiSport Racer

:)I will never get in a server that has a low SA requirement (at least 40SA+), 70+ servers will be good to go all the time.

You will get mad easily when you get in a low requirement server...

Winston likes this.
  6. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I remember some notorious crashers in AC who spent all their time parking on fast corners or cutting corners and smashing people up. The SA system may have it's faults but it's easy to forget how bad it could be if not for it. It does rely on users exercising discretion when selecting servers to join.

7. Yeah all you need to do is join higher SA servers...

Vítor Sousa and martcerv like this.
  8. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Ahh I feel your pain. :(
    Follow AC on Facebook (if you have fb), and then maybe you will get notified about free weekends. (They are not really common).
    https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/

9. Doc3d

Doc3d Racer

I never plat MP so forgive me if I’m mistaken, but can’t you turn off ratings for MP? So if there are high chances of wreckers your stats wont be affected?
    If that’s the case, leaving ratings on is a gamble, I guess

10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

No, you can turn ratings off in single player only.

11. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

If you could turn off ratings in MP than there would be wreckfest.:D

12. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Lol ... always people being worried about their e-peens .
    SA ain´t STATUS like a Rolex or a Porsche or a trophy wife, it´s currency .
    Currency is MEANT to be exchanged .
    Sometimes you´re a haussier, sometimes you´re a baissier, sometimes nothing at all happens .

Be less afraid, all those precious SA points will evenutally flock back to you anyway, so freezing SA would only mean DESTRUCTION DERBY in the literal PS1-game sense of things .
    I actually found it partially hilarious what I had to do to avoid some of the new guys and it had another cool side-effect : some of my evasion jutsu´s were upgraded ^^

Tl;Dr:
    `twas messy, but not for naught and I, for one, hope we hooked a metric gigaton of new players .

13. Free weekend in any racing game = Avoid Public lobbys = less moaning