1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Samsung G9 Odyssey / ACC display issue

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by jonhart.hotlap, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Hey all,

Below you will find 4 screenshots from ACC, as displayed on my late 2020 Samsung 49" G9 Odyssey.

Res is 5120 x 1440 px, aspect 32:9.

ACC 1.75 runs perfectly but when actually racing, a single white vertical line appears where, I assume, would equate to a bezel. The offset in ACC view settings is set to zero (see images).

A couple of points to note:

1) This only displays when in Drive mode.
    2) The pit view shows a clear, clean 1px vertical line.
    3) When you start moving, you will see a flare around the line in the top part of the screen. It varies a tiny bit, but only when moving.
    4) The main menu does not show this line, only in Drive mode.
    5) View settings screen also shows this line.

This happens on all ACC tracks. There is no issue with any AC tracks.

Hardware:

Intel i7-9700KF @ 3.6.
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super

Controls: Fanatec Pedals V3, ClubSport Base 2.5, BMW Gt3 wheel

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    nirwana42 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Samsung G9 Odyssey & ACC stretched display issue Apr 19, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Samsung odyssey settings Jul 28, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues How do you get a Samsung Odyssey+ working in AC? Dec 27, 2019
    ACC Audio 1.0.7 beta VR Audio Issues (Samsung Odyssey) Aug 5, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Big improvement for Samsung Odyssey Feb 13, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality No Force Feedback in VR Samsung Odyssey+ (ACC Version 5.0) Jan 16, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality No FFB in VR (Samsung Odyssey+) ACC 0.4.1 Dec 20, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Samsung Odyssey Plus Oct 22, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality Cannot get cockpit view in VR with Samsung Odyssey Oct 20, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality some tips to those who use samsung odyssey Oct 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room AC with WMR Samsung Odyssey settings Aug 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room [VR] Samsung Odyssey + GTX 980 + i7 2600k? Jul 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Samsung Odyssey feedback Jun 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Ditched Samsung Odyssey and got oculus Jun 3, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting HDR on 49" screen - Samsung C49RG94SSU - weak colors Dec 15, 2021

3. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

You can adjust resolution scale to get rid of the white line. Just find a value that works. Post processing to low helps with the resolution scale but doesn't completely fix it..

4. Thank you for your reply.

I moved the resolution to 120% and that fixed the line issue, as well as dropping post processing to low.

Whilst there is no line now visible, you can just make out a slight contrast change between the virtual left and right screen areas, but only when moving. This is will probably be a software fix soon enough.

Thank you for your kind help.

Jon :)

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Another option for wide screen that works just as well as enabling Triple Screen is to set Projection Correction to 1.0 in View option, and disable Triple Screen. No white bezels and mirrors are not stretched anymore, just set the right FOV.

6. Thanks for that option. It definitely dials out the slight contrast change so its now totally one screen.

Cheers for your assistance.

Jon :)

kro likes this.
  7. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Agreed, this is the way.

That Projection Correction option does cause your virtual mirror to get chopped off the top of the screen, however a recent update allows you to modify the vertical position of the virtual mirror, so solves that problem.

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Also found out today that Triple Screen setup has quite negative performance impact comparing to Projection Correction, not to mention introduces that weird contrast shift on virtual screens transitions.
    BTW, white lines can be fixed by increasing Resolution Scale, 101% worked for me.

9. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Decreasing works too. And of course helps a bit with the performance.

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Word of caution of Projection Correction!
    It degrades image quality, looks like it's trying to stretch lower res image and you can see as things get much blurrier at mid/long distances.
    No kidding, was scratching my head why ACC started looking as if I run lower Resolution Scale, turned out it's this guy. :mad:

11. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

It distorts the image, as it applies a sphere distortion, which is why the performance impact cannot be compared 1:1.

50% projection correction requires around 10% more res scale, and 100% requires 15-20% more to offset the clarity loss in the centre.
    The curve of the G9 would justify the correction being maxed out, but it depends on what resolution upscaling you can afford. On the older gen Samsung ultrawide on my home rig I run 50% and 110 res scale.

I would still recommend projection correction to be used on curved ultrawide monitors, as that's what it's there for. Triple projection has an approximately 20-25% performance impact, I don't think the extra res scale is as taxing, depending on GPU.

kro, JanR, nirwana42 and 3 others like this.
  12. I also use the older version of samsung 39:2 (chg9) and find that 110% resolution scale was not enough. For me it was at least 130%, and the fps loss was big. Experimented a lot with the projection correction and resolution scale, and at the end returned to the triple screen option with low postprocessing.

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Wow, thanks a lot Gergő, absolutely invaluable information.
    Any chance to have it captured in your wonderful "Newcomer's Guide" before it gets lost?
    Thanks again.

nirwana42 likes this.
  14. Hankmadison

Hankmadison Gamer

Is there an actual newcomer's guide to setting up the G9 in ACC? And if so, where would I find it? Thanks.

BTW @Andrew_WOT thanks again for your G9 settings. Loving them!

15. RSR2KX

RSR2KX Racer

Hi,

is there a link to read about @Andrew_WOT settings for the G9, would be much apprecitaed.

cheers

16. Hankmadison

Hankmadison Gamer

17. Rebel_488

Rebel_488 Racer

@Andrew_WOT any idea why your epic vr engine changes my view settings? I’m not complaining as I prefer it to mine but I can’t see any reason for it, not fov but height, dash etc is different, also why can’t I enable hdr in game? Nvidia, windows and g9 all enabled? Cheers if u can assist lol

18. Rebel_488

Rebel_488 Racer

I also don’t seem to be able to change the projection curve from what u have set but none of this seems to be in the file? I typed engine rather than graphics setting file by mistake

19. Rebel_488

Rebel_488 Racer

@pankykapus do I have any idea about this? When I set up my fov with dlss on its one way and then if I change to fsr it’s a different more zoomed out view. Projection correction also doesn’t seem to make a difference when I change it. Also dlss equals 80 plus fps (80 sharpness/quality mode) fsr (res 101, sharpness 20) equals 55-60 fps. All tests on single player hotlap mode.

Hankmadison likes this.
  20. Rebel_488

Rebel_488 Racer

To be clear when using fsr, the projection curve changes dont seem to affect anything? And so the view changes from standard (or with dlss), not fov as such but it’s more zoomed out than what I have set without fsr and the view/track almost feels narrower like a tunnel vision etc, sorry I’m describing this terribly. Hope it makes sense

Hankmadison likes this.
  21. Hankmadison

Hankmadison Gamer

I would love to see a guide for setting up G9 Ultrawide with ACC. Seems there is quite a bit of conflicting info regarding Projection Correction vs Triple Screen Settings and some of the issues mentioned above.

Prometheus 3 likes this.