1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Samsung Odyssey Plus

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Samsung G9 Odyssey & ACC stretched display issue Apr 19, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Samsung G9 Odyssey / ACC display issue Mar 5, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Samsung odyssey settings Jul 28, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues How do you get a Samsung Odyssey+ working in AC? Dec 27, 2019
    ACC Audio 1.0.7 beta VR Audio Issues (Samsung Odyssey) Aug 5, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Big improvement for Samsung Odyssey Feb 13, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality No Force Feedback in VR Samsung Odyssey+ (ACC Version 5.0) Jan 16, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality No FFB in VR (Samsung Odyssey+) ACC 0.4.1 Dec 20, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality Cannot get cockpit view in VR with Samsung Odyssey Oct 20, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality some tips to those who use samsung odyssey Oct 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room AC with WMR Samsung Odyssey settings Aug 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room [VR] Samsung Odyssey + GTX 980 + i7 2600k? Jul 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Samsung Odyssey feedback Jun 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Ditched Samsung Odyssey and got oculus Jun 3, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting HDR on 49" screen - Samsung C49RG94SSU - weak colors Dec 15, 2021

3. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Any opinions about this HMD?

To me, the screen upgrade looks like exactly what I'm waiting for but details such as the nose flaps (which would have me reaching for the scissors) and possibly the headphones and general fit + weight make me wait & see.

Anyone see this https://www.roadtovr.com/brendan-iribe-leaves-facebook-rumor-oculus-rift-2-cancelled/

Not confirmed by any stretch but if true would leave a big gap in the market.

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

It seem Oculus are more focused on other projects (Wireless, social, mobile VR / AR) but, that's not surprising given the behind the scenes wrangling that goes on there. Other tech companies may have to assume the lead role in PC-VR going forward and Samsung are likely to be a major factor, especially in terms of display tech. This new version may be as good as it gets in the short term but, PiMax may be one to watch, especially if they can optimize performance and image-quality across the wider FOV.

Whitestar and Phil64 like this.
  5. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I'm hoping that the Google / LG headset comes out in 2019 - it looks promising.

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

promo video

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  9. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

What was your experience with the tracking? It's come in for some criticism but some users seem happy.

I'm very interested in V2 as I've really had enough of SDE.

10. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

...and the sails are also expected here in Brazil too, lets hope for a affordable price.

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Head tracking is excellent, all you need just some light in the room.
    Had some issues with controllers tracking initially until purchased separate BT dongle. The new one has BT receiver in the headset, should be even better.

alex bonner, Phil64 and Dean Ogurek like this.
  12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

This article on VR Road is very interesting on exactly what is really improved on the +.

'It’s the same 1,440 × 1,600 (per eye) resolution as the original headset.

Samsung
    Anti-SDE AMOLED Display solves SDE by applying a grid that diffuses light coming from each pixel and replicating the picture to areas around each pixel. This makes the spaces between pixels near impossible to see. In result, your eyes perceive the diffused light as part of the visual content, with a perceived PPI of 1,233PPI, double that of the already high 616PPI of the previous generation Samsung HMD Odyssey+ [sic].

It sounds like Samsung has embedded the displays with a diffuser which is designed to let light spill into the the unlit gaps between pixels, thereby hiding the screen door effect. We believe PSVR has used the same approach to great effect.

However, Samsung’s claim that it doubles “user-perceived resolution” sounds misleading. The diffuser may reduce the screen door effect to a point that it looks similar to what would be seen from a display with twice the pixel density, but as far as we can tell, the perceived sharpness of the display (the aspect most associated with resolution) cannot be increased with this method
    "

If that "diffuser" works well, it bold well for having one particularly irritating aspect of the VR experience improved in most VR goggles, without taxing our PC performance.
    Definitely
    looking forward to users review.

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Indeed, ingenious solution, IF it works.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Keeping a close eye on this, have been using the rift since day one and an upgrade would be welcome, especially a reasonably priced one

mms, Phil64 and Cote Dazur like this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I am a bit skeptical on that but ordered one anyway, if anything there should be at least some improvement.

mms and Cote Dazur like this.
  19. mms

mms Alien

Looking forward to your review ;) Really curious how much it's better.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  20. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

OK, I want one :)

What would be the best way to order one to be delivered to the UK?

https://www.bigapplebuddy.com/ Looks useful, just need to check what happens if they deliver a faulty unit.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  21. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer