1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Samsung Odyssey Plus

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Quite hard to get the clear image considering small lens sweet spot, not perfect shot by any means but I think still looks sharper than your example, click for full size image.
    This is with SS 256% (equal to old 1.6), all my settings are in the file in my sig.

[​IMG]

Kaktus10, Dean Ogurek and luxxx797 like this.
  3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Two more reviews from well known VR reviewers. Sorry, German for now, you can enable captions auto translate.

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Tried to snatch a better picture with the phone.
    [​IMG]

5. Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  6. Kaktus10

Kaktus10 Rookie

Andrew,

Please make some more pictures please:)

7. Kaktus10

Kaktus10 Rookie

Andrew,

Please make some more pictures please:)

8. Guys, is the difference with the rift significant or not?
    clearly I use it only for sim racing of which ACC.
    thank you

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Thanks, looks like reprojection is kicked in on Odyssey image. Try to lower SS to 250%.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/719950/announcements/detail/1652133167137673234

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Something is very wrong, almost like your lenses are smudged or something, unless you subconsciously taking out of focus picture for Odyssey. :D
    Did you check the trough the lens image I posted above.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/samsung-odyssey-plus.52619/page-4#post-1010885
    This was Odyssey+ with these settings AC VR Settings
    Does your set look any similar, if not it's either defective or you have some driver/software setup issue.

11. Hi Andrew,
    I can not get the quality of your image with the same settings as you. I can not understand why. the drivers of my PC are all updated. I will try to reinstall WMR.

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I had some similar weirdness when replaced Odyssey with Odyssey+ until cleaned up old driver and reinstalled WMR
    Check this post if it can lead you in the right direction
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/...yesterday_initial_thoughts/e9auzr1/?context=0

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

OMG, discovered Skyrim VR today.
    I am speechless, the world looks so realistic, detailed, and beautiful in Odyssey+, and I don't even have any mods (yet), only Dynamic Resolution and TAA disabled, High Graphics preset, 256% SteamVR SS. Out of all others half-assed VR tech demos, this is a true gem.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  14. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

SDE can give you the illusion of sharpness and effectively help the brain understand edges better. Thats the difference between vive pro and Odyssey+

My odyssey+ arrived last week but the ergonomics are terrible for my type of face and I need to mod it. From the rift to the O+, I win:

- resolution
    - clarity
    - about half the god rays (yay!) but still there and annoying.

I lose:

- Comfort and good ergonomics
    - More tracking gremlins (rift had its own tracking issues even with 2 sensors)
    - Inability to remove the earphones.
    - smaller sweet spot.
    - concentric rings (you can see them in the pictures above in this thread).
    - Performance (openvr is worse than the rift in performance from my testing)

There is no going back to the Rift though, and I already sold it. With some mods my odyssey+ will be comfortable again.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

They all use Fresnel lenses, you perhaps see the rings due to light bleeding from sides, as you said ergonomics is horrible, whoever designed this face pad should be punished by wearing it 24/7.
    VRCover is working on solution already, there are also some memory foam DIY options you can check out.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/...d_thoughts_of_my_comfort_mod_for_the/e90083g/
    For me it's not a deal breaker for now, but I will definitely grab VRCover pads when they become available, their original Odyssey velour replacement worked very well.
    Check my sig for AC and SteamVR settings I am using with Odyssey.

Phil64 and Daniel Costa like this.
  16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Little trick for you guys.
    If you are tired of taking headset off to hit Win-Y to regain focus and mouse control in AC, grab VoiceAttack and add this, works like a charm, it was a bit tricky to figure out that command should be sent to Mixed Reality, I also set one for recentering Crtl-Space and Menu - Esc.

upload_2018-11-27_20-10-34.png

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Pheebau likes this.
  17. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

My odyssey + just came in today and I can tell you that it’s going back. It has a slightly sharper image at center but that is offset by bluriness everywhere else that I think is induced by the filter they are using to remove screen door effect.

Back to back the rift looks sharper to me. The audio is better in the rift. The rift is more comfortable and is just a better overall package.

If the screen door effect really bothers you then the odyssey may be for you. Right now I’m not impressed at all.

jaxx_za likes this.
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It takes a while to find comfortable sweet spot, ipd, and position, but after you nail it, it's good all around. If you see sharp image in the center that is not anti-SDE screen issue as it should affect sweet spot as well.

mms likes this.
  19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien