1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Samsung Odyssey Plus

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT likes this.
  2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Mario versus world, battling conspiracy of Samsung Odyssey. :D

3. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Can't contain my excitement to share this finding with you guys.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/719950/discussions/0/3276824488715073552/
    Ignore part with compositor changes, just go into
    \\STEAM\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings
    and change renderTargetScale to 2.0 instead of 1.0, after that match AC SS to that target.
    I couldn't believe the difference at first, stunning really.
    Did the same with SkyrimVR, same result, mind boggling clarity.

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

This also bumps up quality of reprojection eliminating blurring and increases sweet spot.

6. Never mention ACC but only AC, why?

7. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

I have reprojection set to "auto" in that config file, but I dont think its working. How can I tell?

What do you mean by "matching AC SS to that target" ? set SS to 200% ?

8. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Just imported Odyssey+ into the UK and so far mixed feelings. Can anyone tell me how to hit 90fps please? I'm stuck on a solid 60fps & can't figure out which setting to change, thanks.

9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Check the file in my sig, it has all rhe settings. Make sure to shutdown SteamVR when modifying file.

As for ACC. I was quite upset with R1 and R2 to touch it again. At least not until the GA.
    @Phil64
    There are settings in WMR home app.
    Also make sure to have VSync off. I also had AC switching to 60fps when other window was acquiring focus, just hit Win-Y when that happen.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Phil64 likes this.
  10. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Thanks! I'll try it tonight.

How can you tell if the reprojection is kicking in in WMR ? is it the light inside the headset? I have to read a manual of all this

11. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Thanks Andrew - I don't use VSync and with the WMR set to 90Hz I still get 60fps - it must be something in steamvr settings or an ini file, there's definitely some reprojection going on but steam have removed the options from the VR menu so not been able to find it yet?!

I will add a review when I'm sorted and have some more idea how to optimise it, cheers.

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Yes, it's enabled in my settings (check the file) and link to manual is there too. It's the light in the left upper corner, when enabled it shows:
    green - no reprojection
    light blue - CPU bound
    dark blue - GPU bound
    red - cannot achieve 45 fps to reproject

@Phil64, I am pretty sure you are hitting the same issue I had at times before figuring out that it was windows focus problem. Try to enable Direct Mode in SteamVR, there is a button in settings to do that. And next time it happens try to move input to HMD by pressing Win-Y.

13. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Thanks for your help Andrew - I have direct mode enabled and still 60Hz - bit stumped!

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

And WMR Home/HeadSet/Experience is set to 90hz, not Auto?

Is it 60Hz in AC only or in CliffHouse too? How about other VR titles, like BigScreen?
    Do you have Beta opted in in SteamVR and Mixed Reality for SteamVr?

When you run diagnostic/setup in Samsung Odyssey+ HMD Setup app, does it show any warnings/errors?

Last resort, try to uninstall WMR, reboot and start over.

Phil64 likes this.
  15. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Thanks Andrew, yes - 90Hz not auto. I have both betas as I had 60Hz without them and thought it might help. No errors on setup although AC is now reprojecting to the WMR portal which it wasn't doing before?

I'll look at other apps tomorrow and get back to you - will probably reinstall first resort now, thanks.

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

There is mirror button (looks like Play) in WMR Portal that you probably clicked.
    Also, make sure to shutdown Windows native WMR Portal before launching SteamVR.
    You connect straight to HDMI, no DP/HDMI adapters or extension cables, correct?
    What about VSync settings in NVidia CP?

Phil64 likes this.
  17. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I was using an adaptor - always worked perfectly with the rift at 90Hz. Just swapped them round so my monitor is now going via the adaptor and steamvr shows 90Hz - awesome and thank you! Can't wait to try AC at 90Hz :)

I close WMR portal (which is like a parody of Oculus home) and start steamvr then WMR portal automatically opens again?! How can I stop this? I would really like to be able to use the HMD without this piece of junk!

VSync was off all round - actually I copied your sig settings - was pretty close to them to begin with.

Thanks again for all your help, also for input to this thread - I have time tomorrow to try stuff and write some thoughts on the +.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

SteamVR is auto launches WMR, but I think it's like special version of it. There is some learning curve with WMR but after you figure out all the stuff, it's pretty smooth ride. Image quality worth it esp. with renderTargetScale=2.0. My jaw dropped to the floor when I launched SkyrimVR yesterday after that change.

Phil64 likes this.
  19. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Flashlight does not seem to work, tried pressing the 2 controller buttons and the voice command but nothing happening. Is it that we're waiting for a Win10 upgrade?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It was in since 1809.