1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sauber C9 - Spa First attempt making videos -

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Won, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Won

Won Gamer

As the title says , my first attempt at creating videos on AC .

I hope you like , and all kinds of constructive criticism are accepted.

Sorry for my english,google translator.

Regards.

Anuj, esox71, Sleeper Service and 2 others like this.
  2. Alexandr66

Alexandr66 Hardcore Simmer

In first part of video...with wind started feeling of nice "western". After...music is make this feeling true and some kind of epic in my blood.

Won likes this.
  3. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Who's the guy with the green headlights?? I can't imagine driving with those things blinking my mirrors. Ban him :D:D:D
    Criticism: I dislike the cameras that "float" around the car, they make the scene wholy unreal. Normal TV replay cameras, dashboard, bonnet, rearview fixed in the car, static cameras and cars flying by, are ok, but others... uffff.
    Let me explain with a quick example, comparing the sequence from 3:15 to 3:22, and tell me what camera set is better for inmersion and effects.
    From 4:02 to 4:11, I just want to kill myself except the cockpit side view sequence.
    6:11 that almost spin would look great from any other angle.
    What's more, with these cameras, it's like the graphics look rFactor-ish. Like no PP filter or effects whatsoever, it's weird.
    And the take with three grey cars in the grid at 1:48 is too long, more than 20 seconds, don't waste the epic music standing at the same cars for that long.
    But don't take it personally. It's my general opinion about videos. Besides, other than that, your clip is quite brilliant, amazing job. Good music, good taste, good eye for filming and composing.

Won likes this.
  4. Won

Won Gamer

Impressive answer! I am very grateful for all those tips . You're absolutely right with the cameras , with the desire to finish quickly , I fall short taking shots.
    I create the following with more patience and looking for better angles.

Anyway I 'm noob with creating videos , so I just started a long journey. :)

I await your response for future videos. ! regards! :)

5. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

In my opinion the rock music doesn't really fit to the "epic" music before that. If you can't to use rock music, try to find some, that fits the epic part.
    Try to cut the scenes to the beat (and this rock'n'roll song didn't really have one imho :D ).
    Also, try working with the field of view.

This is a w.i.p. trailer I made a while ago, it is nowhere near complete, but you can see what I mean.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Sleeper Service and Won like this.
  6. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Nice work, especially for your first attempt at putting something together with AC. I tend to agree with @Tundra on a couple of points, one or two shots are a little too long (the look down the grid at 3 cars), seems like a filler and would also be improved with three cars of different colours to give some contrast. A mix of Sergio Leone and Deep Purple is interesting and used to good effect. As far as camera placings and shots are concerned, personally, depends on whether you are aiming for a race highlights sort of theme or a more cinematic approach to the theme of the video. Nothing wrong with either ;) The unfinished trailer by @.Repa24 is a good example of cueing in the imagery with the audio and of getting the "colour" right. My guess he's using some video editing and processing software as well as in game filters. Shows how to think about putting the video together rather than just adding a bunch of clips one after the other.

The slo mo overhead shot of the car over-steering round a stricken car at T1 is a really good shot and seems to fit in with the music at that point. A lot depends on the tools at your disposal and what you are aiming at, so good luck on your journey, a really good first try-out. Look forward to seeing more.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Won likes this.
  7. Won

Won Gamer

It seems that you do not like rock music .:oops:

Thx for answer .Repa24 ,but really I think is not so bad. They are 2 distinct parts. (I thought people would see the difference between the two,maybe i was wrong xD) The intro , with that kind of epic music and grid ready to start and then the " action " with a more hard music .

Anyway,your video is awesome.Nice to see, and exquisite assembly...i cant wait to see it finished.I hope someday to create something like your video(but whit rock music :p ),thx for the FOV tip.

It is a mixture of the two .
    At the end I could not decide what to do,serious or more cinematic .
    I will try to improve mixing of music with the images. I must admit that the desire to end made me be a little less strict with the accuracy of assembly :( (and my poor hardware)

I know that the image of the 3 cars is very long. It is a kind of tribute to those 3 drivers/team.
    Anyway , you guys are right, it is too long

I will upload the next video in couple of days.We'll see if it goes well

Thx for answer! :)

Edit : A question:
    Is there any way to change the speed of movement of the cameras ?

REgards!

8. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

I actually really like rock music (I hear it every morning on the radio), but I don't get what style you want to achieve with this piece of music.
    In my opinion, it fits more to open road or western style scenes than a race on a closed track.

You can slow down the camera speed by pressing shift on your keyboard (or ctrl, don't know atm).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Won likes this.
  9. Won

Won Gamer

A little silly video.

10. rq08437

rq08437 Rookie

Very nice work WON!!!!

Won likes this.
  11. Won

Won Gamer