1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Save both FOV and seat position settings to individual cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by shiftA, Mar 30, 2014.

1. shiftA

shiftA Racer

This may have been raised elsewhere already I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I enjoy this sim so much that I often change cars to do lap times and race against the now enjoyable AI and although it's no massive effort to feel comfortable behind the wheel in cockpit view it would be so much easier if my settings for both the FOV and the seat positions where saved to individual cars.

Hopefully this could be implemented fairly soon? :D

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards 1.7.6 issues with both Stats and Ratings (was 1.7.2 Stats not being saved...) Feb 22, 2021
    ACC General Discussions The game throws me into the wall and also refused to save telemetry. Why? Tuesday at 7:24 PM
    ACC Gameplay Loading save game on other device Apr 7, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing save progress mid race and after race. (Xbox series x) Mar 19, 2024
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    XBox One Discussions Saved game crash Xbox series s Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting AI Skill resetting to 100% when loading a saved game Feb 21, 2024
    Bug reports PS5 crashes when loading "Saved game" Feb 5, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting I can't load my saved game Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Save seated position in VR? Jul 13, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Nothing is saved (HUD, race result) Jul 3, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem-Mid session save Jun 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to resume saved game May 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can't set button for mid race save replay... May 7, 2023
    ACC Gameplay [1.9]After loading save, AI had broken axle Apr 23, 2023

3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I second that. Maybe it's not a "must have" but it's one of those little things that makes the game better. Would be nice to have it at some stage. If not the devs than maybe modders can do something like that?

nivadepi likes this.
  4. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Maybe i`m being stupid here, or misunderstanding what you're asking, but it is possible . . . .

Just use the 'Onboard Settings' app. Hit save and it's car specific.

EDIT: Ah crap , i see you were asking for BOTH and the app just does seat position car specific, not FOV. Sorry :/

I`ll leave the pic on for anyone it may be useful for.

Attached Files:

5. shiftA

shiftA Racer

No your not being stupid it's probably that I'm not being clear with what I mean.

Thing is, I find at least, that depending on the car I will need to change both the FOV and the seat position to achieve a comfortable overall driving position. Now because I've changed both the next car I'm in will usually need both it's settings altered again.

The onboard settings app only saves the seat position and not the FOV.

6. djadlib

djadlib Gamer

I would also like to have a FOV setting per individual car ..........

nivadepi likes this.
  7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I would like to understand why you would wish to change the FOV when changing car.
    Proper FOV is determined by the size of your screen, the resolution you use and how far your (real) seat is from the screen. Once it is set you should not have to change it, except if you change your set up, like change your screen or have to change the distance your are from the screen.
    FOV affects how you perceive what happens outside the car, the perspective of what you see is not affected by what car you are driving,
    It does not matter what car your drive.
    the important adjustment for the cockpit view for the different car is made by moving the seat. Front to back and up or down. AC already has different setting for each car that can be individually set.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  8. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

after starting your drivingsession just go to onboard-settings, change it the way you like it and then push the "save" button. Works fine for me so i guess its already implemented.

9. shiftA

shiftA Racer

Well thing is I've settled on a FOV by using a FOV calculator so it is correct for my monitors diameter, it's aspect ratio and the distance I sit from it and once I got used to it I find it's definitely the best way to get the most from this outstanding sim.

If however I change car from say the Lotus EXOS 125 S1 to the BMW M3 GT2 no matter what I do with the seat settings position, pitch or any of the four arrows the universal FOV will leave the dash far to close and if I move the seat position back to compensate I will loose forward vision because the seat itself blocks my view and so the only way I can avoid that is to change the UN-saveable universal FOV.

I'm probably missing something here but anyway that's why I wish to change the FOV and seat variables together per car.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    nivadepi and Cote Dazur like this.
  10. MattEman

MattEman Gamer

I hear you shiftA, i make the same adjustments. FOV calculations are a good referrence point however for my , rig, seating position, and screens i prefer to tweak them a little to suit my own preferences in different cars much like yourself. To save time, I find it helps to write the settings down in my "little black race book" so as when i return to that a particular car i just dial in the numbers a drive.

11. shiftA

shiftA Racer

Thanks MattEman that's what I'll do. I'm no game developer for all I know what I'm asking for might not even be possible.

Anyway thanks to all for your interest and input.

12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@shiftA, I understand what you are trying to do, I agree with you, it would be nice to be able to get the seat in the car a little further back sometime.
    As it is now if you go to far back then you are blocked by the head rest.
    What we need is more range to move the seat back, that way we could keep the proper FOV ,but also get the inside perspective that we want for every car.

13. shiftA

shiftA Racer

Yes Cote that sounds like the answer, thanks mate.

14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

What is the difference between the TWO save buttons in the config app ("save" and "save VR" I think...)?

15. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

for oculus rift I would imagine