1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Save cockpit view settings?

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by RhythmMachine, May 8, 2020.

1. When I go into a new race and adjust the cockpit view and click on Save, does it save it only for that instance of that race? So, if I go in and do the same race/same car tomorrow, do I need to set it manually again? I don't know if I'm not saving my settings correctly or if I don't know how to retrieve them again, but it's a pain having to select my FOV again each time.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Changing seat position in cockpit won't save May 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing save progress mid race and after race. (Xbox series x) Mar 19, 2024
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    XBox One Discussions Saved game crash Xbox series s Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting AI Skill resetting to 100% when loading a saved game Feb 21, 2024
    Bug reports PS5 crashes when loading "Saved game" Feb 5, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting I can't load my saved game Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Save seated position in VR? Jul 13, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Nothing is saved (HUD, race result) Jul 3, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem-Mid session save Jun 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to resume saved game May 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can't set button for mid race save replay... May 7, 2023
    ACC Gameplay [1.9]After loading save, AI had broken axle Apr 23, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever I save a livery (in game editor) [AV interference] Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023

3. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

No need to save it more than once. Sounds weird..

4. So I adjust the FOV and seat position, then go over and click on Save, it saves, and then I hit B to go back to the race screen. Is that what you do? And when you leave the race and come back into it in another session, does it automatically use the settings you saved, or do you need to do something to recall them?

5. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

It is saved over sessions. No worries.

You may need to know FOV is a general setting across all cars. Seat position is car specific.
    If you change FOV it affects all cars, if you change seat position it affects only that car which you are driving at the moment.

6. But when I leave the game and go back in, neither is saved (for that car/race or any other)... it's back to default every time. This is in the old AC (not ACC), but if that's not the expected behaviour, is the next step to open a ticket with support?

7. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

whoops :oops:
    Regardless, saving should save it and not revert to default when starting game again.
    Maybe you have your setting files write protected or the account with which you start has not enough rights to change the settings file?

8. Curious... with it being on XBOX, I don't have direct file control (that I know of). It saves my progress correctly in the Career section, and when I go to Drive to do a practice session it remembers the last car and track I used - it's just the FOV adjustments that seem to be reset every time...

9. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Well... you didn't mention you're playing on a console, so I was assuming you're gaming on a Windows PC.
    I don't have a console, so ... sorry, I'm out.

10. Sorry - didn't state it since we're in the XBOX One Discussions board, so I figured that this was all XBOX-related.

Hammerpgh and Tom W like this.
  11. SKYWAY666

SKYWAY666 Rookie

Same here mate, AC on XBOX does not save my settings either. A royal pain in the butt - especially if you are as obsessed as me, it takes 2 or 3 races of me mostly staring at the alignment of the dash than concentrating on the action. It would help if all settings had numeric values so we could at least jot them down to replicate our chosen settings with consistency. Hopefully they fix it in ACC.
    Anyone got any methods that help?

12. Absolutely - seems like a baseline expectation.

Marco Favret likes this.
  13. blau

blau Rookie

Well.. ACC is here and you can't even set your FOV in consoles :)

Also, there's an option in Settings and you can change the FOV but only over 50º (Xbox). Is it the same for you? (in the "old" AC, I mean)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  14. In the old AC I could only get correct (42 degrees, for me) field of view by setting it individually for each car - the global setting didn't include that range so I didn't bother playing with it.

I guess they didn't like people complaining that FOV settings wouldn't save correctly, so to "fix" it they just removed them entirely.

"That's not a bug - it's a feature. It works just as expected (as long as you don't expect it to work at all)."

15. Tomas Tux

Tomas Tux Rookie

Is there a way to reset FOV settings on ACC for PC? My daughter messed up with my keyboard and something seems strange since she pressed everything and changed it.
    Thanks

16. vinnie650

vinnie650 Rookie

cant alter fov on xbox in the new build ..ive tried using the keyboard like it says on a lot of forums but i think the new acc build has blocked it so some off the cars are useless to use as its piss poor view

Marco Favret likes this.