1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Official Screenshots & Videos

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mibrandt, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Thing that looks odd about the dry line to me is that it's very consistent. You'd expect it to be much less distinct along a straight because cars don't tend to drive along the same line.

Having said that it could have been generated by letting the AI drive around for a few laps, which might explain the consistency.

I'm happy it appears they've got the Sun rising and setting in the correct position this time. Would've been incredibly disappointing if they f#%cked that up again.

2. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Agree...one of the first things i tested in PC2 demo parked a car on race line and had AI go around me...and dry racing line created where cars went...so i liked that..but it is must have :)

I wish soon they started showcasing some tech videos How it is made :D so they show us some timelapse etc.

PLebre likes this.
  3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Did they mess the sun position up in AC? It must be one of the most basic things to get right when recreating a circuit.
    And about the consistency of the line, it depends. If you switched to dry tyres you wouldn't want to drive anywhere off the dry line, but you're probably right about it just being a line set by AI (if it is actually dynamic).

I didn't even know PCars had that, but if they have it then it's even bigger of a must for AC. :D

D.Jankovic likes this.
  5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Exactly :D

6. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

Love the dry asphalt trajectory on the last shot, looks amazing :)

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  7. plaid

plaid Alien

I dissaprove the severe lack of chromatic abbaration. #sad #notmygame

8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

To everyone (including myself) with really high hopes on this game:
    [​IMG]

magzire, D.Jankovic and Radfahrer like this.
  9. euphoreon

euphoreon Rookie

I swear so many UE4 games slap that effect on when posting first screenshots. I almost puke.

Glad ACC has a bit more class.

10. Bill Wiskins

Bill Wiskins Hardcore Simmer

Ever since the thread (you?) posted about this a long long time ago, I've looked at the sun position in screenshots for anything 'sim' with a little suspicion. I don't know if there was ever a reason given for the weird sun in AC but I think I assumed it was down to some peculiarity of the single light source - so I'm going to groundlessly speculate that the new graphics engine means there will be no more sun silliness. You heard it here first!

11. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

There's no reason why single light source rendering should make the Sun position wrong. I'm assuming it was done with a bit of maths, and someone just screwed it up. For anyone curious, the thread is here. Reading it back makes me feel quite aggrieved that it was pointed out during early access and completely ignored.

As for ACC, I'm assuming UE4 has a built-in physical sun model. That should make it possible to vary time *and* date with correct lighting. Given that it's supposed to be faithfully replicating the Blancpain calendar, and races take place during dusk and throughout the night, I reckon this is fairly critical.

rycil likes this.
  12. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Regarding the recent screenshots...

[​IMG]

upload_2018-5-7_22-47-42.png

That's midsummer at Brands Hatch, which looks spot-on. Doesn't confirm the date can be changed, but I guess we'll find out in due course.

Freddie Seng, garyjpaterson and rycil like this.
  13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I know that for some people this may be a dealbreaker, and I'm not by any means saying that their wishes don't matter, but I don't think I'd care too much about the sun position changing according to the season.

14. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I'm not sure it's a 'dealbreaker' for anyone but it's not a difficult thing to get right, which is why it's quite annoying when it's done wrong.

The Spa 24hr is at the end of July, which means the sun should set at 20:30 and rise at 05:00. If KS were to set some arbitrary date (i.e a solstice, which is sort of what they did with AC) we'd get sunset at 19:00 and sunrise at 06:25. That's a significant difference in a 'simulation', the night being three hours longer. The Paul Ricard race is run through sunset and dusk, but it's six weeks before Spa and much further south, so the sun model needs to accommodate that.

Freddie Seng and rycil like this.
  15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

IMO if they get it in the same place it is when the race happens it's already fine, having the possibility to choose a season in game and the sun adjusting accordingly would be a bit unnecessary, I think.

16. Stains

Stains Simracer

How often are you going to run a full 24hr race in real time ?
    That 3hr difference won't make a bit of difference when scaled 24hrs into 1hr .
    Move on people and get a grip !
    This stupid argument sounds like the oldies here in Queensland scared their curtains will fade if we get daylight savings ,lol

Paratus likes this.
  17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I still think it would be cool that you could choose a month and day (excluding winter months, when tracks aren't used for GT3) for a Custom Event, and that would give correct sun trajectory and amount of daylight hours, and other weather probabilities like air temps, wind and rain, typical for that geographical location and that month. When AC will finally have a weather system, why not do it to perfection and put other sims to shame. Doesn't sound like the hardest detail to get right, compared to dynamic track and wet surface physics stuff etc..

pCars 2 has the "Random weather" option but it's very stupid, because it doesn't see difference with Barcelona or Silverstone weather. There is equal chance for snowing for example, even when race is in Summer. Rain is too common etc. and again same rain probability for any country. And other options in pCars 2 are sub-optimal too, you either select 4 weather slots (no element of surprise) or use real weather on location (which is nice, but in winter months doesn't make any sense)

Olivier Boissel and chksix like this.
  18. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

The detail is fantastic. Looking forward.
    Imagine driving a country or coste road with your favorite road car with graphics like that.

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Going to have to keep imagining it for a while me thinks, but all in good time

martcerv likes this.
  20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

More probably is that it will have a options to read the actual conditions, from a weather broadcast site. Something that CM already do within AC limitations. Also it can be seen at Flight Simulations vanila or weather dedicate plugin.