1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SE - Wet Superpole, Nurburgring, Huracan

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ricky Reject, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Right! I refuse to believe that I'm actually 4.5 seconds slower than current online leader in the rankings...

The Huracan feels soooo god daaaaym understeery in these conditions. I use the default wet setup cause I suck at car setups...I lowered the tyre pressure by 0.5 and lowered TC to 6/8, but all I can muster is a lap that puts me rank 431...

My biggest problem, as said, is that the Huracan in my hands just feels like an old dog that is being dragged along on a walk against its will. The more I force is, the more resistance I get from it.

What can I do to get it more friendly and oversteery?

Michael Schneider likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics wet tires overheating even when driving very slow (superpole event) Oct 11, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Track cuts on Wet tracks Aug 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Dry tires in wet conditions Jun 3, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI start wet races on dry tires then pit after 1st lap Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Physics Tyre pressure range for GT4 & wets? Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Physics Indianapolis - potentially wrong tyres in wet Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting AI on wet conditions Sep 20, 2022
    ACC Physics Wet Tyres not affected by dry track Sep 10, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AI doesn't start on wets Apr 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It's my impression or huracan is poor in tyre pressure on wet? Apr 20, 2022
    ACC Physics Wrong pressures for Alpine wet preset Apr 9, 2022
    ACC Gameplay [1.8.11] Starting on wet tires causes tire change to be unchecked by default in pit menu Mar 11, 2022
    Chit Chat Room URD AMR BOP and Wet Tires Feb 16, 2022
    ACC Physics BMW M4 GT4 Wet Preset Suzuka Dec 23, 2021

3. fabT

fabT Alien

Try in reverse.

:p

4. Ricky Reject

Right now Im feeling just about desperate enough to try it...

5. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Is it? last time ive driven the lambo was in 0.1 recently ive been driving it in 0.2.1 and that thing seems to be agile as hell for sure compared to the first launch. Would be nice to record a session of yours to see whats up or could improve

Did you try with slicks and getting a lap in before they get cold? you only get one shot tho and stay on the racing line the slicks wil cool down massivly if you touch damp road and your lap is ****ed

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  6. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

I did my run on slicks and I'm 4.1 seconds off the best time, i just used the default aggressive setup and pushed for both the outlap and flying to keep the tyres warm, didnt bother with the second lap since the tyres would be ice cold by then. Haven't tried the wets yet.

I just adjusted TC and ABS (I think 5 and 6) until I was happy with how the rear was behaving, letting the rear of the car slide on corner entry to help with rotation with light trail braking, then counter steering going to the apex and using the accelerator and TC to stabilize the rear on exit. Overall I can get the car to oversteer pretty easily, but its slow since the rear is having to wait for traction through the corner before putting any real power down. But its consistent and I can feel where I'm losing time, mostly in the first sector and the final chicane, and in corner exit speed for the whole track too.

The car does aquaplane going into turn 4 with that setup for me, though it could just be my line.

7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Not really helpful comment here, but it's highly interesting to see that the gaps to the alien guys widen like this in this Superpole event. This isn't your subjective experience, but true for the whole leaderboard distribution.
    I think while we are more than 2s away from the top times, going with wet tyres is much more efficient. Yes, I know at least one of the top times was set on slicks, but I guess the performance difference to wets is marginal and not easy to unlock.

For those who (seriously) tried both compounds, please let us know how it works out in the specifically comparison, including laptimes for lap1 (+ lap2 on wets).

8. Ricky Reject

Gave it a few shots again today using just wet weather tyres, but it's useless. Couldnt better my time that stands at a 2:02.718...I tried changing tyre pressure, adjusted rear wing downforce, changing brake force application and TC and ABS settings...

Maybe its me and not the setup...so wish I could drive the Bentley here though, cause the Lambo just ticks me off...

9. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

@Minolin Thats fair, I just figured since OP said they wanted a more oversteery car but didnt mention trying a run on dry tyres I'd offer my 2 cents.

@Ricky Reject can you record and upload a video of your attempts? if it is a matter of driving style itd be much rasier for others to help if we can look for mistakes. both amd and nvidia have methods of recording gameplay with minimal performance hits

10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

As for my times i tried dry and wet tires and

Dry tires get cold and cant really keep up pace with them in the end i managed to do 2.02 with dry tires and same time best with wet tires.

Wet tires start getting some heat so before fast lap i tend to run wet line to keep them optimal for a lap.

Not a pro so cant give any tips but i belive there is way more pace to find on track.

11. fabT

fabT Alien

Tried tonight for the very first time.
    After 4-5 runs i did 1:59.8 on slicks, about rank #27 now.
    Aggressive setup, with 5 TC 6 ABS and 62% brake bias.
    Not a clean lap since i slightly messed Schumacher S and last turn.
    Should be able to improve a bit.

It's entertaining and unforgiving :)
    Yet i prefer the longer stints.

12. Ricky Reject

Right, this lap is with the default Wet setup with TC set at 5 and ABS at 8. All I can muster is a 2:02.781 which is a few hundreds off my otherwise best lap.

Any pointers?

13. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

Do you have the video set as private? It's not loading for me

mms likes this.
  14. Ricky Reject

Damn it...took me 15 mins to figure how to set it to Public... :) Try now!

15. fabT

fabT Alien

You have a problem with steering, Ricky.
    Massive understeer.

Use less angle, be more gentle and progressive.
    This is crucial on wet especially at turn-in.

Try it, you'll see the difference.

Next step: be more gentle also on brakes, you may actually choose to brake sooner and modulate more.

16. Ricky Reject

I see the difference and have managed to cut down on the oversteer a little bit, but I can just about get close to my PB (2:02:218).

Gonna give it a few more tries over the course of the weekend, and if that's still a no go, maybe I'm just not cut out for sim racing and I'll find some space game to go play instead, heh.

17. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

So far wets 1:58.278 (of course rank skipped this lap) and slicks 1:58.404. Only tested couple of times with both. Slicks lap had bad last sector.

Hard to decide which tyres to go for best lap. Wets are much easier and predictable to drive. For a real qualifying I would take those. With unlimited restarts slicks are probably faster in one perfect lap.

18. Nesja

Nesja Racer

Which setup do you use for either?

19. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Both with basicly same setup. Little changes to the aggressive setup. Wets has less camber. Also pressures are in level where rear temps stay yelloish and fronts almost green.

20. Ricky Reject

Managed to cut about a second off my previous PB, to where I'm currently ranked #208 - a bit more acceptable, even if I'm still 3.5s or so off the front runners.

I took @fabT 's advice and watched my steering input angle a bit more. I also changed the setting using "Wet default" as the base:

Fuel: lowered to 15
    Front roll bar: 2
    Rear roll bar: 1
    TC: 6
    ABS: 8
    Rest: default

Car behaves much more like the way I want it and I'm able to better get it turned in as well as being aggressive on the exits without causing massive understeer.

21. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]
    Today wets threw an uppercut.

Ricky Reject likes this.