1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Serial Thriller's Video Booth - Featuring...Actual Video Editing

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Seria17hri11er, May 25, 2016.

1. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Hehe I know, I'm a biker. I just thought it'd make for a cool looking video. :p

Nick Moxley and Seria17hri11er like this.
  2. Gotcha. Thanks. No worries on time.

On Artificial Indulgence:

Holy smokes dude! I loved that. I pretty much loved every single effect you used along with the timing. Loved the different camera angles you used. Loved the real life audio from a crash you worked in. And loved the music. I love Fatboy Slim, I especially like Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars! That sort of video had to take a lot of time to create! Kudos!

[​IMG]

3. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  4. Threw this together quickly with some old footage. No in car shots, because I didn't record any at the time.

R35 Nippon Spirit Drift Quickie at Modena (with music)

Sleeper Service likes this.
  5. Your welcome. Yes, I hadn't seen that video by Carbon14 "JONZ" but I had seen another. His video editing skills are fantastic! On that video, the editing, camera angles and effects are awesome! The flow of the video feels spastic though. I feel like he tries to cover too much material (cars and tracks). And then he ends it with the SLS... I felt that was a strange way to end. Since he was covering AC cars and tracks, I felt it would have been more appropriate to end with a shot of multiple cars, or perhaps a last shot of one of the tracks from high altitude. Just my 2 cents on that. Fantastic job nonetheless.

6. Sleeper Service

I tend to agree with you there, the first Exposure video was better imho. To be fair both demonstrate some excellent editing skills.

Your drift video looks good (the music isn't to my taste, neither is drifting to be honest :oops:) but it goes together quite well. I take it the following camera is done using the F5 cam ? I haven't really messed with the cams yet - GPL was good as you could take either the roll bar cam or the pit lane cam and fly them around with mouse kb control. I usually find myself driving my car like a camera car after the inevitable T1 carnage. As daft as it sounds, I'll drive around behind someone else to get some good shots off the static cams rather than overtaking and hunting down the next victim :D

I'm installing a new ssd tomorrow to use for capture and then I'll probably be breaking the DOOM habit and doing some driving with the latest DLC to get some footage. I'm also mailing the author of the music I'm planning on using for permissions. Don't really see any probs there but I haven't chatted to Huey for a while ;)

7. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

No hard feelings but why do you think you deserve your 'own' video thread :)

8. Very strange question from you Boris. Anyone can open a thread. I just double checked and there are no prerequisites for opening a video thread. You can see several other people have opened their own video thread.

The reason I am not posting in the "Videos ac (ripped content = ban)" that was started by Digiprost in 2013, is because I really don't like a lot of the videos that get posted there. They are not enjoyable to me. The thread is not enjoyable to me. So I choose to not take part in that thread.

You think there is something else I should have done?

9. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Nah, i just think it's kinda funny if all of us started our own video threads :) I also don't like when my video gets lost in the "Videos" thread among the hundreds of fake YT thumbnail videos.. but i guess it's common sense to post it there, just like screenshots..

10. Well I think it's a lot better if people start their own threads. Then viewers can easily figure out who's videos they like, and who's they don't. They can easily follow threads of the person's videos they like.

11. Thanks for your compliments :) I very rarely drift. It's fun, but also frustrating. I am very confident I would enjoy the hell out of it IRL.

The camera shots that follow the car are with Stereo's Boxcam https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/box-cam-0-5-1-nov-17.26482/

Did you notice how the music changed during the slow motion part? I put in Audacity and applied a WahWah effect. Messing with audio I find very fun.

Driving the car like a camera car is a good idea. How cool would it be if we had a Russian Arm?

[​IMG]

There is no control to change Free camera altitude right? And the F5 cam, does it always point at the car?

12. daubster

daubster Alien

...\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg - camera_onboard_free, set SPHERICAL_COORDS to =0.

Now F5 works like russian arm - LMB to look around, WSAD to move, F and G rotation, Up Down arrows - elevation, Num + and - FOV.

Alexandr66 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  13. :eek::eek::eek:

[​IMG]

Thank you Daubster! I have never seen this anywhere! This is grand! Cheers! :D

daubster likes this.
  14. Sleeper Service

Yep, noticed that, subtle :)

I'll be using two versions of the same audio track when I get going, one live one studio, and hopefully mixing them so that it appears it's all the same sound track. Tried a little bit of capture at the weekend and messed around in Premiere Pro, just getting my eye back in and exploring a couple of transition effects. Once I get the required permissions I'll start by planning stuff out in Premiere. I used to load the audio track in and then set markers where I wanted transitions and stuff to be going on and then go away and start recording clips that will match the markers.

Tally Ho !! :D

15. daubster

daubster Alien

You're welcome, forgot to add that holding Shift allows precision movement and elevation.

16. Tally Ho indeed! :D Sounds like fun. You bought Premiere Pro? These video editing programs are so expensive... Blender is definitely respectable, but I bet Premiere, Vegas, Lightworks etc have significantly more features. Like filters; do they have filters? YT has a ton of filters to use. There are no preset filters in Blender.

That's exactly what I was thinking about doing. I started a playlist on YT and have been adding songs to make AC videos with. Got some really good ideas for some in the noggin. I know what I will do next, after I finish this flight sim video I am working on. :D

17. Sleeper Service

Yeah.. Thanks for the info on the camera @daubster, saves me hunting it down ;)

@Seria17hri11er I have a second hand copy of Premiere that I've had since I was doing the GPL movies. It was well worth it then and it's great to get some extra mileage out of it. Seems to run ok on my current pc but it hasn't been given a headache yet :D Plenty of filters and stuff to muck around with, just the video interpretation of Photoshop I guess. You'll have to link the flight sim vid when you've done, I'd like to see that. I really enjoyed the GPL movie days, doing something with the gorgeous visuals of AC seems like the thing to be doing with my spare time, a little bit of nostalgia therapy is always a good thing :)

Seria17hri11er and daubster like this.
  18. Nice. I'm about to subscribe to the Adobe bundle. I want to learn After Effects and Premiere.

Agree!

Finally got it done. Had a lot of trouble with Prepar3d. Shadowplay wouldn't behave; stuttering in videos. Had to buy Action. Then had issues with Blender adding a bunch of noise to the audio.

So I'm not using music, or much effects (just transitions).

[Prepar3d] Milviz F-100D - Chutes and Burners - Mt. Baker - FTX PNW, REX4TD

28 Minutes

Performing low level "NAP of the Earth" flying in the magnificent Milviz F-100D, in the North Cascade mountains of Washington, U.S. 50% cockpit footage and 50% external camera footage. Video completely edited.

These bookmarks are links in video description--you must click the YouTube button on the bottom right to open the video on YT to access:

Start
    Taxi @ 1:25
    Takeoff @ 3:40
    Low Level @ 5:46
    FO @ 20:46
    Descent @ 22:05
    Approach @ 23:20
    Landing @ 24:49
    Taxi and Shutdown @ 26:40

Add Ons:
    Milviz F-100D
    FTX Global, Vector, Pacific Northwest
    Rex Texture Direct
    Active Sky Next
    Realism Shader Pack
    EZCA
    FS Force

Head Movement: TrackIR (hardware)

19. Sleeper Service

Nice work @Seria17hri11er :)

Pity you couldn't get "Permission to buzz the tower", "Permission denied, the pattern is full" in at the end :D. The next video should be you and @Christopher Low dogfighting.... in Cessnas..... throwing water bombs at each other :D

One thing that really caught my attention was the perception of speed. Something I've commented on in one or two of the FOV threads where people talk about using the "correct" FOV making it feel like they are driving slowly. It's quite clear from that video that from the pilots viewpoint you do seem to be travelling slowly unless you are closer to the ground whereas the static cameras tend to show a more realistic sense of speed. It's all about how speed is relative to the view.

There's plenty of tutorial videos about using Premiere and After Effects out there. For me, in the GPL days, the main thing I learnt to use was the concept of key-framing. Simple enough once you have your head round it and allows the best control of effects/transitions over a number of frames. I've been doing a little more work on re-learning Premiere. Just using two or three clips to mix together and get back into exploring some of the transitions and filters that are available. With the recent furore in the forums over the modding section I'm still awaiting some confirmation from music copyright owners before I really dive in. YT is just as keen, if not more so, on copyright. My very first GPL movie got pulled as it used The End by The Doors running over the credits at the end of the movie.

Here's the last thing I made. I was quite chuffed about the music used as it just seemed to fit perfectly with the idea behind the movie. It was the release video for the Montjuic track in GPL that completed the '69 season. An incredible piece of work from the GPL community really only surpassed by the work the Targa team did. Anyway, might just make you think about choosing the music you want to use.

This video is the one responsible for me getting into video editing back in the day:-

It's a proper laugh.....