1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Set-up tips for the 911 GT3-R @ Nordschleife Endurance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, Dec 27, 2017.

1. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I've been scouring the Internet for data, and so far the only things I've come up with are the official Porsche Cup Car stat sheet (base tyre pressures given interestingly!), and a scad of fotos showing the types of rear wing settings for the car. From these, I've found that most 911 GT3-R's use a very high rear wing setting for the Nordschleife, but not maximum height (not set to max height and distance from the car nose)...this has led me to speculate if I should run less rear wing than the stock 20 max setting on the car.

But this aero setting business is just the beginning...I know from reading and watching literally hundreds of Nords race videos that teams seem to prefer a very soft damper set-up + more rear toe (to assist in turning?)...can anyone suggest real life set-ups for this car? Obviously, all set-up advice interests me, but especially that data which real teams might use to cope with the Nordschleife's speed, kerbs and bumps. :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Race set-up tips Nov 10, 2014
    Console Lounge Set-up change? Nov 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Car set-up sharing Jul 28, 2020
    ACC Physics Aston Martin Vantage GT3 SPA set-up thread May 30, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Set-ups from early access phase can't be loaded May 29, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Set-up steering wheel Mar 3, 2019
    ACC Physics Lambo GT3 suspension broken everytime set-up changed @ Hungaro Feb 27, 2019
    PlayStation 4 Discussions How to create the perfect set-up? Feb 16, 2017
    Bug reports Game blocked after Set-up and field doesn't start. Feb 14, 2017
    Console Lounge Set-up differences for same spec S1 and S2 cars (Elise, M3, Z4 etc) Dec 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Car Set-ups Mclaren 12c to 650s Jan 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Car set-up wisdoms Aug 11, 2015
    Chit Chat Room New ac set-up and driving guides Jul 14, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Server option for no custom car set-ups Mar 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Make sure you save your set-ups before you install update, i just lost all mine? Oct 15, 2014

3. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Kind of interesting the difference between what people would prefer in the game & what the real life team is using.

4. HelplessDeer

HelplessDeer Simracer

in AC you always want to minimize your aero, for the Porsche, the lowest safe setting you can go for is 0 front 15 rear. Anything lower than that will cause the car to become tailhappy, which isn't perfect in a car with all the weight over the rear.

Anything other than that is pretty much personal preference.

In AC the car isn't brilliant on the curbs, so that's probably what you want to improve most on.

ARB should be low-ish at the front and medium to stiff-ish at the rear to reduce medium and high speed understeer and to maximize turn in on low speeds (by having the rear swing around, as it will grip up under throttle due to it being a rear engined RWD car).

If you want to test some setups I made whilst racing in ACRLs GT3 series (none of them for the Nordschleife, but it might inspire you) : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vpcdc6yokucpl4y/AADbbpWk41-nHNtqQHkCFnNoa?dl=0

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  5. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I am fascinated by your comment regarding aero in AC...why minimize always? To maximize speed on the Nordschleife I assume? I do know that the track does not use as much brake as one might think...I watched a video early this year that mentioned that drivers are on the brakes less, Nords is not all that hard on the brakes apparently. I've found that the lowest I can go is 15, too, good to have that corroborated :)

Thank you for the ACRL tips!

6. HelplessDeer

HelplessDeer Simracer

I'm not 100% sure why it is in AC, but what league racing taught me is that in most sims, minimizing aero does not hurt your overall laptime, but increases your race-ability.

Basically what you're looking for is the lowest aero setting that keeps the car stable, so that you don't lose much cornering performance, whilst maintaining straightline performance.

Sadly, on top of the Porsches tire troubles in AC, that means it's not uncommon for you to have to run 5-20 wings to keep the damn thing stable.

Great car to drive, but a poor racecar, in AC atleast.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  7. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Now I understand! Yes, totally agree: the least wing possible until the car becomes unstable/inconsistent during laps.

From the fotos I've tried to amass from different circuits and series, I've noticed the Porsche runs a very high wing setting at a surprising number of tracks...seems the teams also are coping with the issue of rear grip and predictability. IMHO...Porsche pushed the RSR program simply to find more grip and stability in a field becoming increasingly dominated by mid-engine turbo-powered machines.

The anti-roll settings...genius!!!!