1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup advice needed

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Salad Fingers, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Did 1.55.5xx with the stable setup. Lowered fuel to 10 liters, added 1 rear downforce to 15 and lowered TC and ABS both to 4.
    But it's not the setup that makes you go fast, mainly it's your drivestyle. Also, drive in hotlap session.

2. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I found a run with a high 1:54

Although there's no steering input, but accelerator & brake are shown. Since it's only 1 track, I doubt the default setup is broken. Bomb diving with the brake is a driving style.

SwaggyShaggy and Salad Fingers like this.
  3. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Maybe there isn't much to be gained in terms of lap times, but the car feels much better for me. Default had too much TC for my liking.

4. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

So, bomb diving and trail breaking is the way to go for these cars? I'm used to not turn in while I'm on the breaks, will need to change my driving style.

5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Yes sure just letting people know the presets are not bad at all.

The guy in the video is actually off the brakes way early just disregard the attention seeker. Not sure how he is not banned yet.

chksix and mms like this.
  6. mms

mms Alien

lol, bomb diving must be the newest term in sim racing, can someone explain to me what it means?

chksix likes this.
  7. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

True, I just finished watching, he wasn't really dive bombing or even trail braking. Looked like a perfect lap tbh.

SwaggyShaggy and mms like this.
  8. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

From what I understand it refers to diving closer on the inside of a corner and breaking really late. Most of the time not an ideal line. But on this track sometimes you just don't need to go all the way on the outside before turning in, that's all.

rpm likes this.
  9. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

Am driving the exact same lines as this guy but I can't keep the car steady as he does and the 4 first corners for me is a mess. But at least am happy that I now know that am holding a good racing line or at least a good line for best lap time

Salad Fingers likes this.
  10. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Look at post #11

Read carefully the white board written by hand.

If you could record gameplay some may help, but if I do help... It would be a battle of contradiction... So good luck.

There's only 1 track & I'm doubting the team would put a broken setup on it. Just contradict everything you know & it should be fine.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  11. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Oh I never said it's a broken setup.. just not ideal. I finally managed to go into the 1:59 zone, still several seconds I need to shave off. I read that post btw. Still trying to get a grasp of this, but I realized I do a lot of trail breaking on most of the slow corners without even realizing.

12. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

What!? So the correct way to play ACC is to even brake deeper. WOW!

13. Mitch09

Mitch09 Gamer

Lots of ego tripping with lap times.....

Lap times are not the be-all. Aim for consistency work on your race craft before looking for pace.

SwaggyShaggy likes this.
  14. Mitch09

Mitch09 Gamer

To answer your question; what part of the corner are you struggling with?

Entry? Mid? Exit? And is it oversteer or understeer?

Need to let us know what the car is doing first!

15. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

“People think that practice makes perfect. But if you are practicing the wrong thing, you will be perfect at doing the wrong thing. Perfect practice makes perfect!”
    https://www.worldtimeattack.com/index.php/so-you-want-to-go-time-attack-racing/

Yeah, lap time is the be-all. Have you ever thought that maybe the dude who is #1 in the leaderboard may have only done 5 laps in total?

If you understand well how it's done, it's also easy to get good result.

16. Rudski

Rudski Alien

posting a video would make it easier

17. Mitch09

Mitch09 Gamer

Didnt say its not critical, but if you watch motorsport, they arent doing quali lap times are they? No. Therefore old mate doing 1:54, who cares.

Point is, in this Build 1, and people are comparing laptimes like its important. At this stage, its not! And quotes from time attack racing does nothing when there are 30 cars on a track wanting to win.

SwaggyShaggy likes this.
  18. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

Did 1.55.8 with completely default safe setup with everything untouched (60L and of course after 20 laps or so) and by lowering fuel to 10 and spending 1 minute in my setup rapidly reached 1.54.8
    If you are doing 2 minutes+ laptimes, you first have to improve your driving style, you should be able to do 1.57.X default setup.
    If you cant, you are missing basics, also take a look to the ACC rating tips, they are great when you dont realise you are overdriving sometimes

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    SwaggyShaggy likes this.
  19. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I found a high 1:53 with all inputs

The username although make me giggle...

SwaggyShaggy likes this.
  20. SwaggyShaggy

SwaggyShaggy Rookie

The song he choose for this video makes me giggle:D

cpcdem likes this.