1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup changes in multiplayer - visible to admin?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RS10, Nov 30, 2017.

1. RS10

RS10 Simracer

We race with the same few people every week but keep the (pickup) server opened - the welcome screen tells everyone to keep the standard setup (we do it to keep it fair between ourselves, we do quick races and don't have the time to fiddle with setups) and i just kick people who switch to different tyres (only thing visible to everyone) and yet i am convinced that most people who join are using setups given how fast they are despite some atrocious and poor driving (**** racing line, lockups etc)

I know that i could just fix the setup but since the game does not have a lobby system (on PC, consoles eventually got it) one of us spontaneously picks car&track, i put it into the server manager and we start (this takes ~30 seconds) ... forcing a standard setup on every car on the other hand takes a ****load of time (shame there's no 'one click' solution for it like with the tyres - the procedure with searching for the setup and then applying it to 20+ cars is just tedious)

so here's my two questions:

Is there some way for a server admin to know whether someone dropped out fuel or did any other changes to the car?

Is the setup data being transferred to the server and would there be a way to read that data?

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong section

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Camber changes in .json file when setup is saved Apr 19, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Setup changes between sessions Aug 20, 2020
    ACC Physics Setup changes randomly while saving Jul 30, 2020
    ACC Physics Quali/Hot Lap setup changes vs Race Apr 25, 2020
    ACC Physics Wet tyres changes setup parameters? Apr 16, 2020
    ACC Physics setup changes mid race Jan 6, 2020
    ACC Physics Pit stops and Setup changes - affect? Nov 21, 2019
    ACC Gameplay No setup changes during hotlap session since 0.4.2 Dec 24, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Using controller and navigating in the pit/setup screen when you press X/A the car changes gears Nov 17, 2018
    ACC User Interface setup changes not being applied. Oct 11, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Minor setup changes with major results Aug 2, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues AWD2 drivetrain system ignores setup screen rear diff changes Apr 10, 2017
    Suggestions Add markers for setup-changes Jan 16, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ferrari 488 GT3 at Mugello: any "no brainer" setup changes from default? Jul 23, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Car setup changes from track to track? Mar 30, 2016

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

No and no.

Separate apps can report when someone changes fuel, but that's only client-side, and then everybody might not be running the app.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If its an open server most wont read the welcome screen anyway, best solution is to just spend the extra few minutes to force setups. Id think this is a better option then just kicking people for changing tyres if you want a fixed setup server but dont want to make it fixed setups. ;)

Schnipp likes this.
  5. Rudski

Rudski Alien

And some were convinced the world was flat
    No setup is going to make someone a magical driver that's just nonsense. If they can't hit the race line and are all over the place then how on earth could they be going faster? It's all in your head....

Schnipp and martcerv like this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In any fixed setup servers Ive been in it hasnt changed the regular finishing order or even the gaps between people. In a league I used to be in that Wally ran we did some random un announced cpmbos with fixed setups, meaning people had no practice time or setup adjustments. Amazingly it made no end difference to the regular order when setups are open and practice for the weeks race is available.

Not sure what cars the OP is running but obviously if you want to run proper race cars setups are a big thing. Its kind of the main point of a race car to be able to tune it to suit track and driver as well as possible. If you dont want highly adjustable cars then either fix the setup or pick other cars.

If you pick a more basic car or roadcar with very limited setup options then you dont even have to worry about setup changes as they barely do anything. Get tyres in the window maximize camber and run minimal fuel is about all you can do and its not really hard to figure this out.

Anyone that cant take the time to learn such basics wont even be able to learn how best to adjust technique or line to get the most from any car especially when you cant do much setup wise.

I have yet to see anyone run properly competitive pace with poor lines and technique no matter the combo or if it has adjustable setups.

7. RS10

RS10 Simracer

ok ok "atrocious and poor" was a bit harsh ... let's go with "not optimal" - as in: they go off on the first lap and then gain 1/s lap only to crash into someone on lap 8 because they have no racecraft ... and i'm not saying that the usual guys have perfect lines or that the others join and win all the races (they rarely do)

on road cars a simple setup can give you a few seconds per lap (what martcerv wrote ... camber, tyre pressure and low fuel ... on some gt3 cars even small changes can make them easier to drive and on cars which start with fuel for 30 laps taking out 2/3 does make a difference... add 100% stability and you can be reasonably fast even if you have a poor-ish line

the main issue is that some of us just refuse to change anything on the car, that's why we decided to keep it all standard - i know that it's just a few clicks and would make the racing better but...yea

anyways ... if it's not possible to see what others are doing i'll either close the server or spend 3 minutes between races to click my way through the entry list ... unless kunos would add a one click solution like this :^)
    upload_2017-11-30_12-23-34.png

(i still don't understand what 'default' does)

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I agree a one click solution would be good, I havent tested what that default button does either. Its a little tedious to manually add default setups to cars but I think trying to kick people and expecting them to all read a welcome message is going to take more effort then this.

Regarding stability control you can disable this for the server I have never ran a server allowing it. Its a fake aid and if your worried about setups being equal then disabling SC and makings aids factory will be a good move too.

9. Broekie

Broekie Gamer

As far I understand it, the default box is for the standard Kunos setup for the car.

10. RS10

RS10 Simracer

We have some guys who only use 360 controllers and they say they need a few percent of the SC, although i do turn it off when we use cars where is makes a big difference, i think that it even dulls down most modern cars so it's not a big deal

Ok i know what default does and it's not the standard kunos setup ... one can add various setups and one of those can be marked as the default, so when no setup is picked in the drop down it will put the picked default in there once you save the server config.