1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Simsource: Setup Comparison Tool, Leaderboards, Server Results Viewer & Stats Tracker

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Tom Shane, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Tyre pressure values displayed in-game in setup menu are not static and depend on weather conditions. Values displayed in the comparison tool represent values displayed in game with Clear weather preset at 12:00 noon.

Coanda likes this.
  2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks for the info Tom. The dynamic tyre pressures in ACC seem buged then because if I put a custom high temperature of the 35 degrees the tyre pressures are high (28+ psi) and when I load my setup and I put a temperature of 10 degrees the tyre pressures are low (26+ psi). I would expect this to be the opposite.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Tom I believe your Wheel Rate label should be N/m and not N/mm. Some of the cars are wrong in ACC.

Tom Shane likes this.
  4. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Good catch, @Coanda, I also think so. Next version will have this fixed. Thanks.

cestcomi and Coanda like this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

The 488, BMW, McLaren & both Nissan's are wrong in ACC.

6. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

I have just updated the application to support latest ACC patch (1.1) and 2019 season.

The Setup Comparison tool should recognize new cars. Also some 2018 cars (Ferrari, Bentley) have been updated to newest specifications.

I have updated lookup tables for Result Viewer, but I still don't know if the ACC server output format changed in any way, so if you happen to have a session that is failing to upload, please let me know here with the attached files causing the problems.

Thank you!

Nada, Zinny, cestcomi and 1 other person like this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Legend! I love this tool. I use it a lot.. :cool:

Tom Shane likes this.
  8. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

@Tom Shane

Hi,

Thank you for this fast update ! :)
    I'll try the results in the next days and let you know if I have problems.
    ;-)

Tom Shane likes this.
  9. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

I have one thing to discuss, guys.

With the new season released, the tracks are now differentiated by the year. It means, if you race, for instance, at 2018 Silverstone, the application keeps displaying the track name as "Silverstone", but for the new season, it is now "Silverstone 2019". Do you want me to keep this style or would you rather want me to cut the year, so the name will always be just "Silverstone" for both versions of the track?

10. steevee

steevee Racer

As both tracks have different grip levels etc, I'd like a way of knowing 2018 or 2019.... :)

Tom Shane likes this.
  11. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

Tom Shane likes this.
  12. ZEF 2

ZEF 2 Rookie

Hello tom,

Excellent, very very very nice work.

I was going to try to develop the same thing on Excel and I came across your post ... wonderful.

As a development topic, I think it should be possible to calculate the tire pressure adjustment from an existing setup and a reference runway temperature.

Thank you for your work, I share it with my community

13. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

site down....?

14. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Well, I'm currently using a cheap hosting on Azure and sometimes it happens the application is not available. It could be an Azure maintenance on low tiers. It usually takes few hours. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it, other than buying a higher tiers, which I plan to do, if the site proves to be useful to more people.

Update: Alright, the site is up again. Sorry for inconveniences.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    cestcomi likes this.
  15. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

ah ok...no porblem m8.

what du you think about a share button with html for the raceweekends? for forum etc?

16. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

I don't plan anything like it. Currently the whole application is dynamically rendered on the client side, so for something like that I would have to create special version of the result page, something that could be comfortably placed into an iframe.

17. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Hi there,

I have uploaded new version.

This release is rather experimental, because I have removed some workarounds I was using to compensate for some inconsistencies in ACC result files. When I started with the Result Viewer these workarounds were able to correct most of the problems in the files - mainly in timing. Recently, supposedly because of ACC server changes, I was getting reports these workarounds sometimes no longer work and conversely can skew the results.

One thing you immediately notice is the first lap time of the session for each car can be much slower than you would expect. It's because it seems the server reports these laps including the time driver sits in the pits. There is nothing I can do about it, I just use what I'm given. This can impact other values (calculated by me) like gaps and laps led.

I would like to ask you to keep an eye on your uploads and if you spot something wrong, report it here.

Thank you.

kingkabong and cestcomi like this.
  18. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Alright, I was watching uploaded results for a while and the problem is still there. Because the game reports the first lap of the race incorrectly, gaps calculated by me are not correct. I'm afraid until Kunos does something about it, there is no workaround I could use that would work 100% of the time.

cestcomi likes this.
  19. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

You have already done a great job which is very useful to us. But no one can achieve the impossible. We will see with the next update ...

Tom Shane likes this.
  20. Zinny

Zinny Gamer

Thanks Tom pretty cool tool