1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Skaven Zverov, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

They had to,... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  2. [QUOTE = "sps_for_race, post: 1178650, member: 159904"] Non mi piacciono quelle guide create dalla community ...

Leggi due pagine, ottieni 2 valori diversi:

ACC - Guida all'installazione per principianti - Trinacria Simracing (wordpress.com)
    [ATTACH = full] 147936 [/ ATTACH]

ACC - Crea un setup pioggia sicuro e guidabile, passo dopo passo - Trinacria Simracing (wordpress.com)
    [ATTACH = full] 147937 [/ ATTACH]

Non sono menzionate premesse diverse tra GT3 e GT3, il titolo è ACC - Beginner Setup Guide, non ACC GT3 Setup Guide, ma l'obiettivo PSI non è lo stesso. [/ QUOTE]

Hahahaha yours look like the comments of a university professor correcting a thesis.
    If you had read the text of the web pages carefully, they are not my considerations but information taken from a document by Adam Isailovic (aka Skaven Zverov) and a video of Aris that I collected hoping to do something that everyone likes (They could be subjective evaluations or Aris in some of his videos, he could have given different pressure ranges. I wouldn't make this a vital issue, they are just indicative pressure ranges). So, if you want to know more, ask them for explanations.
    My collection of information does not claim to be the setup bible. Anyway, if you don't like the night I'll sleep anyway.

NB: Among other things, as you can see, pankykapus responded by providing you with an even different pressure range from that of Aris and of Adam Isailovic.

Skaven Zverov and LATE4APEX like this.
  3. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please note that I deliberately quoted a wider range covering both values from the two sources because ultimately decimal-correct pressures are not always the deciding factor in these conditions, that was my main point.

The answer is "it depends". You can have a perfectly fine stint with 31-ish psi and green tyres and an utterly slow one with 30.00000 psi while red and overheating. In the wet or on a changing track your net stint pace will hardly be affected by being 0.5-1.0psi off, it's a lot more about managing temps, not overdriving, cooling the tyres and not spinning or crashing. Whether it's 29 to 30 or 30 to 31 is missing the point.
    Yes, if all other properties are in optimum range, then 30 is better than 28.5 or 31, but it's not the primary factor.

4. Thanks, I understood the meaning of your answer. I just wanted to joke a little to drive people who are too controversial crazy

LATE4APEX and pankykapus like this.
  5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

I wasn´t looking for rain preassures in this thread, but saw your last post where you wrote, you have

but with 2 different values, I just wanted to tell you, to check your data.
    I´m not depending on this Setup Guide for Beginners and there ist no need to attack me personally!
    Just tried to make your guide better, no need to defend yourself.

Unf and #Race@Home like this.
  6. #Race@Home

#Race@Home Gamer

"Oh thank you, I´ve overseen this, will change it in my guide and include the preassures for GT4 as well, thanks again for your help", could have been your reaction as well.....

sps_for_race likes this.
  7. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Ok, now try to find optimum pressure for iRacing GT3's... i never found.

LATE4APEX and AndyK70 like this.
  8. I have already explained to you that what is written in the guide is not my data. Instead, it is a collection of information taken from people more authoritative than me in terms of setup. Is it so hard to understand? Do I have to explain it to you in other words? Why do you think my answer is a personal attack?

9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

#Race@Home likes this.
  10. hahahah
    sps_for_race despises the work of others by saying "I don't like those community created guides ..." and should I thank him? I only thank those who use good manners.

11. #Race@Home

#Race@Home Gamer

You have confusing numbers in your guide, but make jokes about others who want´s to help ?
    Who is the one without good manners?

AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  12. Should I also explain to you that what is written in the guide is not my data? Instead, it is a collection of information drawn by people more authoritative than me in terms of setup. Is it so hard to understand?

Those who don't know good manners are those who despise the work of others.

13. #Race@Home

#Race@Home Gamer

Fix it with correct numbers you´ve got lately from pankykapus and add GT4 preassures, or leave your guide like what it is and keep on moaning in this thread.
    I don´t care.

sps_for_race likes this.
  14. I do not take instructions from you and I simply gave explanations on the origin of the data contained in the guide, without complaining even though there are people who do not know good manners. Imagine what it matters to me what you write.

15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@alexgeotech09
    Imho: If you gather information from others and present it to an audience as one (doing a collection) you should be assuring the data you are presenting is correct. When made aware of uncertainties or worse, e.g. errors, you should correct them or not do such presentations at all.
    I'm assuming your intention was to help users by doing that collection. Without correcting your work/collection you are missing that point. That's it.
    If you want to help, great! Go make that data correct, after all you got additional information from a dev himself, so add this information as well and add a note/link to those "old" values about that enhanced information you got.
    If you don't want to help but just wanted to have some fame, go delete it and don't waste users time.

You're welcome. :)

16. In fact, I believe that all the data I had submitted was correct and I have published it. The confirmation that they were correct was given by pankykapus, which provided in a wider pressure range, which includes those I wrote.

I don't know what kind of studies you have done, I have a scientific university education; when a search is made in this context, the results found are presented, sometimes slightly different from each other, and the authors are cited, without altering what they have written. The only way to make changes is to carry out experimental tests. This last road is not viable because the original boundary conditions are not known.

In any case, as specified by pankykapus, the controversy was futilely triggered for marginal and irrelevant issues in practice.

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

It wasn´t even about, if the numbers are correct or not.
    The point was, you´ve written on two pages two different preassure windows for the exact same usecase, wich is confusing, this is what I pointed out.
    Not if it is 27.3 or 27.5 or whatever.

Not too many options left, if you don´t take instuction from #Race@Home,...
    Can´t leave it and can´t fix it, what will you do?

18. #Race@Home

#Race@Home Gamer

+
    There is no difference made between GT3 and GT4 cars.
    There is nowhere written, those numbers are only valid for GT3 cars.

19. If only GT3 cars are listed in the guide, it is clear what the purpose of the guide is. I don't think people lack intuition. You're the only one who pointed out such a thing to me.

20. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

What a stubborn refusal, instead of adding a line with GT4 tire preassures, and aligning both pages, to one or the other.
    This is a ridiculous discussion, I´m out.
    You have won.