1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Skaven Zverov, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Glad if it helped :D It would be nice, but, it is what it is, there is plenty of guides, probably even more in-depth, than this one, online :)

2. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Glad it helped mate, go nuts :D

3. jörgen wahlby likes this.
  4. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Is there a specific section for car setups? Trying to get decent ones for the Lambo Evo 2 in 1.9.

5. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

No-one can help?

6. bensdale

bensdale Rookie

7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

8. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Thank you!

9. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I am not able to get a decent curve at Valencia in the Motec Suspension Histogram with the M4GT3. Even with extreme settings for fast and slow dampers it still doesn't move much more to the outside. Anybody else struggeling with that? upload_2023-5-10_12-47-4.png

10. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

11. Olduvai

Olduvai Rookie

Ok guys, i need help. I spent almost 2 whole weeks trying to setup the Audi for Imola, but despite all the permutations i did, the car simply doesn't want to grip there and even on softest suspension, it still bounces all over the place. Tried every possible combination and extreme there is in the game and still no clue to what is wrong. Took the old Lambo since it's basically a more understeery version of the R8 and managed to set it up quite nice. Before the update had a nice setup which allowed me to have a race pace of 1:40.7 +/- 0.3 secs. Now even in hotlap mode i can't get below 1:42:0 with a one off lap of 1:41:867. With every other car i tried, after about an hour of tweaking i drop to the 1:40s, but with the Audi it's simply impossible. Made a perfect bell curve for the dampers on all 4 wheels in MoTec and it rides basically the same as the default aggressive setup. If i set it to ride the curbs ok, it understeers like mad, followed by a snap of sudden oversteer on smooth asphalt, with max 5 wing. If i fix that, then it refuses to ride any sort of curbs and starts sliding and bouncing the moment it touches them. And because i think i'm starting to loose my mind and doubt the very fabric of reality and nature itself, can someone please test the setup i came up with and give a feedback on what you think might be the problem. This is the best i managed to get the car to. Also here is a video of the said "best" lap.

If you wonder why i stay away from some curbs, it's because the car tries to kill me the very moment i touch them.

P.S
    Want to add that this isn't simply an effect of the physics change. Yes at first it was a question of getting used to the new physics, but now pretty much on every track my time is half second to 1.5 seconds better than my previous personal best. Except Imola of course. Used to be my favorite track to race with the Audi, now i haven't joined a single lobby after the first time i saw how bad it was there after the update.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  12. iVG

iVG Alien

Can you show your suspension and damper settings? Quite sure you can attack much more aggressively...

13. Olduvai

Olduvai Rookie

upload_2023-5-11_18-25-19.png

upload_2023-5-11_18-25-36.png

Tried every combination you can think of. Went by MoTec data, finally just simply went by feel so it actually sorta stays on the track.

14. Olduvai

Olduvai Rookie

Rear doesn't look that bad, but front i think you need to stiffen the front ARB by 1 click and also probably the front wheel rate also by one click. What's your bump stop setting?

15. Olduvai

Olduvai Rookie

Here is a potential low 1:27 setup for zolder for the Audi.

Attached Files:

16. Olduvai

Olduvai Rookie

Ok, i gave up on Imola with the audi and simply use the 720 Evo there. But now i try to drop the R8 to mid 1.46 at Monza and the only thing that stands between me and this time is Ascari. No matter what setting i try the car always bounces off like mad after taking the curb on the exit. Going around it costs me pretty much 0.5 seconds and the best time i got with the R8 is 1.47.147. Every other car in the game basically threats it like a flat corner, but the Audi jumps sometimes even into the wall. Here is an ultra slow clip of what is going on. Can anyone please give any suggestions on how to fix this ?