1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup help - F458 GT2 - Monza.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by slopps, Jun 15, 2016.

1. slopps

slopps Simracer

Ok - i am determined to learn setup properly once and for all. I was hoping someone could help.
    I race regularly on a server with these track conditions
    [​IMG]
    My laptimes are generally mid 1.49's, my best being a 1.49.2.
    Some people on the server can do 1.48's.
    I've attached my setup,

can anyone better it? are there some weird 'hack' things with the F458 GT2 i should know about?
    its a pretty solid stable setup and easy to drive with during the usual 8 lap race on the server, but i just wonder if it can be improved.
    i don't use any aids.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New To ACC and the setup on PS5 Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Setup Synchronizer May 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions All settings and setups vanished May 23, 2023
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Generic car setups Feb 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions when are we getting the next Update ? Setups still broken Jan 13, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SETUP BUNDLE | ALL Tracks | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Jan 11, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Avis/conseils pour upgrader mon setup VR Dec 27, 2022
    XBox One Discussions Restore AC restore car default setup Dec 16, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Which setup does the AI use in ACC? Is it the default setup or a different one? Nov 24, 2022

3. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

be sure to upshift when the lights start flashing, about 7000 rpm i think.

Seria17hri11er, PhenOm and Tberg like this.
  4. slopps

slopps Simracer

i know lol i made a thread about it questioning it and got put in my place.
    i just wish i could get the car to launch over the kerbs properly to straightline the chicanes....but i duno whether its possible or not.

firstly i guess i want to know if anyone here can better my time under those track conditions...and then post their setup.

5. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Your tyre pressures look way too low, they should be 27-29psi (different for each tyre) to maintain proper hot pressure of around 35 psi. Here's the setup I once used in a race with the same environment conditions and I made three sub-48 laptimes in that race.
    With supersofts and just a few liters of gas, low 47 should be possible.

Attached Files:

slopps likes this.
  6. iVG

iVG Alien

Wrong.

7. slopps

slopps Simracer

Incredible - i just stuck your setup on, first 4 laps in the server immediately low 49's and just going quicker. None of the tyres overheat into red. My race pace used to be mid 1.50's/high 1.51's. You've just given me 1.5 seconds from your setup alone.
    Car is a different animal to drive compared to my setup, so much more stable, and i can attack the chicanes a lot more.
    this is why i never bothered learning setup, i'd usually find quick ones and use them....

8. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Cool, I'm glad it helped you. I'm actually in the same boat regarding setups. I started a year and a half ago with one of the setups that I found online and that was working the best for me and then made a few small changes to it to fit me even better. I then had to make changes after each of those multiple physics updates to keep it balanced, so right now there's a little left of the original, probably only dampers settings because that's a total black magic to me:oops:.

Oh, and there was a guy roughly a second slower (and definitely much faster than the rest of the pack) who asked me to share my setup last night on a Monza server. Was that you by any chance?

9. slopps

slopps Simracer

HAHAHAHAHA YES IT WAS! LOOOL.
    Now i recognise the name. Lol well, you can ignore me then :p
    You're clearly an alien so if i'm just about within a second off you i'm happy with that!
    now i need to work out setup for all the other tracks some how.

10. iVG

iVG Alien

Challenge accepted , @demetri :)

11. slopps

slopps Simracer

come join the server dude....

[​IMG]

12. slopps

slopps Simracer

13. Damn, that blows. Try Amazon. I bought it on Amazon.

14. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I'm no alien. Real aliens I had some experience to race with are a whole second faster than me and they also can drive very fast if you put them in any car. You can watch some of them and check top qualification laptimes there: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCBs4j71cvCRLZvv85FcKkzX25WWf1NQk. I'd probably be somewhere in the middle, closer to the back if I ran with those guys.
    The way I get my pace has been so far to stick to the same car and drive a lot of laps in it on a particular track trying to find the perfect line and the limits of the grip. If you put me into C7R or worse in M3 I'm gonna be several seconds slower and if you put me on a track I'm not very familiar with it's gonna be even worse
    There're also Spa and Imola setups I posted on thesetupmarket.com, you can try those. Imola setup also worked for Mugello but you would probably want to change tyres to mediums and fiddle with psi a bit as that track heats and eats the tyres much more.

f1webberfan likes this.
  15. iVG

iVG Alien

Will do will do. You still racing?