1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup section (PS4)

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by iwanchek, Aug 28, 2016.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Ladies is and gents, let's talk about the car setup here. Since the game is new for consoles we can share here setups for helping the community be faster. I don't know if the consoles have the same effect of the tune, if the same tune have the same effect on both platforms but for now well stay on PS4 version. If someone can confirm that the same setup work for booth platforms I'll update the thread to "booth platforms"!

Discussion is warmly welcomed as well.

Pick your car/track/event or just general like Mclaren 12C GT3/Nordschleife, X:XXX.XXX time/set up!

If you post a setup and you modify it, just edit your first setup B'coz we'll loose sight of.

Happy tuning

Pedal to the metal

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Setup sections Jun 30, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Formula One addicts & setup section Dec 11, 2016
    Suggestions New 'Notes' Section in Pits/Setup area Aug 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Setups section Jan 27, 2016
    Suggestions Extra forum section for setups? Jul 25, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Option to delete car setup in car setup section is needed Nov 5, 2014
    Suggestions Car setups forum section Apr 8, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New To ACC and the setup on PS5 Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Setup Synchronizer May 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions All settings and setups vanished May 23, 2023
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Hugo Catarino likes this.
  4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

"See details"?
    Where's that option?

Pedal to the metal

fabriziocorsini likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

TitzonToast and onepueblo like this.
  6. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Thnx bro. But it will be awesome
    As well if we"newcomers"from console dig deeper s bit to eve lope our own setup and not just "copy"other. :)

Pedal to the metal

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah :) Here is another forum where you can discuss setups too:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-setups.116/

would be nice with a part here on the forum dedicated to setups. :)

Pedal to the metal *wroom wroom*

8. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Th why I'll try to do that m8! It would be nice to have consoles here where it belongs if I can say it so. Hope it will work :)

Pedal to the metal

9. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

Thanks for the help Kofotsjanne! I'll check this out and see if they compare/work on console.

10. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

I tried a few of the setups listed on site (under the see details tab) and many of the numbers (especially in the suspension and dampers) do not match the choices available on the PS4 version. I wonder if there might be a conversion table that could help....

Spacepadrille and Matt White like this.
  11. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I don't know if those setups are for PS4 or for PC and idk of PC version is the"same"as PS4/XB1!

Pedal to the metal

DrVegas likes this.
  12. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

Thanks for the response iwanchek! So does the site (The Setup Market) plan to possibly add Console or PS4 to the "Sim Version"? I was hopeful that the PC settings would be identical but it doesn't appear so.

13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I would reply sooner but my notifications didn't showed my your post.

I don know as well if the from
    Site setup working on ps4 as well but it can be used as solid platform though to use it as reference for ps4 bro.

Pedal to the metal

14. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

Does anyone have both the PC version and PS4 console version that can explain what the differences may be?

15. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I know for sure that on PC the tuning is more adjustable as I was given a tune froma PC player recently and we both realised that I could not set certain suspension settings to the same extremities as PC. I can't understand this other than the cars have different physics or more likely more indepth physics as I have read someone who played both on a wheel say the physics feel dumbed down on PS4.

DrVegas likes this.
  16. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

Thanks Godzilla - I too tried to use a tune/setup from a PC player and couldn't make sense of it as related to most of the suspension settings...

17. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

If the PS4 version is dumped down so the setups should be not "aggressive"as on the PC version, I mean if it's on the PC version ride him get like 50 then on PS4 should be ether on 40 or around 60! Or am I wrong or are the Physics on PS4 version totally different.

Pedal to the metal

18. Hey :)
    I created a setup for the McLaren 650S GT3 @ Spa.
    Basic setup was quite twitchy in fast corners and you couldn't really trust the car.
    Now it's quite stable and you can take all the fast corners full throttle (Eau Rouge, Blanchimount, Stavelot..). It also behaves really nice on the brake. Maybe still a bit nervous while turning in. I while work on this later on. :)

With clean laps you should get into 2:17's. My driving wasn't too perfect in that lap.

19. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

Thanks Sandwich Toaster! I'll give it a try and let you know what I think.

20. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Nice one m8!! Very stable and very "safe"to drive on the limit! I'll try it latter and will give a feedback and final time.

Pedal to the metal

21. Hey :) Thanks.
    I will do some fine-tuning tomorrow I think.

After hard braking points the car sometimes behave a bit dodgy. For example after the long straight, after Eau-Rouge. Or in the fast left corner in the mid-sector. I think it could be possible to sort this out too with a littler more work. But overall i'm quite happy about it too.

Maybe it's faster to go with less rear-wing. Maybe 3 rather than 5. But 5 seems definitely a better option for a race.

Edit: Does anyone know how to set the "tire-pressure"? ("pressure"? - Don't know how the exact english notation is)

I have no clue if i'm in the right window as there aren't any temperatures to read out?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016