1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup section (PS4)

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by iwanchek, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Yeah been working on the SLS AMG GT3 in two games (PBugs & AC) at once the last week or so. Of course part of the problem is it's just got more straight-line speed than the Z4 & others!

2. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Great drive, only you run out of 6th gear way before the top of the hill & you never reach the top speed you could. Why not change the gearing? On your setup screen it says "ANTRIEB" and underneath that "Uebersetzung letzter Gang". (That's "DRIVETRAIN" and "Final ratio" on English language versions.)

-Rick

Skemekos123 likes this.
  3. Yeah, you can change the gearing of the 6th gear. I tested it once, but when i choose a longer gearing i didn't reach the 267 km/h (165,9 miles/p/h :D) from the video anymore. (with rear wing 5) So it was pretty obvious for me that the shorter gearing was faster even when you reach the limiter pretty early. It's just a little problem with the homologation of the gearing. The one gearbox-option is too short while the other option is too long. I will try again later. :)

Skemekos123 likes this.
  4. So here's the setup for Silverstone. Just did a little tweaks to the Spa Setup. The Gearing fits perfect for this track. The Car feels amazing. Really stable and fast.
    Silverstone is a pleasure to drive at AC :) Especially the mid-sector is massive fun to drive.

Lap was good, but not perfect though. Should be possible to scratch the 2 Minute-Mark when you get all three sectors together at an optimum.

Skemekos123 and Graveltrap like this.
  5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Silverstone GP has been killing me in the Special events with the 3 GT3 cars on offer. That's a nice lap, I shall be trying your settings out :)

I'm close to gold with the Audi but so far no cigar :(

6. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Yeah, maybe an extra long 1st, half of which you only ever use to dig yourself out of gravel, so you could get the others closer for better acceleration and still get the 6th long enough. When I watch your video it's painful to hear that characteristic sound when the car wants to go faster but the gear won't let it.:(

7. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

Probably slow but it was a good lap for me.

C7R
    Nurburgring GP (GT)
    1:56:381

Brake bias 66
    Aero 1/4
    Diff 10/30
    Tire Soft
    Rear tire pressure 23
    Camber 3.1/2.7
    Height 23/50
    Springs 110/110

Anything not listed is default.

Definitely has 55's or better in it as I wasn't on supersofts and was running 30l fuel.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    SpaceBreed and DrVegas like this.
  8. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

Sigurd,
    I like how you listed the setup (changes made only). It makes it easier to see what you adjusted. Thanks - I'll try this out and let you know what I think.

9. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

Let me know if you feel the setup works well. Mainly changing the diff settings is what helped me. I know everyone likes a little bit different setup though.

10. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Nice to see that were doing something here. Me on other hand unfortunately don't have much time during the week to tune the car by myself bcoz I'm somehow in the career that I forget to drive your tunes and if possible improve it and so forth. But seeing the footage you do gr8.

Even tho I've to still study this new AC mechanism and how it works. pCars was simple for a fast car around the tracks.

Pedal to the metal

11. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

the physics are not dumbed down,,thats the word going around?

12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Tried this one in almost two hour session on Spa, did 18.6xx!

Car is twitchy, good under braking but unstable exiting an corner, berry predictable if you slide. It's hard for me find the right turning angle, sometims I turn shallow sometimes hard and it wound do what I expect.

But it has big amount of grip. I've to work on my lines and approaching the corner. After the long straight the right/left combo, hard braking and exiting the first release get handed car understeers heavily (TC OFF), and on exit as well. Sometimes when I breake and shift down car won't shift then understeers! Very annoying though but with practice I think on first low 18 is a challenge.

Pedal to the metal

13. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

generic set up for drift - BMW M3 E30 drift - set up was created to be run with no stability control and t300 realistic rotation

DrVegas and iwanchek like this.
  14. Keisuke

Keisuke Gamer

Interesting, I tried to get the nismo gtr gt3 to go flat out once, but no matter what, the car would start to lift towards radillion, very strange but I will have another go at tuning it to make it go flat out

15. So, here are some updates. Made a few tweaks to the gearing for my Spa Setup. Top-Speed after Eau-Rouge is still 267km/h, found no faster settings with my chosen front/rearwing values. But I adjusted the lower gears a bit. Especially in mid-sector you can avoid some unnecessary gear shifts, by staying in 3.rd gear now.
    There might be a few other changes in the settings but i don't exactly anymore atm. 2:16's are definitely possible if you hit a perfect lap.

I've also made a first Monza-Setup. But this is still an alpha-version right now. I think there is definitely some more pace in the car @ this track. However i also think that the McLaren isn't very strong at Monza and can't compete with the "power-cars" like the AMG, Nissan and Lambo. It's more made for tracks with many corners. Maybe i will create a setup for the AMG later on.

paul_wev likes this.
  16. Got it down to 2.:16,8 (Spa) (finally....) and 1:47,9 (Monza) now. I will upload it later on :)

paul_wev and TitzonToast like this.
  17. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

RUF RT12 R - Nurburgring Sprint - TC off ABS factory - t300 FF 37++

DrVegas and iwanchek like this.
  18. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

Great drive Onepueblo! I tried your setup last night had a hard time being consistent but I think I just need more practice!

onepueblo likes this.
  19. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

Thanks, unfortunatly I don't remember clearly the set up I used as I say in my video, sure better setups will come around for this car untill mine is not optimized, let say it was just what was needed to beat the target, I'm working at a more efficient setting for the BMW M3 E30 I'll post soon.

20. KrypticTMG

KrypticTMG Gamer

MCLAREN 650s Hot Lap & setup @ Silverstone 1:59.738

I think this setup has a low 1:59 in it as you could see I missed a few apexes on this lap but it was enough to get
    gold on the in special events hope you guys find this useful.