1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Setups: Live Data

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Schnipp, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

2 things I'm wondering about that made adjusting setups difficult to impossible in AC1 in some circumstances:

On big tracks, like Nords, the error in floating calculations meant that the live data, especially for toe settings where jumping around and it's hard to adjust for the value it should be.
    I think it was mentioned ACC will use 64bit calculations and therefore should be more precise, so this might just mean this issue is already solved by the switch to 64bit.

The bigger issue there is though:
    On tracks where the grid and/or pit boxes are on an incline or cambered (i.e. Brands Hatch) or otherwise the physical mesh is weird (Imola, Nürb. GP) the live data for camber and toe is sometimes quite a bit off from the ones on a level ground.
    Aris or Stefano once talked about this and there was no (easy) way to solve this since the data calculations only works for the spot the car currently touches the ground.
    But could there be some way to solve this issue with ACC?

I mean, currently on tracks that have issues with the live data I always load saved setups from another track where I only change necessary stuff but don't touch camber and toe settings. The issue is a bit bigger if there isn't a saved setup yet for the car I use and then I usually went as far as creating a base setup for camber and toe on another track.

Nahkamarakatti, AC_RAF and chksix like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Setups & Telemetry Mar 14, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Some good setups for Porsche 911 on Silverstone (Race) 3 hours Feb 24, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Setups in PS4 Feb 9, 2021
    ACC Physics ACC default Setups Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Custom setups do not get loaded Jan 1, 2021
    ACC Physics Left to right differences in Lambo evo default aggressive setups Dec 20, 2020
    ACC Physics 2020/19 & default setups Dec 11, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Copying car setups between tracks? Dec 8, 2020
    Console Lounge Car setups Dec 3, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Coach Dave Academy Setups Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel Setups vs Controller Setups Oct 11, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel Setups vs Controller Setups Oct 10, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Can Not Delete Wheel Setups That I’ve Saved Sep 21, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Rented Server Setups Sep 5, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Default setups Jul 29, 2020

3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

We could have a simulated Garage/Pit mode where the car is lifted on a level platform.

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Interesting idea.
    Even if it might not be accurate, maybe there could be the possibility to have the car in the actual garage, not just infront of it, and those garage would be leveled.

Daniel Monteiro and LeiF like this.
  5. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, the menu option would be "Return to Garage" and the car will be teleported to the pit garage which would be a perfectly level part of all new tracks.

Driving out of the garage or backing into it would be the same as teleporting to it also :D

6. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Can't edit but wanted to add this example of a pit garage:

:cool::eek: