1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Several simple, yet missing things.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Snoopy, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

1. A way to disable notifications online about who entered or quit the server. I don't need that information and it is VERY distracting.
    2. A standings list after an online race. I can't believe that's not in the game. Often I can't even see who won or what place I finished.
    3. Ability to point the mirrors in a direction that's actually usable. Also seeing the car in the mirrors will help a lot.
    4. A proper integrated chat app.
    5. A proper integrated tyre temp app.
    6. Being able to access options while ingame. Can't even lower audio volume as it is.
    7. Being able to map all functions of the game to buttons. Seriously how is this not a thing yet?
    8. Being able to set tyre compound and fuel before stopping in the pit so we don't lose time clicking menus.
    9. Stalling, start up sounds.
    10. A warning about starting the race without enough fuel. Basic fuel consumption figures already in the game for cases when you don't have the time to make enough laps for them to be calculated.
    11. Tuning tooltips can be very misleading.
    12. Leaderboards app that doesn't go on all three monitors hiding behind the wheel.
    13. Performance rating for the cars so we have a better idea what is a good match for what. The tags system is bad. Some cars are in a tag by their own, making it hard to judge their performance.
    14. Map rotation on the servers? Is that a thing?
    15. Online championships with points online.

I'll probably come up with more.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezing for several seconds mid Race Jan 1, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze for several seconds in race. Subsequent crash (in the track) Apr 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting (PC) Game freezes for several seconds after last lap resulting in car crash [HDD goes to sleep] Mar 24, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.8.10]UE4-AC2 crash - several game crashes & "instant" reboot [general system instability] Jan 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Solution found for several bugs in XBOX1 Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Several crashes to desktop UE4-AC2.. need help.. [locked: devolved into unhelpful tit-for-tat] May 19, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Several things Apr 5, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Several ACC Issues and some deal breakers Feb 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Several loss of connection after update 1.3 Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.2.3] Spa 24hrs several AI crawling on track under white flag(out of fuel?) Jan 1, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Several shadows appear at the same time May 12, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting 0.6.3 several crashes video freezes in different modes Mar 10, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer 0.6 several seconds video/audio freeze Mar 4, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Today had several UE4 Fatal errors Nov 15, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds How do I start several servers on the same computer? (Guide followed) Aug 16, 2018

3. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

I agree with some of the points you've made.
    Stalling is the most critic in my opinion. Everyone praises Assetto as the most realistic sim out in the market right now. Yet stalling is not a thing. How can it be the most realistic when it lacks many core or essential parts of the driving simulation? (stalling isn't the only one, think of water and oil, both temp and pressure, for example which is unbelievably stupid).
    But they did this in name of a simplification of the experience for the end user, and I can understand that and accept it.
    But remember that it's going to consoles, so we can forget about this kind of things which would only make the driving experience more complex (and so going against their philosophy for Assetto).
    So you want the truth? Almost all of your points won't come. Never.

Instead, we can almost be sure of Thor or the shark arrival here soon :D get ready

Was it for me, I would just want a better antialiasing algorythm, as the current one is very weak

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Kristaps likes this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Don't bother come up with more, it'll be the 459th time we'll read these.

Seriously, I miss a more direct and constructive approach to what is "needed" and what Kunos could actually be interested in and able to be allocating time for. Kunos has the ball on taking this up, I think they've got the message on what the AC members want.

5. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

If I get them to disable the stupid notifications it is still a win for me.

ENRICO BENEDINI and Coss like this.
  6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I got that. Maybe don't try so hard...

7. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

subforum is a bit of a rubbish place for storing suggestions, ideally there would just be one repository that users could search for their suggestion and just upvote it, so the devs have visbility of what the most desired features are, if not for ac1 but for ac2. anyone got any ideas of a good site to do so on? previously there have been some threads that pooled suggestions but they inevitably disappear to the back pages after some time

Patrik Marek, St3fan, Tberg and 2 others like this.
  8. TCLF

TCLF Alien

AC has such a great physics engine and such a great tire model, but it forgets that that isn't what makes a full game. It is ATM a great driving simulator, but lacking a streamlined racing experience. This list snoopy set up here shows the tiny things that are missing, but have a huge impact on the racing/driving experience.

Some of them I am most positive about are:
    2: This is really THE MOST BASIC thing you want from a race. It is also not very smart that if someone has finished the race and leaves the server (to change a setting for example) that his result is gone for everyone and screws over the 'result list' we have now.
    4: Great example for this is LFS. You actually feel like you are in a server with other people. Sim racing (MP) is pretty much community dependent on how good the experience is and how much it will be used. Again a very simple thing you can see on other sims how it can work properly.
    5: Sim racing drivers don't have engineers like in real life to tell them what's going on in their car and with their tires. Sim racers have to do all of this themselves through feeling and (live) telemetry that engineers usually have. Thats why all other simulators have this tire temp "app"
    6: Does this even need explanation?
    8: ATM pitting is simply a pain in the ***. Click one thing wrong in the "quick action"/pit selection menu, you get the wrong tires or fuel load... If you put in a quick action pit stop thing, make it so it only affects your pit stop time.
    12: Text is written horizontally. It is a stupid choice in design to make a leader board (where guess what, text is written horizontally) stack up horizontally which makes the names not being able to be fully displayed and make it so it's very limited to how many names are on the screen.
    15: I told everyone many times how important the community is for sim racing. Kunos don't want a community on their support forum? OK, I can live with that. But do give us a place to go which indeed this is the only way, make it in-game. This means you can make it so it needs near none moderation (which is the complaint of Kunos) and make it even more user friendly than a forum. Win-win situation here?

My biggest wish is a more streamlined game for this great physics engine.

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  9. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I agree. That's why I wish there's any official thing on these suggestions: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...rted-issues-published-on-regular-basis.27152/

The idea is like PCars' known issues compilation thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ead-(PC)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-10-10

If you check this PCars thread now and then, I think you would agree that they've done an impressive job on showing their players how much work they've done and how many issues have been solved. The list used to be overwhelmingly huge and long, but now it's kinda short. I'm not saying that they have very few bugs/issues/problems now, but it is very easy to figure out what's been noticed and reported, what's been fixed, etc.

VĂ­tor Sousa and ears1991 like this.
  10. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

I'd quite like it if the flags weren't just a cosmetic addition. At the moment you can just ignore blue flags until the cows come home, and you can go as quickly as you like through yellow flagged areas with no penalty of any sort.

I think that if you ignore blue flags for more than 30 seconds, then you should get a drive through penalty that must be served within 3 laps.

11. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Ye, but when are you "ignoring" a blue flag. How are you going to tell that to the game without any faults or exploits? Same for yellow flags. When have you ignored them and how is the system going to judge that consistently without any faults

12. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

The yellow flags is a tough one to enforce currently in Assetto Corsa's MP because sector times aren't available. So there's no way of ensuring that you don't set a quick sector in a yellow flagged zone.

The blue flag is easy (well, from an idea's POV. It's probably more complex to actually implement). When the lapped car ahead is receiving blue flags, have a timer that counts how long that the flag is present for, once you reach a certain amount of time (either 30 seconds or perhaps configurable by the server admin) a penalty is issued.

13. TCLF

TCLF Alien

and when a car is unlapping himself? He will have to get out of the blue flag zone within 30 seconds? And what if the leaders comes out of the pits and gets behind a drive who is just faster because of the warmer tires? A lot of things in racing can't be judged by a system, but needs a human eye (admin)

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

If a car that is unlapping himself cannot get away from the car behind quickly enough, then absolutely he should have to yield to the blue flags.

Then the guy ahead who is being lapped should have to obey the blue flag rule. How is that even an issue? A leader is a leader, doesn't matter what tyres he is on versus the cars he is lapping.

This is the thing that annoys the heck out of me when talking about the penalty system. People often provide perfectly legitimate ideas for the way AC should handle penalties, and yet it gets shot down because of some convoluted situation that very rarely occurs.

A penalty system of some sort would be nice. iRacing has a penalty system, rFactor 2 has a penalty system, Game Stockcar has a penalty system. And I'm sure they all have their deficiencies in one way or the other, but I would rather have a flag system that accounts for the majority of racing situations, over one that is purely cosmetic simply because some people found a limitation that occurs very infrequently.

It just seems like such a backward mentality; that a penalty system is completely rejected simply because it doesn't cover 100% of racing scenarios. As a league organiser I would much rather a penalty system that reduced my workload by even 50% as opposed to having to manually deal with 100% of it.

Surely a penalty system with some limitation is better than nothing at all, right?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Dookie, Joao Alves and Darren Blythe like this.
  15. TCLF

TCLF Alien

As long as you're faster than the car behind (laptime wise, not defending of course), you don't yeild. Definitely if you just overtook the leader for it. This is a very common thing back in LFS with endurance racing. Teams had faster and slower drivers. There also was a case of a driver lapping staying behind on purpose because the 2 in front were battling it out in the last stage of the race while he didn't have anyone behind him.

It is indeed true these things don't happen a lot, but when they happen, you would be happy to have it not working against you unfairly.

16. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

BTW the latest changelog states chatty server messages are removed. As far as I could tell I still get notified when someone enters/leaves or gets kicked.

17. dauntless

dauntless Alien

- sort replays by date/car/track
    - steering lock in setup
    - brake pressure in setup (already exists, just needs to be made to work with ai)
    - Show fastest lap in race results
    - ability to save replays without having to leave the server online (like make the save replay button appear after you cross the fnishing line)

mrk1001 likes this.
  18. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

this would actually be very helpful

ears1991 likes this.
  19. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

any idea of a good portal to do so on? https://code.google.com/p/support/issues/list could work as users can star the features they are interested in, and requires email signup so would put people off spamming their favourite feature too much, but also has the downside that the email address of the "issue" starter is shown (maybe theres a setting tio hide it

20. esox71

esox71 Alien

You can adjust brake pressure dude? Where?

mrk1001 likes this.
  21. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Well, you can't because no car has added this because it breaks the ai. Or it did break the ai when I tried this last time but maybe kunos has secrectly fixed it:

in setup.ini you need to add:
    [BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
    SHOW_CLICKS=0
    TAB=GENERIC
    NAME=Brake Power
    MIN=8
    MAX=20
    STEP=1
    POS_X=0.5
    POS_Y=4
    HELP=

Now the min and max values are multiplifications of the brake torque in brakes.ini. So you need to change your brake torque to something like 100 instead of something like 1000-3600 most cars use. So for example if your brake_torque is 100 and your setup.ini min-max is 5-20 then your brake_torque values are 800-2000 (8*100-20*100). Ai will however use that value 100 which means they brake poorly.

One way to go around this for car modders is to basically create another version of their mod car but have different setup.ini and brakes.ini that allow brake torque adjustment. And then have one which doesn't. That way players could race that car against the ai by using the braje_torque adjusting car themselves while the ai uses the one without the brake_torque adjustment.

Or kunos could just change the setup.ini min, max and step values so that they would accept 0.xx values so one would not need to change the brakes.ini at all.

mrk1001 and garyjpaterson like this.