1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Shared Memory / API ?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SteelyEyedMissleMan, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Hi Team Kunos - is the shared memory API approach going to be retained for ACC? I understand the API is unlikely to be exactly the same - just if the general approach will be supported. And/or if in game apps are supported.

I want to build a "live timing board" for the garage for when my mates are around... have a Raspberry PI server that is collecting laptimes which get pushed from a client running alongside AC (and ACC in future). perhaps with a touch interface so as "competitors" jump in and out of the sim rig that tap their names- captures their best times in a live leaderboard.

[would open source this for any other keen people]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Shared Memory or UDP Reference for ACC ? Sep 13, 2018
    General modding discussion [Issue] AC Shared Memory: pf->maxRpm not working properly Sep 21, 2017
    General modding discussion Read Shared Memory to Matlab Simulink Sep 4, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues API/Shared Memory : Pit window timed race Mar 23, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Shared memory changes - 22rd March 2017 Mar 22, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues API/Shared Memory Issues Feb 25, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Shared memory maxRpm reported as 0 when using controller or keyboard as input device Feb 24, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Shared Memory telemetry - possible race condition? Feb 18, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Request for a tyre variable in shared memory Feb 18, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Problem to Load Shared Memory Jan 18, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Shared Memory BreakBias Dec 20, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Shared Memory is it going to be updated? Nov 28, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Kers/Ers charge not reported is shared memory Nov 24, 2016
    Suggestions Add position of all cars to Shared Memory Jul 23, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues New phyiscs shared memory variables are jumbled up Jul 16, 2016

3. stryder-it

stryder-it Rookie

I'm interested in that as well. Are there any news if a telemetry interface is planned?

Vytautas Leonavičius likes this.
  4. TriGgeR

TriGgeR Rookie

+1

I built a small digital dashboard (rev counter, speedometer, gear indicator, etc) using an arduino-like board, and I feed it with information from the shared memory interface in AC.
    All the sims I use either have shared memory, or a UDP server we can pull realtime information/telemetry from.
    This is a feature I'd like to see in ACC :)

5. stryder-it

stryder-it Rookie

My Android Companion App SIM Dashboard now supports Assetto Corsa Competizione.

paulieGTR and D.Jankovic like this.
  6. aotto1977

aotto1977 Simracer

So does SimHUB.

7. Wotever

Wotever Hardcore Simmer

Indeed :D

For those who may ask the ACC telemetry is a clone of AC telemetry (you can see some projects like this one to know the structures and shared memory names :https://github.com/mdjarv/assettocorsasharedmemory) Data is really light now and most of the graphics and static info are place holders right now. But it works for most of the "physics" data. I guess kunos did not released the structure as it looks and it is not finished. So I guess it's subject to change at anytime. But in the wait .... it works ... partially :D I was really happy to get a lap with my dash and my shakers working :D, everything feels so flat without it :D

TriGgeR and aotto1977 like this.
  8. MOBB

MOBB Rookie

Thanks for the link to the git repo! Came here because I want to make my wheel button box with LCD screen compatible to ACC as well.
    My demo unit already works with iRacing so maybe ACC will be next. Perfect!

[​IMG]

9. Rudski

Rudski Alien

In AC I used i2 Motec pro to record and show live telemetry, will ACC include the features for that application to work?

paulieGTR likes this.
  10. Would like to hear devs comments here too. Would be nice to add CC support for ACC, but richer shared memory is necessary for quality in depth support.