1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Should i upgrade from g27 to t300rs ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Sen Dewael, Nov 17, 2014.

1. mojodude

mojodude Gamer

I have a T300rs + Th8rs shifter+ GTE rim, and using my G25 pedals with the above ricmotech adapter .
    The adapter works great. The pedals are calibrated through TM control panel. I also have a bodnar cable that I tried first ,but you have to use the separate calibration software .
    The cable also works but using the Wheel ,shifter ,pedals , and gaming keyboard, some games like Rf2 ,GSC extreme ,and F1 series will only allow 3 USB inputs.
    Using the ricmotech adapter the pedals and wheel only use one input. Just something to think about .
    So far I love the T300. It's stronger, faster, more precise than the G25 , and most of all dead quiet. I really haven't noticed the fan at all. In fact I have never heard it over my case fans.

JyriK likes this.
  2. Sen Dewael

Sen Dewael Racer

Ok thanks!

3. Skazz

Skazz Racer

Just to add: If you use the G27 pedals (or shifter) as stand-alone USB devices via 3rd party adapters, they aren't usable on the consoles (no support for pedals as a separate USB device).

That Ricmotech adapter, which converts the G27 pedals to actually plug straight into TX/T300/T500, just appears to all elements as the standard Thrustmaster pedals, which means it lets you use the G27 pedals on the consoles. Something else to consider :)

4. mojodude

mojodude Gamer

Very good point! I can verify that it does work on the PS4. I think this adapter is the best bang for the buck.
    Here is a screen of TM control panel with my G25 pedals showing as TM pedals.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  5. endgame

endgame Racer

I'm considering this upgrade but its very expensive without a shifter and decent pedals, but I'd just buy an adapter to use my G27 ones I think.

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

As flagship -T500RS is discontinued, should we expect replacement from Thrustmaster or T300 is the end of the line.

7. How do you know it is being discontinued? Was it announced and if yes where?

8. magzire

magzire Alien

Keep the G27 and upgrade the pedals to Clubsport v2. You can thank me later.

kjelle likes this.
  9. Sen Dewael

Sen Dewael Racer

Ok, i'm gonna get one of these adapters to plug them into the wheel :)

10. Skazz

Skazz Racer

Rumors of the T500 being discontinued have been popping up for the last 2 years. Any time stock gets low in a country those rumors appear. :)

Of course we can expect Thrustmaster to revise their high end wheel set with the new motor tech, but even if Thrustmaster were to announce the T500v2 tomorrow we all know they would still take at least 6 months to get it out in stock around the world.... You can wait or you can accept the choice as currently available.

11. I have a T300RS since few days and had a G25 since around 8-9 years, and yes it is a good upgrade for the reasons that everybody have mentioned, but (yes there is a but), I'm disapointed by the humming/buzzing sound vibrations (cogging ?) that it does when I turn, that completely shuts me the immersion, I had to remove road effect and lower the ffb power for reduce this effect, it is better but still there. I don't know if it is normal on this wheel or is a defect as very small number of people have mentioned that ( I have done lot of search on web), but because of that I hesitate to bring back the wheel, if someone have a miracle solution, I take it.
    About the pedals, maybe I didn't see your reason to keep g27 (wheel), but why don't sell your G27 and buy a fanatec csp, I have the csp v2, and it is a very good upgrade, csp elite is cheaper than csp v2 but the main thing that is the brake load cell is the same, and it is day and night with g27 pedals.

kjelle likes this.
  12. Sen Dewael

Sen Dewael Racer

It's again 150 euros and i nobody buys a second hand g27 for €150... Also csp pedals are hard to find in my country so + shipping costs

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

There is some discussion on the subj http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/11698-t500-availability/
    A lot of retailers mark it as discontinued as well, I assume based on communication with manufacturer.
    http://www.expansys.ie/thrustmaster...wheel-official-gran-turismo-5-for-ps3-208917/

14. This was about phasing out the GT5 version for the sake of GT6 version.

Maybe some retailers misunderstood the GT5, GT6 change and thought it was another wheel, thus marking the GT5 one as discontinued. Or maybe some stopped selling it nevertheless.

It's not that I have trouble believing it as I already have one but I see no official announcements. Just assumptions. So yeah.

I wish a T500 with one big brushless motor would come out though

15. atchoo

atchoo Racer

Is G27 so bad? I feel fine with it!

16. Sen Dewael

Sen Dewael Racer

Yeah, i did to until you get a chance to drive a thrustmaster for 5 laps :p

17. GT1

GT1 Racer

Nope, it isn't bad at all. There are a many thousands of them out there and they outsell everything else many times over. They have the best CS also. The pedals are not so great in feel but replacing the brake spring makes them much, much better.

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Not like it's bad but getting more serious with sim racing you can't stop thinking what would be the next level (hey, the Christmas is coming :))
    With Fanatec poor reliability track record, Thrustmaster sounds like the only choice.
    But based on some feedback it sounds that at least in case of T300 it's quite marginal or side if not even downgrade (plastic rim, inferior 2 pedals set, no shifter). T500RS sounds like a better deal but with it's outdated motor and *discontinued* status, not sure this is a perfect choice either.

19. atchoo

atchoo Racer

I'd like a ClubSport Wheel Base V2 + ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 + ClubSport Pedals V2. :)
    But... Fanatec apart? What in 1000-1500 € range?

20. Skazz

Skazz Racer

Could you give a bit more information on exactly what you are feeling? Obviously there are no cogs in the T300RS, so it's certainly not cogging that you are feeling.
    The T300 has a small amount of notching, which is mostly just felt when the wheel is turned off so I reckon it's probably the brushless motor freewheeling or maybe the teeth of the belt being slightly felt. When turned on and warmed up I never really felt anything but smoothness in game, so I'm trying but failing to understand exactly what you are feeling.