1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Should Kunos drop Unreal?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by warth0g, Sep 8, 2019.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

NVIDIA GPUs have become more expensive, indeed, starting with the 10 series. I don't know how much of this came from NVIDIA/AMD and how much came from the mining boom. But either way - the prices seem to have stuck on a level higher than pre-10 series. I wish they were cheaper.

But I can see that a lot of good tech has been created by AMD and NVIDIA - I already mentioned FreeSync (or "GSync compatible" for NVIDIA). Then, there's the new PP filtering (NVIVIA FreeStyle and AMD ???) with - seemingly - good effect and little FPS cost. Very nice as well is AMD Anti Lag and the corresponding NVIDIA function. At least AMDs function was tested and it works very well. So you don't need high FPS, anymore, looking for reduced lag.

But yeah...it's basically right what you say about GPU (starting) prices.

esox71 likes this.

2. Certainly not arguing with the new feature sets. Currently my racing rig has a freesync monitor, however it is based in a different room to my PC so I'm running a 15m active HDMI to it, waiting in anticipation for Nvidia to support freesync over HDMI however apparently this is a proprietary AMD technology so I might be out of luck there.

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

As far as I know it is only supported over DP. Curious will it work over Cat 6/7 with a DP link/convertor?

4. Yeah there's definitely ways to do it over display port. At the time I went for the cheaper option back before the freesync feature of the monitor was interesting to me.

5. Pier84

Pier84 Racer

Regardless of whether Kunos knows what is best for them, proprietary or EU graphics engine, I express my thoughts.
    As I have read in several posts I also believe that if Kunos should design the engine he would have an immense workload compared to ACC, moreover I agree that it is better that they concentrate on everything else having an engine ready.
    Some things must be said though.
    I've read that VR and triple monitors are a niche, true, but you can't ignore them also because VR is the future or part of the future of SIMs.
    Here, however, I also believe that Epic must do its part (probably doing it) and improve its support for these two technologies.
    In the 4.23 release, is there anything new about this?

Having said that it must be recognized that the graphic quality is wonderful, last night I was on a server, at Paul Ricard qualifying by day, the night race, well guys what to say .. show!
    The Kunos will surely have had so much experience on the EU, maybe now it's easier for them to work on it.

In conclusion, I hope that ACC (which is the best SIM) is still supported for a long time, and as someone said, Kunos could finance itself by launching some paid DLCs .. then the future will be seen hopefully that ACC will have long life! And always support for Kunos!

PS. accept my english, sorry guys

SylverFyre, Adastros, warth0g and 4 others like this.
  6. chakko

chakko Alien

Kunos should do what they feel is the best for future development. I think they can much better judge this anyway.

7. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Racer

Hasn't that bitcoinhype a huge impact on gpu prices, or have till now?

tjr likes this.
  8. tjr

tjr Simracer

Yeah, I thought that was a factor as well.

9. vortex19

vortex19 Racer

Technically, not any more. Cryptocurrency prices peaked last year and have generally been much lower since. GPU prices should be close to where they ought to be by now but that's not to say that manufacturers and resellers aren't still milking the market as a result of last year's inflated prices.

10. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Racer

Milking the market...sometimes I feel like a cow, really

GCCRacer and Coanda like this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Popping trees don't bother me so much. Clouds do a little however even then im not cursing under my breath. When a mass of clouds ubruptly transition in on a beight clear sky it looks a little strange.. That said a stormy overcast day looks magical in ACC.

12. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

The future will be difficult.
    In another sim at the same time there were 2167 players

[​IMG]

13. It really depends what time you jump on. Currently it's ~10:30pm in Europe and it's much higher. Generally around 8pm European time is when there's the most players. Not sure which region you're in though and whether the pings to European servers will be too high for you. Hopefully the game expands with DLCs of other regions to increase popularity in different timezones.

Quickjoin.jpg

sps_for_race and Coanda like this.
  14. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

Europe in the morning, as I said in another sim at the same time 2167 players

Now a Friday night 245 players, a very low number.

You don't do anything Kunos?

15. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

At least all those 245 are racing GT3s. In the "other sim" which can only be iRacing, they are racing a wide variety of cars., from NASCAR to MX5s It wouldn't surprise me if there are more people racing GT3s in ACC than in iRacing.

16. Lord Kunos

Lord Kunos His master's voice. Staff Member KS Dev Team

I could sing and dance.. will it help? :D

17. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Certainly not, but it might be good for morale :D it is Friday after all!

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  18. jacyhv 2

jacyhv 2 Gamer

19 vs 2167 players would be surprising what you say. But hey, these are numbers and I can not do anything, those who have to boost the game are those who sing and dance without help.

19. rycil

rycil Simracer

Troll ? What is the aim of such comment? And Is it even related to the title of the thread?

20. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

All your post are about the matchmaking and how the game is dead. I think you've made your point and this is enough. As per forum rules, flamebait and trolling is not allowed in this forum so consider this your last warning.