1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Should Kunos implement certain mods into AC overtime? and...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by justDrive, Jan 17, 2014.

1. justDrive

justDrive Racer

This may be a touchy subject and all but I'm curious to what you all think about this (including Kunos).
    Because of the large implementation of mod-ability added into AC, I believe some of the best modders will be able to create some amazing content/ additions to the game (of course), and the fact of adding in certain items/feautures that Kunos doesn't have the time (or money in some cases) to build them from the ground up that they could contact the modder, go over the mod, tweak it to their liking, add a beta patch for testing (because I'm are talking 1.0 and later), then implement the mod as a fully implemented option/ feature into the game. This could speed up the progress of AC and make it truly a next generation simulation.
    I know of course there are a few reasons keeping this from happening, especially legal issues, but I doubt anything will be ground breaking as long as everyone keeps things reasonable.
    That also leads into my next thought of Kunos "hiring" modders to help build the game, similar to the DayZ mod after the DayZ standalone game was announced.
    Thoughts?

Brainspiller likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Issues that Kunos Should Fix Immediately. Dec 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room [existing licenses] which cars should be in kunos' todo list? [not a request thread] Feb 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Kunos should buy this!!!! Feb 13, 2014
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Shouldn't I get better performance with this spec? Mar 12, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Should there be version rollback like on PC? Oct 3, 2022
    Chit Chat Room There should be a FAQ about how to get privileges for posting in the forums that one want Mar 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions "disconnected"..this should be a priority!! Mar 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Which dlc should I go on ps4? Mar 7, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality What VR should I buy? Feb 8, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 steering inputs are double what they should be Jan 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay How should a hotstint progression look like? Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Should I first upgrade my CPU or GPU? Nov 20, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions They should give Intercontinental DLC for free as an apology Jul 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Should be nice to have this kind of HUD Jun 6, 2020

3. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I only wonder if modder can somehow extend the career mode content to make it even longer & interesting because i predict the career mode which i gonna get in 1.0 must be some very short & simple or even boring one consider there are only 11 tracks.

4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Would you expect KS to pay the modder a percentage of every unit sold then? Could get complicated.

5. justDrive

justDrive Racer

That's why I mentioned there could be complications, but if the modders did it for free (if just implementing a mod) why would they want money out of it from Kunos?
    As for "hiring" a modder, I meant more in terms of Kunos just asking a modding team/ modder to do work, for maybe a flat rate or free. The majority of modders out there mod for free, wouldn't doing official work be a huge honor including them doing something they love for a game they love?
    It all seems very subjective though, but the modders can always say no for whatever reason if they don't agree with handing over the rights to the mod they created.

6. I work as a projectleader in software developping and from my own experience, there are more important
    problems than legal issues that would keep Kunos from such a solution. First: it is difficult to find good
    developers and the good ones already have too much on their plate. Besides that, it is a quite dangerous
    misconception that working with a bigger crew will speed up things. If you take in modders, you will have
    to educate them in the way AC is designed which means that at least one person of your formal crew is not
    contributing to the development. There is a need for more communication overall, which takes
    time from your original crew. Then you have to review and test the work done by the modders as you
    have a product responsibility. It is possible to work faster if you are more people but that requires that you
    are working on unrelated work packages and that is in software seldomly the case. There is a book describing
    this problem: the mythical man-month. But most important: if you hand over the code to modders in order
    to add new features, you lose control over it. It could end up with a competitor before you know it.

From what I see, Kunos is doing it in the best possible way: iterative development in short iterations with
    the complete team focussed on one or only a few features.

Coolio, Lazybug and C3PO like this.
  7. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

Remco pointed it out.. Kunos won't make any "mods" in any way because legal issues.

They will certainly add content from DLC though.

About hiring modders, I don't see why not but it's up to them to decide.. and I don't think they'll answer here ;) :D

8. plaid

plaid Alien

This this this!
    Practicly 8 circuits and one hillclimb are fairly limited. But it should be easy to change the tracks in the career (ini etc.) with others, so you dont drive the same tracks in every series.
    And add hillclimb/street-rallye/road-championshios!

Forza 3 had far more tracks, but still become very repititive, anyway the career is (too) looong.

Most dont like the idea, i guess, but I hope for some things outside the actual racing. Modders could add something too, like music and opening videos or video-samples from youtube-videos from real races, that create that vibe from a race.
    I dont "need" it, but it greatly can effect the atmosphere, instead of the dead wasteland all around the cars, you usually experience in games.
    DTM Race Driver did a good job. It doesnt suffer from the soulless artificial world, like other genres, where humans appear more or less.
    Still in GTR you at least got music and some videos that bring the right mood, even on the track everything is dead again.
    At simulating reality outside the track sims fail miserably. It feels more like Mad Max alone in the wasteland then a race.

9. softgrip

softgrip Alien

Good book that. :)

Working on Rivali Tempo and the Rivali website for 6 weeks 99% solo has really shone new light on what can be achieved. I've been on projects with a similar scope size, and a team of 10 with a defined deliverable and 6 months later it's still not ready. Even a small agile team could have problems.

Too many chefs and a recipe that no one understands fully.

I have offered my server code to KS - no charge, but I'm sure they have something exciting brewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Queequeg likes this.
  10. plaid

plaid Alien

Again: I hope you can make intros for careerbeginnings and outros for the end and small videos before the race with the right tools.
    Thats something I would like to do, cause I make different kinds of music (primarly electronic) and have a feeling for aesthatic and visualisation. Sadly not that much time, cause its all very timeconsuming.
    I would imagine a mixture of bigbeats/dnb and IDM beats and percussion with subtil spheric ambient background and (modified) sounds that come from or resamble racing.

@softgrip:
    My music dont match my standards and sadly till the music is finished the compesition and sounds lose impact, so I just archive them and start with a new one. Maybe Im to slow productionwise or I just aspect to much, considering my actual talent. :(

Favorite of mine are Boards of Canada, Autechre, AFX, Plaid, Amon Tobin, Massive Attack and others. They are quite the mark I guess.

Edit: What I wanted to say: I just show it to a few friends, but if I get better I will try to show it to strangers. There is to much bad music allready. ;)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  11. softgrip

softgrip Alien

Where can I hear your music Plaid.. *buboomtish* but seriously... :) where is it? You got a soundcloud/mixcloud?

12. Coolio

Coolio Gamer

No, they shouldn't include separate mods in their game. A simple ranking-system for mods on steam workshop, like Skyrim, would be plenty enough, even if there were no legal issues.

Fantastic modders will be raised up to the sky by the community and will probably find themselves job offerings around the world. If not, they can do what everyone else in the world is doing; get formal education, work hard and apply for jobs :D