1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Show current CAR_ID with TAB (or other hotkey)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RS10, Aug 31, 2017.

1. RS10

RS10 Racer

Currently there is no quick way to get the CAR_IDs whilst driving, one would have to stop/slow down and type /client_list in chat and then the chat won't even show several lines ...

Before the race starts writing down names with ID is doable (still annoying) but once people join towards or after the start and begin wrecking or driving like idiots it's really hard to kick them, votes never go through either.

Would it be possible to get something like this? An additional row with # id
    upload_2017-8-31_14-21-46.png

the downside, of course, is that this list never shows all users on track.

So maybe there could be an additional hotkey for a popup like this one but only ID and driver, and all of them

Horus and liakjim like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Show the driver's name from the current car May 22, 2017
    Suggestions Show the current laps on server imformation. Dec 22, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Is there any app that shows current grip level Apr 5, 2015
    ACC General Discussions Thank you Kunos! Let us show you some love and allow us pre order IGT DLC Nov 9, 2019
    ACC User Interface Showroom Oct 31, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Can’t enter showroom in VR Oct 25, 2019
    ACC User Interface [1.1] Car Selection/Interactive Showroom Oct 25, 2019
    ACC User Interface Bug showing incoorect TEAM/car. Oct 23, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G25 FFB showing Red on HUD, clipping? Oct 19, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Final Qualifying Timetable showing previous race results v1.0.1 Sep 25, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Monza 2 FPS Diashow at practice start Aug 10, 2019
    ACC User Interface 1.0.7 Too much zoom in showroom and car selection on Triples and Ultrawides Aug 9, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Why no Sponsors shown on Custom Liveries? Aug 6, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Show Race settings in Garage Aug 4, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Free Camera into Showroom Jul 30, 2019

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Interesting idea, although I'd prefer the id to show in the driver labels while driving.

I'd suggest you try admintools, which simplifies all of this. Just have to be careful with drivers switching between cars, because they may appear twice in the list if noone else took the old car.

Horus likes this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

Even better would be the ID number is the car number, then it can be on the label and the car - yes I know that could be really too much coding for something so basic - (for us that do not have labels on). :)

Really good idea OP. :)

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I would have appreciated this when I was admin, specifically when trying to test success ballast. I had to go on track and list id using admintools, then go back to the big chat window to view the list and keep checking the chat list against player qualifying position and assign ballast, when people are chatting at the same time it gets even more tricky as the id list keeps disappearing off the bottom of the chat window. It would have been much easier with the id next to the player name at the timing/position screen as above.

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

admintools kicks the ID, so I'm not sure why you would check it, basically it doesn't do anything different from running & parsing the /client_list command, iirc from looking at the source code.
    But if you want to check it, why would you need to go back to the pits? The chat window app can be scroll-locked.
    Sure, you don't want to have it opened all the time, but since we now have app presets, I'd just set up one for admin stuff to which you can easily switch.
    Also for those that don't like admintools, ptracker provides similar functionality.
    Or was it only because of the ballast? It wouldn't be that hard to write a modified admintools that could be used to assign ballast to specific car ids.

Apart from that: you're not the admin of ALOOG1 anymore? That would be sad.