1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Show off your rig thread (console edition)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Sigurd615, Sep 30, 2016.

1. rallyesax

rallyesax Simracer

@SchumiF399 Thanks. :)
    By the way, I don't know why the quality of the pictures is so bad once uploaded as they are originaly very good.

Anyway, the rig is very rigid/stiff and ergonomic, love it :D

paul_wev, StyleF1re and SchumiF399 like this.
  2. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

@rallyesax
    Oh no! That's my "paper weight" wheel on your rig! By that, I mean the wheel I once used to know, broke, and eventually replaced with the Oval+Universal Hub one.

Nah, but for real nice kit you're working with there!

rallyesax likes this.
  3. rallyesax

rallyesax Simracer

@StyleF1re Thanks.

For the steering wheel, I already pre ordered the future Mclaren Gt3 wheel during black friday. So it will be delivered late february and look awesome :D
    téléchargement.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    olevet and StyleF1re like this.
  4. StyleF1re

@rallyesax
    I do hope you got it with the proper Quick Release though! Are you going to be inclined to drive the 12C or 650S GT3 cars more often come February? Kind of goes in line with the P1 GTR wheel too... haha

olevet and rallyesax like this.
  5. rallyesax

rallyesax Simracer

@StyleF1re

I'm using 650S in 95% of the Gt3 races and spend a lot of time driving all Mclarens... So yes, the choice makes sense :D

By the way, I have the current steering wheel since a year now I think, and didn't have any issues. I'll keep it for road cars, old timers and rallying anyway ;)

What got broken on yours ?

6. StyleF1re

Happy holidays to everyone!

Anyway, here's a quick clip of the Fanatec Oval (350mm) wheel, a stiffened brake pedal, and some average-at-best driving skills at work. Still need to get that handbrake up and running though. Went with a 911R for this showcase because you guys know the deal... Porsches all day!!!

@rallyesax
    Sorry for the late response. Sounds awesome though. I need to get behind the McLarens more often. They all are pretty ridiculous though compared to other cars in their classes, whether we're talking the F1 GTR, P1 GTR, 12C, or the 570S. Maybe even the GT3 too. And that's for better AND for worse!

Also, the photo below should explain everything. That's what I get though for not fastening the metal ring properly and letting the stress fall solely on the plastic (where the screw is fastened)...

20171227_213318.jpg

olevet, rallyesax and DonZmeuheu like this.
  7. rallyesax

rallyesax Simracer

The setup looks great as it is :cool:

Stiffer brake pedal ? DIY or Fanatec addition ?

For the wheel, I see :D. If it get loose, this is not it's mecanical way of working :D

StyleF1re likes this.
  8. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

There is only one way and that is a Porsche all day:)!!!

StyleF1re likes this.
  9. StyleF1re

@rallyesax
    Thanks! And my bad. I meant stiffer bumper springs for the brake pedal. After two months I finally decided to install those things (from the Brake Performance Kit). Should've did it sooner! Went with a medium combination, since you can make three pairs at medium stiffness with whatever bumpers come in the box. It's somewhat tedious to detach the pedal set from the pedal base and slip the pedal arm on and off, so hopefully I won't have to do this procedure again anytime soon. Glad I didn't snap the thin rumble cable for the brakes, just in case I switch over to PC...

@DonZmeuheu
    Yessir! My favorite car isn't a Porsche (McLaren F1 GTR). My favorite 2000s car isn't a Porsche either (Pagani Zonda Cinque). I will say though, without a doubt, that Porsche is my favorite manufacturer, the 911 is my favorite make/series of car, and that the current 911 RSR GTE car is surging up my list of favorite racing cars. This year might be the first year I don't (primarily) root for Corvette Racing in those endurance races. Aston won the class and Chevy put up a valiant effort this past Le Mans, but at the end of the day the Porsche won me over with that Makowiecki lap onboard. Man, Porsche better do good this upcoming year sending FOUR (GTE/GTLM) cars to Le Mans! haha

rallyesax and DonZmeuheu like this.
  10. Simraver

Simraver Rookie

Hi there! I also wanted to share my rig with you guys.
    image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg IMG_1552.JPG naamloos.png

Kembro, rallyesax, StyleF1re and 3 others like this.
  11. Simraver

Simraver Rookie

Did you tighten the shifter arm with a socket wrench? I did it with the entire RS1 and my rig is rock solid!! With just a regular alan key you will not be able to tighten this rig like it should! The only thing that was lacking was the pedal plate. So i also bought the pro pedal upgrade and now i'm extremely happy. No flex anywhere!

StyleF1re and olevet like this.
  12. StyleF1re

Wow. Can't believe I didn't even think of that. And I have a socket wrench set around somewhere. Some solutions-oriented and hands-on person I am!

Anyway, I'll admit I totally forgot that I even complained about flex from the RS1 shifter arm! Never really thought about it since my previous comment. I've got other concerns unfortunately with my setup, like how to get the handbrake to function with the PS4 (via the CronusMAX Drive Hub) and why certain controls aren't working. I can assign buttons in the menu for turbo, abs, tc, headlights, and other necessary functions, but when I press the buttons in game they don't do jack! All that seems to work are whatever is mapped to shifting, look left/right/behind, change HUD, and change view. Maybe I botched an update or something with the Drive Hub or the wheel base, but damn. I still don't trust AC with technical soundness either. I've gotten into cars I was in previously (cockpit view) and ended up with a compromised camera view from either the passenger's seat (happened with the R34 Skyline) or, on numerous occasions, BEHIND the driver's seat. Kunos? C'mon man!!! haha

Oh, and nice to see another RS1 in this thread. The chassis is a damn rock! I wonder how the T-GT is compared to the T300RS that I used between Nov 2016 and October last year. Also, salute to the "all black everything" look you've got going!

olevet and Simraver like this.
  13. Simraver

Simraver Rookie

I had an T300RS alcantara edition and i must say that the T-GT is a huge step up. Not just in power like some say. Its way more than that. It trumps the t300 in power, speed, smoothness, fidelity, and not to forget precision. I now steer into a corner with way more confidence which results in fewer to none corrections and thus better lap times. The T-GT allows for much more consistent driving. Also a huge plus is that the fan is quieter en the wheelbase remains in optimal temperature preventing fading of the force feedback. Which was unfortunately very much the case with the t300 after a few hours of playing.

All in all i'm very happy! But if it wasnt for the plug and play compatibility i would have gone for the clubsport 2.5 like you did! From what i've heard it's the better wheel....

olevet likes this.
  14. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

How was your transitioning from TM300 to Fanatec? I'm also very much considering it, just want to wait untill they release their recentley announced direct drive wheel, which they market under "podium series". Also Feel VR is something to be considered, they should announce release of their direct drive wheel bundle soon: wheel, pedals and GT style rim add-on all for $450 as early birds special. Very affordable for direct drive wheel package if you ask me. The only question is soon, how soon..

15. StyleF1re

Nice! Wish it was around when I was first constructing my setup back in 2016. I did notice that one of the weaknesses of the T300 was a lack in precision when you really need to be on-point with countersteering. The resistance also isn't that strong compared to the ClubSport base. I remember running AC on 90% strength with the T300, but had to dial it back to 70% strength with the Fanatec because of how clanky it would get with all its power. How are the pedals that come with the T-GT in comparison to, say a T3PA-Pro? I definitely don't miss my T3PA-Pro, its weight, and the trouble I endured with my Ricmotech load cell. That thing wore out some padding on the brake pedal underside and would cause the pedal to chirp under pressure and be inconsistent. I also had to swap out the stock clutch/throttle springs because they were so weak to boot, with the aftermarket spring in the clutch snapping after extensive use. And would you say the TH8A needs a successor now? That thing has been seemingly around forever and much too long without a successor in sight...

I forgot they were setting up to drop that Podium Series. You might as well wait on that if you can. As for my transitioning, it's similar to what @Simraver described in the quote above in comparing the T300 with the T-GT. Thing is, the Fanatec set is infinitely more versatile and easier to live with because of features like the quick release on steering wheels, a slider on the shifter to quickly swap between h and sequential modes, and a superior and more realistic throw and overall feel to the (Inverted) pedals. I would comment on the handbrake too, but I haven't bothered to get it working yet.

olevet likes this.
  16. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

Yes, these 3 things alone you mentioned are already worhy of an upgrade, changing shifter th8a mode is pain in Bathurst when you just want to drive already.

StyleF1re likes this.
  17. Mad Dog Pagan

Mad Dog Pagan Rookie

My SIM Racing set up. I used to race cars so I was looking for something as close as possible to being in a car. Racing chassis are both Bob Earl chassis that have correct positioning for seat and pedal locations. Monitor stands are also Bob Earl and both are 55" screens. Cars are both Little Tykes twin bed chassis. Red car is Xbox 360 with a Fanatec Porsche wheel and Clubsport pedals. Black chassis is Xbox one with a Thrustmaster TX wheel and T3PA pedals. Both use Tritton Technology surround sound headphones. upload_2018-2-17_19-54-56.jpeg
    upload_2018-2-17_19-54-56.jpeg

Attached Files:

SchumiF399, StyleF1re, Kembro and 4 others like this.
  18. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

That's so cool, very cute!!

paul_wev likes this.
  19. rallyesax

rallyesax Simracer

Original set up, really odd, that s cool :cool:

20. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Marvellous :cool: