1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sim Racing System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lino Carreira, May 1, 2016.

1. mvtl

mvtl Rookie

Hi Jos, saw the mayhem in my mirror. A shame you were taken out, could have been anybody. Anyway you had good pace in quali and race so your chance will come.

For sure it got a bit hairy with those two backmarkers and Andrea. They tried to get out of the way but was just a concurrence of circumstances that led to the touch. No ones fault really. But was for sure intense racing trying to keep the gap to Andrea until that point:)

Also had a hairy moment all by myself a few laps earlier when just before the same corner as where the touch happend my screen went to sleep mode... got it back on just in time to not slide off:) If you, Andrea were wondering why i took a strange line, that particular lap, thats why:)

Let's have some more of those races!

Andrea Lojelo likes this.
  2. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

Or better a "break" ;). Graphics card is replaced now, works well. So I might join as well. Still need to find a bit of laptime (@Donington), will end up around midfield otherwise.. ;).

Andrea Lojelo likes this.
  3. Andrea Lojelo

Andrea Lojelo Radiator Springs Racing Team

Here is the video of yesterday's race (Thursday 19 Jan)

Tonight last Weekly Race at Donington.

On Saturday the Single Main Race at Donington. A single, thrilling race, where every mistake will count.

Just as a reminder, in order to score on all events, every week a driver needs to attend to at least one of the Weekly Races from Sunday to Friday and the Single Main Race.

See you on track!

Quffy likes this.
  4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Youtube recognizes the game as iracing. Maybe because the video wasn't tagged Assetto Corsa or the game name isn't in the title, not sure how youtube recognizes the game in the description below the video.

5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Midfield is public server level. Shame because it could have been a fun championship

TDS likes this.
  6. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

My first race in there, 2nd server was only about four cars. Question: Will this still count in some way (to be recognized in the champ. or whatever) ?
    ' Eight cars is minimum to score points I read somewhere.

p.s.: That less track grip was never and still isn't my thing, it started at 95% (=low) in qualy and still the leader/fastest guy was able to do ' stunning 1:02:xx min. . Need to get quicker anyway, PB is mid 1:03 atm. .

7. Andrea Lojelo

Unfortunately I've to agree with you tonight. Some of the backmarkers ignored blue flags for more than half a lap, braking hard on the chicanes racing against us on full laps.
    A lot of us has been struggling to pass. Some, involved into accidents with backmarkers. Not cool.

8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Sorry to quote you again, but all drivers can attend to the single main race on saturday?

9. Andrea Lojelo

it's only 8 in total, not 8 per server.
    in this case 2 servers were up, so both races were official.
    You can see the results in the standings

M Waechter likes this.
  10. Andrea Lojelo

yes. everyone can join. groups will be based on the championship standings and rating, so groups will be quite homogeneous, in case a lot of people will join.

Looking forward to the first Single Main Race.

11. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

Your posted results/standing links lead to a white, blank page for me. I'll find it elsewhere/-wise on the official page, by myself, hopefully ;).

Edit: Now it works. I need to be logged in. (Tried that days earlier, pre attending any race, on another link, but it didn't work. So, I thought it would not work now 'logged in' as well. But it does ;).)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Thanks, and does this count towards the 6 races average points result? For example if you did 5 races during the week to count your best result and avoided the last one on friday so that your points don't get averaged, will the main race saturday change your points from the week races or is independent and both points results will add up?

13. Andrea Lojelo

No, weekly races are considered as one event, the main race is a different one.
    The 5/6 races count per week is not influenced by the main race.

Points for each track are weekly points + main race

Quffy likes this.
  14. ilema

ilema Rookie

I'm actually using iracing tested this , chaotic subscription system...doesn't even allow me to download the app, naming convention bla bla bla...

15. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I can attest that this week racing has been much worse that then last one in terms of racing etiquette compliance. The only thing that differed it from a public server race was that due to the booking system new people couldn't join in the middle of the race, so you got less backmarkers in the way. There should be a safety rating (MR or your custom one) put in place to filter out those bad eggs and/or some system to file protests to notify admins about things like deliberate wrecking or very unsafe driving. Otherwise it will only get worse over time and good drivers will leave as it is not fun to get your whole race ruined by a clueless backmarker or overaggressive driver. People who are 10 seconds off the pace, don't watch their mirrors and can't keep their car under control should be racing on a separate server with a similar crowd. Maybe you can use MR and split people based on their safety rating, so that A/B guys can race without any C or D drivers on the grid

16. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

On Friday there will always join more 'bad' / occasional people, because it's the end of the week (close to weekend) = more spare time. So maybe it's not always as bad, as it was for you guys yesterday.

17. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

What I saw was happening on Monday

18. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I have to say I agree based on a brief race I did on SRS today. I thought it was bad on public AB-servers as well now-a-days but damn was I spoiled by minorating. It is true that some minimum level is required to keep some people interested (including me) and implementation of MR would make wonders.

19. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

Ok - but btw. anyone like to share a really decent setup (1:02.x possible) ? That might help at least some of them.
    Only one old setup on RSR livetiming for the Dallara can be found, and that was one year ago.. .

Everyone, everywhere keeps them for themselfes only it seems, a bit nerdy that.. ;).

Quffy likes this.
  20. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

In case anyone want to take a peek at the Split 1 of the Saturday RSR Dallara Championship ill leave this here :)