1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sim Racing System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lino Carreira, May 1, 2016.

1. Henrique Alves

Henrique Alves Simracer

We are very pleased to announce the new series for Assetto Corsa!

As previously announced, the national German, Spanish and Portuguese championships start this season.
    The car and calendar will match the 1 hour Euro championship held at 21:00 GMT (Porsche 911 RSR)
    • German Championship - Fridays 20:30 GMT
    • Spanish Championship - Saturdays 20:30 GMT
    • Portuguese Championship - Sundays 21:30 GMT

We will continue to provide championships for different regions:
    • Porsche 911 RSRAmerica: 03:00 GMT
    • Porsche 911 RSR Asia: 15:00 GMT
    • Porsche 911 RSR Euro: 21:00 GMT
      [​IMG]

2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thats really nice, I can see many to participate there :) Thank you.

I wonder which MP4/4 mod will be used. I always thought that this one was better, haven't drove it for so long... But I remember hotlaping at Monaco, and this was more believable to me, judging from the pic in the poster it should be that one
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mclaren-honda-mp4-4.12089/

Pretend racer likes this.
  3. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

Does anyone btw. know the ideal tire pressure and also temperature range for those '88 Good Year F1 tires on that MP4/4 ? :)

4. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Suggestion:

For the races which run every day, multiple times per week, why not rotate the slots on different days.

Some of us on weekdays can only join in maybe 2 of the slots. So I am faced with the same 2 races every single day.
    As it stands I am never going to be able to race the Lotus 25 for example because it races at 1700 when I am still at work and the next time it races I have to be getting to bed.

foppaldo, Tomcul, Biner and 9 others like this.
  5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Was a bit sad that MP4/4 was changed to Jordan, though it might be even more epic mod car. Just finished in 2nd place after finishing from the back. And I just downloaded the mod right before the race. First thing I have done was pushing back the seat and adjusting the view point higher.

Judging from driving performance by total majority in SERVER 1 too much driving of GT3, Miatas and other simple cars doesn't teach much for such car, early 90s Jordan F1.

Check out incidents collumn
    http://www.simracingsystem.com/race...eY9kZWqloqNo&c=YQ==&d=kb27ptOmow==&e=ebe3rcA=

6. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

Simply too many cars on too different speeds (leads to unexpected and early braking of the slower cars), as expected on a server with a quick car like this. I would say.. . But this was only the first race (didn't practice the Jordan as well a single lap before joining the server, since I thought the MP4/4 will be used. So I downloaded the mod last minute as well), sure we will improve in the next ones.
    --
    I would prefer more car skins (even when they are not real ones used + not related to Jordan back than / back in the day '91), because on YT it looks quite a bit boring and 'cheap' to watch (cheaper than it deserves and really is) when almost everyone drives -has to stick to- a green car skin.
    Like the McLaren MP4/4 Mod from the same group, which has McL (of course ;) ), Ferrari, Arrows, Jordan and Williams skins to choose from.
    Would make it much more interesting to watch in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  7. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

What's always a bit annoying (getting almost stuck beside the track on gravel or even just the green) on those cars: You want to put the ride height quite as low as possible, but the downside is -> once you get off the track you've almost no chance to get back out of it (it takes an eternity to get back to the real asphalt track tarmac when your car only moves about 2 km/h on the gravel 'cause of bottoming on the gravel), and so your race is already done (over).. .
    [Happened to me in the very first lap, got off track by myself because of a little front wing damage from a contact resulting in some 'unexpected' understeer = got off the track in the corner before the chicane and it took me 'half a minute or more' to reach some asphalt again.]
    But that's 'realism', don't make it too artificial. It's ok. (Next time I need just more ride height at the front.., also when the car might be slower then.)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah, thats how I easily got one of the higher positions, one guy got stuck on the kerb, I think. I didn't touch ride height, I think Imola like a little bit more of it.

I see race will be repeated tomorrow.

9. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Thanks for adding the Lotus 25, it's a great "drivers" car, lovely when you can feel the rear sliding and balance it with gas and steering, it felt so good at Brands Hatch.

Tomcul and Pretend racer like this.
  10. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

At least the gravel's behaviour is the same on every track. Not only related to Imola, it's the same on every track. The only small difference is: has the section gras or sand(gravel).
    Every car you can put quite low in ride height (for e.g. 10mm-20mm) of course has this "problem", the Dallara F312 as well.

--

Shame I could not join the last race at Imola today, connecting issues when I pressed "Join" (no action at all "connecting TCP 0" besides the usual black screen). And on another event one hour later [GT3 Euro], connection was working again after a modem reset done pre the registration, the "Join" button somehow had disappeared as I came back from Practice at about 21 h.
    It does dissappear as well when your game (AC) crashes after pressing "Exit", and you have to close the AC.exe manually in the task manager to get back to the game menue. The SRS Server registration then somhow is vanished.
    This happened in two or three Dallara F312 registrations @Okayama. Unfortunaltely those races then count as "DNF" -inclusive overall points reduction, though you never even had been able to join the server at any time.. :).
    Maybe something that could be changed in future, if possible.
    [Or myself make sure it will not happen anymore.]

11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

12. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

You'll always need a human being to judge [do a falsification on] any kind of the contacts. So, that's not solveable in an automatic way ;) .

LOEVG likes this.
  13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Please say I'm not the only one having issues with joining the Cobra race...

14. Justray2000

Justray2000 Hardcore Simmer

I couldn’t get on the server for the Audi TT. After registering couldn’t join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Do you use Content Manager to join SRS? There seems to be s problem right now.
    I can’t select any car, it’s just s blank selection box.

16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I don't use CM. I see there are race results so guess it was something on my end. It's a pity, only one Cobra race per week (unlike with the L25), did some practice and missed it. :(

I'm really unlucky with SRS it seems. Both with silly drivers and the service itself. Maybe it's time to let it go then...

17. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Yesterday evening there was an issue with the server, they fixed it on the fly and the event has been hosted with 15 mins delay.
    I was in server #1 and it has been a nice experience: 1h race at Spa with the roaring Cobra.
    Unfortunately as we ended the race, there was again a server crash so the results of our race were screwed :(

18. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yep I was in server 2 and due to the delay only had 8 or 9 people join out of a full grid of 23 which was a shame. Thankfully there was one person with almost the same pace as me who I chased for half the race within 2-3 seconds before I had a little off in blanchimont and slipped back to about 10s behind to finish 2nd. I think only 3 of us finished on the lead lap in the end. At least the results of server 2 were recorded!

Biner likes this.
  19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Cobra is one of my favourite cars so the disappointment was big.
    Oh man that sucks even more than missing the race.

When I was writing my previous post I actually checked fastest laptimes, not race results.

20. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Not really, the race was awesome nontheless, it's a pity for the results gone, but what fun and enjoyment!

V8_KB likes this.