1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sim Racing System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lino Carreira, May 1, 2016.

1. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Why not make it 4 races then, you'd like this one:

;)

upload_2018-2-26_18-13-28.png

2. St3fan

St3fan Alien

R3E seems to be really popular on SRS. I really wonder why AMS and RF2 did not have as many participants...

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

AMS is insanely underrated sim.

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I stopped playing AMS when I got VR. Hopefully Reiza 2099 will have VR support. apparently it will have all the content from AMS so thankfully no GT sim from Reiza :D SRS would probably focus on the popular Brazilian stock cars anyway which is basically the same thing as GT3 :p

5. I haven't gotten to play AMS because of the lack of VR support myself. It's a pity really because next to AC it is the sim I'd like to play most.

colombianomd and Tomcul like this.
  6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Have you sold your screens after purchasing VR, or what ? :D I have tried VR a couple of times, awesome, but it didn't buy me, so I didn't buy it. Another gadget, more cables, more problems...

Surprising how RaceRoom is quite popular, but it is probably not because of VR, but because licensed popular content.

7. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I haven't followed R3E development recently, but didn't Sector3 say they will have some official series and official ranking support in R3E soon? Or has the idea been scraped and SRS is now the way to go?
    I actually have sold 1 of my 3 monitors after I got my Rift (still need the other 2 for video editing and other stuff). My current main sims are AC and LFS. I have limited amount of spare time for sim racing now, so I couldn't find a reason why I should not spend that time with sims that I enjoy and give me great immersion via VR, instead of playing sims that only supports a flat screen, has much fewer players, and looks worse.

Tomcul and mms like this.
  8. Driving on a monitor feels so strange if you race in VR all the time. I don't even recognise the tracks :p

mms likes this.
  9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

But not much is different, different FOV usually, and different depth perception - elevations looks steeper/distances shorter. Well I know that makes a huge difference :D But it really does not transform to a different track, but I only had few chances to use my Nemuno Ziedas track with VR. Maybe other tracks has more effect, but I doubt :D As for car interior, I have felt not much difference for closed cockpit cars, but openwheelers are really awesome in VR, thats where VR shines IMO.

Anyone is planning to have Cobra race at Riverside this evening ? Should be five starts race, unless server will fail like last week it did :/

10. Nemuno Ziedas is indeed frightening in VR :) Open wheelers are indeed the most fun. But still, with closed cockpits you really feel like sitting in the car.

Hmmm.. Cobra on Riverside does look nice. Didn't have a chance to drive it on Thompson last week :(

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  11. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yeah looking forward to that, hopefully the curse of the cobra does not return.

12. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

I'm going to try this out for the first time tonight, hopefully. Does it work with Content Manager?

13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I guess it dosn't, but IDK.

Awesome race at Riverside with Cobras. Really great. A bit messy at the beginning in the Q and with blue flaggers. Even in Split one there were some trying to learn the track, and track is not an easy layout lol, perhaps too much tasks to learn track and look at the mirrors at the same time.

I had smallest ever contact in AC, I don't know if it was small network desync, or cobra collider being slighlty larger than the car.

the contact moment:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guidofoc likes this.
  14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

CM has SRS support, you need to activate it in the options (probably under 'Options - Content Manager - Integrated') and then go to 'Drive - Live - SRS'.
    I've stopped using SRS a while back, but other report that for some SRS works in CM and not for others. Either it doesn't load in general or skin selection is bugged.
    It worked for me and I could join races via CM though.

DaveS78 likes this.
  15. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

It works with CM after enabling CefSharp plugin.

Guidofoc, Schnipp and DaveS78 like this.
  16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

It looks like the white car could do with a little more room but I shouldn't comment from a picture really, the off track car must of been slow from the amount of time it had spent with a wheel out and the yellow car perhaps approached quickly and still wide from the previous corner.

It is a shame it isn't the sports car layout for the Cobra, all the real races I have seen on RSC with Cobra's are at either the sports car or nascar layout (4.18km) although, they wouldn't feature the road going 427 we have either so meh. It is a shame the only evening race in the UK is at 8pm and the only L25 race at 5pm. I did a couple of races on Sunday but doubt I will be joining anything during the week.

17. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yeah the Cobra race was good fun, managed a cheeky 3rd place. Spent most of the race climbing to 4th with Mantas a short distance behind then with a couple of laps to go 3rd put it in the wall at the last corner and I nanaged to squeeze by.

No chance of catching 1st and 2nd. In fact when I look at the timesheets, 6 out of 7 of the remaining top 10 actually had faster laps than me. Obviously they all made mistakes :)

Yes Andy the race timings are annoying; I can't race the Lotus 25 except on the weekend due to 1700 being too early and 2200 too late.

I did try suggesting here that they swap some of the time slots around on some days but nobody from SRS has replied.

Also unfortunately the Cobra only has one race per week; the 2000 slot is different each day Mon to Fri iirc.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  18. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

It's cool to see Cobra on a (awesome quality) mod track gathering full server. Shortly before the race I did some practice... started constantly going off after just 6 laps so I gave up and just waited for the race. Luckily I managed to keep it on track for the whole race, not much action in it for me though.

But I finally had a good race on SRS in the L25 over the weekend, good clean battle for the first few laps.

+1
    +2

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

The 5 or 6 911 RSR series probably take prime time priority :D Which is fair enough, the majority probably prefer crashing those rather than crashing Shelby's or Loti.

20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

At least SRS doesn't lack variety, and can get even mods+classics servers populated all the time.

I agree about L25 times being uncomfortable, and I think Leif idea to shuffle them is good. I also had similar idea a while ago, but my idea was to shuffle european events with american events. It was a bit painful how Mclaren F1 GTR had a championship in last season, but it was only for USA, unless I would have chosen not to sleep one day, I guess same goes for Americans, I bet many would have loved to race Cobras at Riverside yesterday, the very American combo.

I also wish that chats after races would stay a couple minutes longer.

cerebralvortex, LeiF and V8_KB like this.