1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sim Racing System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lino Carreira, May 1, 2016.

1. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

For your information, the daily races with the Porsche GT3 cup 2017 don't have the fixed setup...

I tried it yesterday, thinking "I am cool, I don't have to set the car" and then it was the bad surprise :p
    The panic trying to check the camber, tyres pressure, with 1 minute left before the qualifying :D

I don't know about the Tatuus...

2. LeiF

LeiF Alien

We had a race on SRS recently in Seat Leon TCR at Okayama, it was fixed setup including the fuel (which is 20 litres default).

And yeah you guessed it, we needed to pit during a 20 minute race for about 3 or 4 litres.

Funny thing was it actually made the race more interesting and the pit stops jumbled things up a bit. On the SRS forum nobody complained, instead there are people asking for the mistake not to be corrected for next time as it was fun!

There has also been some discussion on track limits abuse, I watched a vid linked somewhere on this forum recently, this was the worst track limit abuse I have ever seen lol! They are about 2/3 of the track width beyond the actual track, incredible!

upload_2018-4-1_12-41-19.png

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

The different approach to mandatory pitstops lol

4. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Last weekend I tried the Asia race (Porsche GT1 at Barbagallo), sadly I got disconnected not 1 but 4 times.. I remember it was better in the past, did you change servers? I'm playing from China.

5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

What is going on with SRS today?

First the races are not working, now the website is not accessible.
    And it is not that the web server isn't responding, there is some sort of DNS issue.
    simracingsystem.com simply does not resolve for me...

6. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

How is it track limit abuse when the stewards told the drivers it was totally fine to go wide (because they don't have the GPS tools necessary to police track limits at COTA)? The track limits are what the stewards say they are. That race was bloody fantastic regardless of whether they were going over some arbitrary line.

7. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

the web site is working..... at least from the browser

8. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yep working again now!

9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It was crazy yesterday with goodwood and Lancia, was plenty of fun. At first I thought that it is not even going to happen.

It was quite depressing when couldn't join the server multiple times in a row, then almost gave up but somehow server started working. And surprisingly more than half people joined. Then server crashed, and I thought that now server is going to be empty, but fortunately everyone rejoined and we have had full qualification and race with no troubles.

Car was really challenging under heavy braking as rear was getting light plus cold rear tires didn't help. I have reduced toe for bumpy goodwood, stiffer ARB also helped a lot, also lowered rear end just in case and stiffened front springs, car seemed to handle really well, very fun and exciting, not a no brainer plastic physics, but really great to drive believable car.

Start was quite intense lots of close battles, I let through one really overly aggressive guy, he went out later and taken out another driver who probably was too optimistic about racing obviously poorly judged, too aggressive, misguided hot head. Nearly whole race I was in constant 4-5-6 battle changing positions, lots of bumper to bumper action. One guys expressed joy in the chat which always closes too soon after race, other like always didn't say a word, but thats fine, chat is live for way too little anyway. There was a really intense moment in race when we were going through crashed out back markers at St.Marys, one was squeezing to middle, and other nicely kept calm in the middle of the road facing wrong direction as we 4-5-6 passed through nearly going bumper-bumper.

I kept looking where is Leif, I thought he got lost in accidents, but at the end was really surprised to see that he actually won ! Congrats :) Leif did low 1'28 thats pretty much 250GTO pace.

I don't know if I am biased, but to me Goodwood is an excelent racing circuit, the layout has perfect flow and racing just works really well.

Happy that race happened, thanks to all those drivers who despite system problems didn't give up the race.

Typer, chksix and LeiF like this.
  10. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Salute
    I appear to have lost the option to register for races.
    I see the screens as usual detailing the races and the count down clocks but the bar where I would click "register" is there but the word is missing and if I click it it, nothing happens.
    My grade and points are displayed.
    I have not raced for a while, could I be blocked for some reason?

Your advice & guidance is much appreciated
    Friar

daniel.13 likes this.
  11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Are you using Content Manager or the Kunos launcher?

If you use Content Manager, sometimes there are plug-in updates that needs to be installed in CM. (Settings - Content Manager - Plug-Ins)
    It's been a while, but I think the Cef-Sharp plug-in is (one of?) the necessary plug-in for SRS to work in CM.

12. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Ok, thanks Schnipp I will take a look as I do use Content Manager, which I thought I kept updated but perhaps this is a separate update.
    Cheers
    Friar

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, plug-in updates are sometimes manual in CM. If necessary there usually is a notification about outdated plug-ins so you know which one you have to change.

14. Henrique Alves

Henrique Alves Simracer

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Could you please! add a series with road cars only?
    THIS is the most expected within AC community.
    Please think about it....

16. foppaldo

foppaldo Rookie

I'll never be able to race the Alfa with those times. :( ..and not the Seat either. Maaaaybe DTM if I stay up passed bed time.
    6 weeks with GT3. Yay...

Staggered start times, please!

17. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

the seat and alfa are perfect times for me :)

kids and wife packed off to bed then seat at 11 and alfa 12 in bed for 1am then up for work at 6:30 :D

esox71 likes this.
  18. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

So how many days does it take to get

account approved from admin?

Registered for SRS and no email.

Even emailed them and asked and nothing.

19. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

20. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

I did. Used real name. First and surname.

Followed their instructions on website.

Pretty sure I wasn't banned. I was member when they first launched SRS but I only did one race. And that time they didn't require first and last name.