1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SimHub plugin: Automatic steering wheel hardlock/softlock (SimuCUBE, Thrustmaster)

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Havner, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Havner

Havner Rookie

I'm not asking you to test CM with ACC, but to test CM with original AC. My code is based on the code of Content Manager. If it works there it means I broke something. If it doesn't it means they broke something and I not having an access to TS-PC wouldn't know how to fix it.

2. GeriSoft

GeriSoft Rookie

Understand, but I have no AC and CM, as I tried that in the past, and after some tweaking the full game getting buggy, I deleted all. I will check if I can reinstall them, and will back with the result.

3. GeriSoft

GeriSoft Rookie

Hi, the problem maybe the name of the device. In normal mode it is ts-pc racer and the simhub log said found supported device when starting the acc lock plugin
    I am using the wheel advanced mode to reach more buttons, in this case the device name is thrustmaster_advanced_mode_racer and the log say no supported wheel found. Please add this name to supported devices and maybe will work

4. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

You mean the same way that touching absolutely nothing does?

5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Oh come on, at least quote the whole sentence:

Touching nothing gives you no hardlock (or softlock for that matter)

Havner likes this.
  6. pankykapus

I quoted the part that will confuse people into the assumption that they'll need to run 3rd party software to have correct rotation per car, whereas they could just leave everything alone. If you're relying on soft lock while driving, you're doing something wrong.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

OK, fair point. Still, the plugin is for correct toration and hardlock. Hardlock is imo very practical when you need to turn your car around after you've spun out so you don't turn the wheel too far. It also helps my immersion.

Havner, AndyK70 and Interchangeable like this.
  8. @pankykapus If that's the case then why do almost of all of the esport guys lock their steering to the car and not set it to 900 or 1080 for example? If the game is setting the steering lock on a per car bases then they shouldn't be doing it, correct? I think some clarification wouldn't go a miss here. Although I ,personally, have it set at 900 and let the game do its thing.

Havner likes this.
  9. Havner

Havner Rookie

You quoted the part that was the easiest for you to make a laugh from. Instead maybe you'd show some respect for people that implement features for your sim you as Kunos dev did not. Your sims are the ONLY ones on the market that don't have this option. Does the wheel in the real car rotate past the point of the lock?

Where did the description of my plugin say that you need to rely on this feature while driving? If you're so good at quoting please show me.

nelson 3 likes this.
  10. pankykapus

If they do it only in the game and not the driver, they are doing it all wrong, whether esports or not, and if they do it both in the driver and the game, it's completely pointless, because leaving 900/900 or 1080/1080 in both is perfectly sufficient, the game does the rest.
    Workarounds to the lay user do more harm than what they fix, making people confused about the necessity of such things and potentially have them run wrong steering ratios in return for a feature you quite literally never have to rely on while driving is not a positive, regardless of the intention.

Interchangeable likes this.
  11. Havner

Havner Rookie

No they do it in the driver AND acc. Basically doing what my plugin does automatically. You seriously believe that esports drivers would be so inexperienced as to even make an argument of this in a discussion. I lack words.

You're ciritising something you have no idea about? If you follow the simple instructions it's impossible to get a wrong steering ratio here. ACC doesn't give clear instructions as well. I can easily see someone having 1080 in driver and 900 in ACC and having wrong steering ratio as well just with your game.

And have fun taking a rotated car from grass back to the road without any form of lock. Maybe instead you'd re-target your effort to talk to programmers to offer a softlock in game as once again, your sims are the only ones on the market that don't have this option. The fact that others do and that people look for a way to achieve this in ACC should be telling you something.

nelson 3 likes this.
  12. pankykapus

You should read some of the community discords or other discussion platforms, you'd lose words but for an entirely different reason. You have no idea about the amount of snake oil present generally in this discussion.

13. Havner

Havner Rookie

Again, quoting the least important part of the discussion. You have a talent sir!

nelson 3 likes this.
  14. pankykapus

I understood the rest, but I cannot offer more in that, I replied to the parts that were relevant to the original point.

It's not a priority in the programming part and it's not a necessity in the driving part.

15. Havner

Havner Rookie

I'll give you one more. To have a proper steering ratio in ACC you need to:
    1. Set an X value in the driver
    2. Set the same X value in the sim.
    3. Make sure the X value is >= the steering lock of the car they're driving.

To have a proper steering ratio with my plugin you need to:
    1. Set 0 value in the sim (and you get a hw lock for free).

Somehow I see the first one as an issue. Maybe that's the reason you see so many discussions on the discord.

The second part is subjective. Lots of people don't agree with you. The first part is a real pity as again it shows you don't listen to your user base. Implementing softlock is easy (and don't tell me that programming is hard and I know nothing, etc, etc. I do programming for a living in low level stuff for 20+ years). And would make lots of people happy.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  16. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

This is complete BS and the most useless piece of crap Ive seen for a while.

17. sizziano

sizziano Gamer

I don't understand why you're acting so smug about the sim you're a developer on not simulating the literal most basic aspect of a steering system. Like what? Every single car ever produced locks the steering wheel when reaching full lock yet this isn't a priority to implement in development for some reason. Embarrassing behavior.

Havner likes this.
  18. Thanks for this tool, this work perfectly on Simucube 1
    No doubts that will be in-game implemented, in Kunos I trust .