1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Simple (ha what do I know..) idea for rolling starts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DD_Friar, Jan 24, 2016.

1. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Tick box on sever settings to indicate rolling start for race
    If true start lights are Amber instead of red with added text "Rolling Start"
    Leave it to racers to police

"Ok Nurse...I am ready to go back to my room now....."

Glaurung and Horus like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple settings in-game for crisp image? Feb 6, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple BestSetting VR for G2 3080ti 90fps Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Andy Host Can't configure a simple server Aug 10, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC League Management Website - Simple, Easy to use and Free! May 19, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Assetto Corsa Competizione / Server Creation Tool / Guide / Simple and Easy Setup Oct 5, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Seems like there are many simple fixes to improve the VR experience that Kunos could be making Mar 10, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Game won't start with Pimax5k+ [Simple Fix] Apr 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Needle in a Haystack, just a simple question. Jan 26, 2019
    ACC Gameplay A simple question Jan 17, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Request - Simple Sector/Lap Times Nov 25, 2018
    ACC Hardware Discussions ACC Support for EDTracker... it's really simple to implement :) Oct 1, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Are non visible AI on simpler physics? Sep 29, 2018
    Audio Bugs & Issues Complete loss of on-track audio: possible (and simple) solution. Oct 17, 2017
    Suggestions text-shadow to simple label May 20, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Free and simple video capturing May 16, 2017

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I know is simple, all they gotta do is make a checkbox in acServerManager and we have rolling starts.

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

so

Dim rollingstart as boolean

if rollingstart.text = 1 then
    rollingstart = 1
    else delete system32
    end if

and everything made sense forever

@Lord Kunos hire me now. :p

5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Set rollingstart to true instead of 1 and you're hired.

Glaurung and Alessandro Greghi like this.
  6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

give me a minute, gonna convert this to the brain**** language.

7. I wonder if they can do the same thing for rain?

Just make it "rain = true".

WallyM, D1visor and Glaurung like this.
  8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I suspect the issue is the penalties the sim would have to apply for people not behaving on the formation lap and the rolling start.

Irc some leagues already perform their own rolling starts. Lights go green, everyone starts a formation lap, but then everyone has to agree to play nicely, or someone sensible has to play steward...

Leemstradamus likes this.
  9. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

People not behaving during formation lap would be bashed by Minorating or league admins.

10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I mean not following the rules rather than actually crashing into folk.

The actual rl rules can be complex, not driving too slowly, too fast, not overtaking before a specified track point which isn't usually start/finish, have to maintain position relative to other cars alongside...

11. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

ha what do I know..
    Nothing, and you should refrain from talking.
    I'm a programmer as well and I'm every day confronted to people that tell me:
    - should be simple to...
    - you just have to...
    and all the variants you can come up with.

People that don't know can talk, people that do know usually don't talk & want to hide because of the first:)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  12. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

The StopDropGaming rolling start procedure (happy to share)

Rolling Start Procedure:

1. All racers are to line up in single file for the formation lap in their qualifying position.
    2. Always stay behind the car directly in front of you until race starts.
    3. Pole position dictates the pace but must not exceed 130kph / 80mph until exit of the final bend on the formation lap.
    4. The race starts when the pole/pace driver crosses the start line for lap 2.
    5. There is no overtaking before you cross the start line - it's deemed as an illegal pass and will incur a penalty.
    6. Contact rules apply to warm up lap.
    It works but is reliant on driver honesty, pole sitter controlling the pace and stewards review of replay (which doesn't take long as it's only one lap).

Ideally rolling start wouldn't be single file but this simplifies things without an in built system.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    donShere likes this.
  13. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

IT WON'T HAPPEN BRO!
    ****ing get over it.

14. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Directed at me?

15. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Yes but I didn't mean it as an insult.
    We just won't see it in AC that's all.

16. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

I was just posting our procedure - I wasn't making a request, in fact my post kind of suggests rolling starts work without Kunos development.....

ED. although if there was one built in it would be easier.

17. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

No worries :)

18. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Unless you know that for sure, take your own advice and don't say anything. I bet the devs love randoms on the forum telling others what is and is not going to happen in their game about as much as you like randoms and their "should be simples."

I could care less either way, I don't race online, but seriously...

19. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

things have been said and repeated long over times - welcome to the forum though.

20. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

It won't work on an average open server with 24 random people where half of them haven't got a clue about even the basic racing etiquette. But works perfectly for leagues.

21. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I think that for this type of game fast rolling start would be more suited.

But as mentioned it probably ain't gonna happened in any form