1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Simplified physics and ai for distant ai-cars making bigger grids possible

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by plaid, Jul 11, 2014.

1. plaid

plaid Alien

Hello,

I hope their is no thread with this exact topic (I only saw one of making distant cars invisible).

Cause even people with modern cpu's can get problems with a full grid (AI!) sometimes, I would suggest to decrease the calculations for physics and/or the AI from cars that are further away from the players car, IF this isnt allready the case.

With the Nordschleife coming in the near future and my experience on the NS in other games, where you were mostly limited to 8-20 cars, which often lead being with just a 2 or 3 around you or even completly alone, which greatly dicreased the potential of racing on it, my suggestion and the inivisiblity of cars that are far away could make it maybe possible to get 40 or maybe even 60 cars on it, anyway probably more then 20 (not with my CPU/Phenom X4 955, maybe :D).

For me it would be a dream come true to drive a real race, so a much higher densitiy in the field, like on a regular circuit, on the nordschleife and finally enjoying its full potential once.

Thx for your attention.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    Deatroy likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Kunos, will app installation ever be simplified for casual users? Jan 14, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes I 've made a simplified-Chinese language pack Nov 28, 2013
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Physics settings ( PIRELLI 265/645-18 DH, DHB, WH ) Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Physics New physics didn't work for the BMW M4 GT3 May 2, 2023
    ACC User Interface Simulation is not only the physics!!! Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Blog The ACC V1.9.0 physics notes document Apr 19, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Small excel tool to edit car physics Jan 15, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Is it possible to change physics values in game with Python? Sep 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashes in MP endurance race UE4 & Physics (12h) Mar 12, 2022
    ACC Physics ABS problem ? Physics ? What happened here ? Dec 7, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Сar does not move [Duplicate report from Physics] Dec 1, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 400hz physics refresh rate. Nov 24, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Physics issue with road cars in AC 1.16.X Oct 29, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Realistic physics? Aug 29, 2021

3. Arch

Arch Alien

Perhaps something like rFactor where you can adjust, yourself, the complexity of AI suspension simulation and partly tire simulation.

I think making AI tire simulation simpler would allow us to add in 20 or so cars more with no problems.

4. Bad idea....

5. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

in rF2 it works great.
    Assetto or Kunos is the first game/dev who let calculate the full physics for the AI.
    If even the i7 4770K can get cpu overhead, then .... atleast give us a option for simple AI calculations.

6. Arch

Arch Alien

The AI behavior is very interesting indeed, but it doesn't have to be so interesting if you're not next to them.

200m away you won't see the difference some more complexity makes, but your CPU sure will.

Deatroy likes this.
  7. Maybe Kunos is actually striving to make a better sim. Rather than downgrading to match the current hardware. They will continue development to 2018, computers will be better even then.

And remember how well all of the "groundbreaking" sims used to run (rfactor, gtr2, etc). Well it was bad. That's the cost of improvement. Now they get 250 FPS on my pc.

8. Arch

Arch Alien

You don't get it, right now AC is running with 100% complexity because they haven't got to optimizing it yet. It's not about making a better sim, because the added complexity at range adds nothing.

Would Arma be better if every single AI outside of view was slightly more complex, resulting in useless CPU cycles and overheating after an hour?

9. plaid

plaid Alien

A 100% use of a complex AI and/or physics from cars that a far away from me or the cars nearest to me have no affect on me in a race. No, nada, niente. I dont care about what is in a few years cause I want to play the game now, besidse I dont even know if I will be interestet in the future or a (subjectively) better sim will be released (which could even happen in November for example).

But it got an effect if Im racing with 2-3 cars at a radius of 1km or even all alone, cause it isnt a race anymore. In MP you rarely find a race on the NS with more then 3-8 players and even for that you have to wait often quite some time. I dont know how other people spent their freetime, but I there are nicer things then to wait on a PC.
    And with better sim, I mean the overall package. That includes content like cars and tracks, features like weather and pit stops but a optimised AI or MP with a big amount of players.
    Snoops Nord is great, but in MP mostly useless, if many races end in hotlapping. It will be probably better with Kunos NS, but I wouldnt necessarly expect it.

Its similiar to LODs in graphics and ARMA is only possible (with these graphics), cause not everything km's away is fully detailed happening or visualised, many things, that dont got any effect on you or you can see, anyway.
    So overall I just see reasons that speaks for that suggestion, but nothing against it, besides the work and time thats necessary and depending on Kunos will and their priorities, for sure its their decission.
    But I see a opportunity here, for sure in case its executed in the right way.

10. Actually we ve had almost the same cpu power since early 2011 -the difference for me between a 2500k and a 4790k is negligible- and the same goes for gpus.-im talking about mainstream cpus and gpus-

only now there are talks about the new nvidia gen cards but were still months away from release.

edit to add that a well coded game-sim is more relevant -remember crysis- than stunning visuals followed by a huge fps hit

Queequeg likes this.
  11. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Tonga from AMD, Maxwell from nv wont have a big power boost, they will be more efficient while beeing same fast.
    And 2016 we will see new Intel Broadwell/Skylake cpu and AMD FX cpu, but again there wont be more power, also more efficient.
    Atleast an option for the AI would be nice^^

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

12. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

As far as AI goes, if they include a lower spec'd algorithm for distant AI drivers I'd like the option to switch that off. I like that the AI is using the exact same physics, and my CPU usually gets it done.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But usually the fps and occupancy get softer throughout the race, the more intense moments are at the grid and on the first corners. So I guess it kinda works that way, less cars around you, less impact on your hardware, but the game is still simulating the other cars at 100%. But either way, I think you can still get +95% occupancy during the whole race, I had it once, but I only have an i3 cpu..

14. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I hope they will optimize this game a bit more indeed. Being only able to drive online with 30-40 fps on a high end cpu is pretty sad

15. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Don't the AI already have simplified physics already?

16. plaid

plaid Alien

Could be possible. If the AI is far away my fps increase. Especially on the Nordschleife. But i didnt test much and have not more insight in whats calculated, then anybody else.

17. mms

mms Alien

Unless you constantly get the CPU warning I don't think the FPS depends much on the CPU, it really depends more on the GPU you have.

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Well when you smack into an AI car they don't respond in the same way as if they hit you, so for that reason, I don't think the physics are the same, at least with collisions.