1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SimRacers That like street cars vs Race Cars vs Both

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tiago Lima, Apr 10, 2014.

?

What Type o Sim cars do you like ?

1. Race Cars

46 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Road Cars

25 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. You Like to Drive Street And Race Cars

104 vote(s)
    59.4%
  1. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

Was The name says there are this 3 type of persons , And i want to know your opinion about why some people dont like Road cars (bare in mind is not normal day by day cars like the 1m and e30 etc ) , and why some people dont like to drive Race cars in simulator.

My opinion ?

-People that don't like street cars are fast with Gt / cars with slicks and are slow with road cars .

-People that don't like Race cars are fast or average with street cars and and are slow with race / cars with slicks

-People that like both are fast with both , or just want to drive and have fun and learn all the cars , or are fast with both

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Simracers storytime (TL;DR - I really, really enjoy ACC) Dec 10, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Republic Of Simracers http://republicofsimracers.com Feb 10, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Simracers dictionary Oct 12, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Gsr the gentlemen simracers Aug 11, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Next-gen trees in simracers Feb 10, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Hi there fellow simracers Aug 21, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Simracers.es hotlap app - version 5.5 available!! Nov 24, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Virtual TechArt GTstreet R now available for racing simulation Assetto Corsa Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 12 hr charity race for Great Ormond Street Hospital - hosted by RWB International Sep 23, 2022
    Screens & Videos Street Drifting Crew At Yama Ga Tomaranai Mountain | Nissan Silvia S15 | Assetto Corsa Jul 25, 2021
    Screens & Videos RWD Evo hitting the streets of Japan Mar 15, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Clouds too bright under street lamps Feb 15, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Exactly how much difference is there between 90's / vintage Street and modern Street? May 9, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Streetfight Revival Server Dec 9, 2019

3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

both, because they are both fun in their own way

Turk, Rui Santos and Tiago Lima like this.
  4. I am average in street cars and slightly below average in race cars speed wise. I enjoy both although If I had to pick one or the other it would be street cars. (fortunately I was able to choose both in your poll)

I've owned and driven a few high performance street cars so I have a better understanding of what I think they should feel like in a sim is the reason I would choose street cars if I had to make a choice.

Mogster likes this.
  5. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

I'm number 3. Not fast but I enjoy to learn how to drive each car and discover it's own specifics

Tiago Lima likes this.
  6. plaid

plaid Alien

Huge topic. There are many factors.

First its there are so many things you like about a car and that can evoke emotions. Regarding street-tracks there is more potential in the appearance, so as long as you dont actually drive and the fact you can drive them anywhere (even you cant use legally use their potential, which you can do with a mountanbike, what I love about it :)).
    Or you are purely focused on motorsport, so race cars, where its less about the single car.

Overall you can argue what a race car have to be one. For some its a WTCC or GT cause the adjustments for racing, other demand the whole car to have to be purposebuild, like a prototype. Some modern street cars, are easier to drive tzhen some old race cars, BTW.

It highly depends what you do with it sometimes. Racing in a grid or driving fast alone (+maybe cruising/drifting/...) on a wide circuit or tight country road.
    I prefer driving GT-racecars in a race on circuits and street cars only on civil roads, rallye-tracks etc.

For some modern racecars are too easy or not enough character. I wouldnt want to race 30 laps with a MP4, but prefer it on just driving fast on JP, cause there is so much goin on! The E30 DTM is really great on it, too! The size of the place where you can dance on the limit is much much higher then in a GT3.

AC is focussed on circuit-races, but there is much potential for several kinds of racing and driving. What counts is the base, so physics and then graphics and sounds. Without that I actually would be better on with other titles, but Forza for example, just doesnt do it for me.

Edit: Ah and you sure can like something, while not being good. The T125 is too much for me, at least at the moment.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Qwaribo likes this.
  7. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

3rd choice ; I'm slow in all :confused:, but loving every minute and getting faster (less slow)

Sickboy74 and Enzo Martin like this.
  8. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

I'm both..

I like to have fast times, but much more important to drive beautiful racing lines! Driving a beautiful lap on a track is for me heaven! :D Fast or slow..

nivadepi likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I will drive anything I have even driven the sim goat :D

10. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

Nicee One :p

In sim Racing what mater is driving a car , after all , is what its all about ,driving every car is a car

11. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

Race cars, a circuit is for race cars in my opinion. A road car can't handle the stress of circuit racing for a long period of time. Brakes fade, street tires can't handle it for long, suspension is always a compromise between sporty and comfort on a road car. You have real hardcore streetcars like the 911 GT3 RS, and stuff like that, but they are more suited for the track then the road. The ride is so hard on the public roads!
    I love motorsports, GT and touringcar racing. And i'm slooooooooow:)

12. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

Can't agree with the original premise of the thread beyond the obvious observation that people tend to be slightly quicker than their basic pace in cars they've spent a lot of time in than those they haven't. I'm about the same pace relative to others regardless of what I'm chucked in assuming a reasonable setup and a bit of practice, and that seems to be about right for everyone else as far as I can tell with the possible exception of those who're just starting out.

Personally, I couldn't really give a wotsit about cars on an abstract level and am far more fussed about racing the things. In my experience at least, the level of challenge and entertainment is set entirely by the opposition with the car itself being only a minor component of it.

13. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

I dont know if is what you are trying to say but what usually spends is that people that usually drive race cars , pick up a street car and go drive it doing some laps in it and being very far from WR and then give up and go back to the type they prefer , the result is that they dont get enougt pratice , and what is needen to be fast in any kind of car is practice no practice no speed

14. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

Both for me I am slow in everything in every sim/game :oops:but I have fun :D

Tiago Lima likes this.
  15. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

What I'm trying to say is the distinction between "road" and "race" is irrelevant when it comes to pace and what matters is a combination of a driver's basic pace and their familiarity with the car. Whether a simulated car would be road legal in reality just doesn't matter.

Tiago Lima likes this.
  16. Horus

Horus Alien

Car, van, truck, go kart, bus, tractor, lorry, quad bike if it has an engine I'll race it, or crash it whatever comes first. :)

Turk, martcerv, Qwaribo and 3 others like this.
  17. Closegrip1

Closegrip1 Racer

Of course a third option.

18. damys

damys Racer

road cars are for car enthusiast, race cars are for people who love competitions and win something .. but i like some race car like Z4 GT3 , 599XX, Zonda R and Fxx.

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If the physics are good driving something not really intended for the purpose can be lots of fun on a track. A great example is this top gear van challenge.

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Option 3, and the fact I can tick it makes AC great.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but road cars really need roads not racetracks to be appreciated. Take the Fiat 500 round Silverstone and it feels like a snail, drive along JP and it comes alive.

mangal likes this.
  21. She was an amazing drive.