1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SimRacers That like street cars vs Race Cars vs Both

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tiago Lima, Apr 10, 2014.

?

What Type o Sim cars do you like ?

1. Race Cars

46 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Road Cars

25 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. You Like to Drive Street And Race Cars

104 vote(s)
    59.4%
  1. Turk

Turk Alien

I can have fun driving anything. In real life I don't get to drive fancy cars but I've driven my fair share of commercial vehicles. Transits and sprinters of all shapes and sizes, truck and forklifts and everyone of them fun in their own right. I've put a few vans sideways that probably aren't supposed to go sideways. :p

2. Horus

Horus Alien

Paul, I was all 'F*** NO!' with your 'She was an amazing driver', thinking she had gone to the great big track in the sky (No not Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez). Phew!! She is a great racer. :D

3. sonicshadows

sonicshadows Gamer

Race cars primarily but I do like light weight simple road cars (lotus, e30 m3) that are balanced in speed handling and braking, although I cant stand street tyres.

Stepy likes this.
  4. Ryno917

Ryno917 Alien

Race cars. While I'm a designer in real life, I'm still very mechanically minded and think a lot like an engineer (I'm much less "blue-sky" than most designers). I like purposefulness, I like intent, I like reason. Race cars just speak more to that than street cars ever will.

Stepy likes this.
  5. justDrive

justDrive Racer

I prefer race cars over street cars 1000 times over but street cars can be very fun in the real world when I compare them to racing when doing TT with a mostly stock mazda speed3... When it comes to sim racing I have less awareness so driving street cars are less fun as I have less awareness for grip and all in all they just aren't even close to the mighty and beautiful gt and formula cars

mangal and Stepy like this.
  6. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

You might want to try Reiza Studios Formula Truck 2013 ;)

The power of these things is astonishing (1200hp +) but the braking distances are huge. My first couple of races were "Ooops, may have braked a little late there........ yup definitely braked a little late...... I'm going to run a bit wide........ I'm going to run very wide...... I'm not going to make the corner....... I might even hit that big truck in front...... I am going to hit that truck in front..... I'm going to hit it quite heavily..... make that really heavily....... and there's nothing I can do about it....... any time now........ here it is.....................BOOM!"

ekosan and Tiago Lima like this.
  7. I haven't played it in a while but I love Formula Truck.......they aren't even trucks, they are drifting beasts!!

8. Stepy

Stepy Racer

Race cars ! better tyres/handling/braking/acceleration/hp etc, you can really push them to the limit, street cars i can`t drive at all to much rear end sliding and useless brakes....

9. Artikbot

Artikbot Rookie

I'd rather drive tuned street cars, but I do like driving GT cars too. On the other hand, I hate driving Formulas and street exotics/supersport cars.

10. Asking if I like street cars or race cars is like asking what I like more, blondes, brunettes, or redheads.....and the answer is yes.

11. Grzesiek Zabielski

Grzesiek Zabielski Hardcore Simmer

Race cars only for sure

12. Juutas

Juutas Racer

Opel/Vauxhall license and old school DTM cars! Opel Calibra DTM, Astra DTM etc!!!

And this track too would be awesome in some point!!!

13. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I'm a Racing enthusiast therefore voted Race Cars, Road Cars in a sim does'nt interest me that much, sure I take them for a spin for a few laps when they're released to appreciate the work and see what they're like. But eventually it all boils down to racing for me, and racing in road cars just does'nt appeal, they have to be proper racing cars for me to properly enjoy.

Stepy likes this.
  14. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I like track-focused machinery, most of all. That includes most race cars obviously, but it also means that many road cars fit the bill as well. Cars that are lightweight and don't have an overwhelming amount of power relative to the grip produced tend to be quite fun. I basically want something I can lean on with a bit of confidence. I'm not a fan of tiptoeing around tracks with something that wants to kill me if I dare make the tiniest mistake. These sorts of cars might be fun for people to play around with, but I want cars that are 'raceable'.

Stepy likes this.
  15. Enzo Martin

Enzo Martin Racer

Both....., I love driving anyway.

16. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

I am not a very good driver but i love doing random laps all over and over with every car and every circuit

17. Louizf

Louizf Racer

For me, liking a car or not is not directly related if you go faster or slower.
    I'm terrible with cars that understeer to much like the 458, but I love racing with it, even if I'm terrible:p

Although I expend a lot of time on street cars also, I tend to have much more fun with race cars in general. So I voted that I prefer race cars.:)

18. Louizf

Louizf Racer

There's a going modelling a van on the modding section. I looking forward to it.:)

19. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

Yee thats true in asseto some cars im slow , but its a blast to drive them

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Imagine one of these in AC, maybe Marco should be phoning Scania :D