1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Simracing on consoles a dead end street?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by George Bavaria, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Hi guys and girls oh soory hi girls and guys ; o)
    First of all this should be no thread to blame some developers. It should be a discussion why the situation is like it is. There many restrictive factors that it seems to make it hard to be successful on consoles.
    The very successful Project Cars is no real simulation when it comes to physics imo. Project Cars 2 seems to be on a better way. But the fact that SMS say no that I would be perfect playable with controller must be no indication that the physics improved in the wrong way.
    The next titles that could be a more serious sims is GTR3.
    I'm personally be sure that there could be a place on consoles what players belong. But given MS and Sony the right frames and on the other sides are the devolpers right prepared for that market. What role play the publishers and how can stand the devolpers the pressure from all sides?

MaxStrong01 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Sep 6, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Aug 9, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] Pagani Zonda R - Sprint Series | Thursdays Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Europe Sprint Series | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Feb 28, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Europe Sprint Series | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Jan 28, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Sprint Series | Fridays [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] IER Corvette DP - Sprint Series | Fridays Aug 3, 2022
    ACC Tools SimRacing Management System Jul 16, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room TORA GT Sprint Cup - Sundays 1500 EDT [SimRacing-GP.net][PC] Jul 11, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Sprint Series | Fridays [SimRacing-GP.net] Jun 1, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Huracan ST'15 - Sprint Series | Fridays [SimRacing-GP.net] Mar 30, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] Tatuus FA01 - Sprint Series | Fridays Feb 25, 2022

3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

There is a place for sim racing games but the developers have got to release these games in a much more polished condition. P cars had all the features racers want, but was so bug ridden you couldn't race online for months after release. Assetto released with bugs but hardly any features gamers want, plus the biggest own goal I've ever seen, no private lobby's in a racing game on a console. So a lot of the gaming community just got rid of both games after a week.
    There's definitely demand out there, forza 6 online lobby's are still full after 2 years. If the sim developers released there games in a much more playable condition there's a big market out there waiting for them.

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I don't think it's a dead end but very uncertain. The "entry fee" for dev studios to release on consoles is much higher than to release on PC (in terms of QA, actual fees etc.). So in order to make that work you'll need high sales numbers in the first place. Sims don't have these sales numbers, compared to GT, Forza and also pCars.

So the dev studios simply need to cater to a large audience (awesome graphics, features galore, sh*ts and giggles) in order to make it pay and the next idea "Physics is good enough, let's leave it as is to save money." is just one tiny step away - the abovementioned large audience will buy, nonetheless.

So it will simply not pay off for your usual small sim dev studio. Kunos venturing into that is absolutely exotic and IMO will not happen often, again.

If you're that much into sim racing that this topic bothers you, a 700 € PC hooked up to your TV as a pseudo console (and faster than an actual console) is your weapon of choice. You will not lose any sleep over the future of sim racing then because on the PC it looks good with 4 pure sims (AC, rF2, AMS, iRacing) currently available, 1 indy rally sim at the horizon (gRally) and the next GTR also coming in.

Luisandro and Radfahrer like this.
  5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I think, while not being the opportunity of the century, pure sims on consoles can be something natural. Assetto has over a million users (Stefano said that and when Kunos was bought they said Assetto had sold 1,4 million units), according to Steam Spy (which is quite accurate when the sales pass over 30k) Assetto has 500k users. That's at least another half a million on consoles. Not bad at all for a pure simulation with an extremely poor gaming component compared to other games on consoles.

I hope GTR3 will be successful too, that PCars 2 is close enough to the pure simulators and that other sims get to consoles. I know that PC it's the best place to be, but I still prefere consoles for some reasons.

Manu8019, Luisandro and MaxStrong01 like this.
  6. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I wouldn't say"dead", but they're going in that direction for sure.

In AC's side they just dont have enough content and this will be so for another year or so, such a shame. I'm big fan of AC but to me game is almost dead/boring to play. They need second version AC 2 with more cars, even more tracks and then we can talk but game physics is in this case not enough to hold the game high.

pCars will be Arcade/sim, allot of cars and tracks, ppl will buy that crap I'm sure in that but they didn't forget the first release and it's almost
    Over 70€!!!

GrannTurismo sport-I preordered it and tbh I'm hyped!! They improved a lot of stuff so this will be my first choice of ripping the game up (play the game much).

I just hope that AC will come alive I really hope it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Gameplay not being one of them, in fact it has regressed. AC needs more tracks, but no way has anyone come close to mastering 50 cars let alone 150, whilst I would like more cars, that certainly is not a negative of AC. Btw GTS has the same amount of cars whilst only 80 of them are unigue, and a number of them fake cars. Around the same amount of tracks, but only around 5 real world tracks. 2 ovals with no suitable cars. A boring highway track, flat polished surfaces, a couple of other half passed tracks just to pad the numbers. Very sterile looking driving from cockpit view with no vibrations. It still has a central axis point on the cars too, a fundamental flaw in the pbysics. The only improvement I see is the livery editor. As along time gt player I'm not sure what there is to be hyped about. Which is why its the first GT in 20 years I will completely ignore.

8. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

I think there's definitely a place for sims on console, as for Pcars 2 being perfectly playable on a game pad it's not necessarily down to a change in physics that has made it better to use but possibly a change in the programming of the game pad coding?

Lewisxbone likes this.
  9. 3n3rg0n83

3n3rg0n83 Gamer

Assetto Corsa appeared to be a ray of light in the world of racing simulator on console, and no matter the lack of features from the very beginning (and considering the gap in terms of content with regards of the PC version) still remains for me one of the best product I ever bought.
    I really hope that after the acquisition by 505 of the racing title there will be no impact on the game support and "life", as it really deserves to have a long life and a "no end" street toward it...

10. dawg

dawg Racer

Can't agree more. For me it's the driving experience, not the amount of features. :)

Dave53 and Gurkensepp like this.
  11. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

iirc it has a host of assists. Steering etc. I might be imagining I saw that.

12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I can agree with y'all two but all the same cars and tracks are bit boring. That's in my case here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I wished a game like A.C. since the main "driving" game was Out Run and like me I am sure there are a lot of people.
    The choice of a console instead of PC in my case is only because it is more easy and time saving. You do not need to go crazy wth PC hardware and software upgrades also if you have to accept some performance compromise.
    I disagree regarding Project Cars: if you set at zero all the driving assistance and you are able to set the steer in the proper way (not easy) it will give you a good level of simulation not comparable to Granturismo or Forza which really are semi-arcade games.
    Anyway we do not have data to say how much is bigger the market for simulation on consoles but the Software Houses and the Publisher for sure know much more about it and if we consider that recently they are more and more launching driving simulation on console then this segment probably is considered potentially interesting

14. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

I think in our community, we would like some additional tracks, but the pain for us, is the lack of a proper replay system which can be used for online races. We need this to review incidents between drivers.
    I'm sure we are not the only racing community that has this issue.

A little more control in lobbies for Admins and the ability to enforce total pitstops allowed, tuning allowed / disallowed, etc would all be very welcome enhancements.

The game is not dead for us, but the competition from other games will put pressure on AC purely on the abilities and futures those games will give us.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Dave53 likes this.
  15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Is not really a big issue IMO. In our league when there is a crash happens that the "victim" will probably save the replay with the share button.

16. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

We do that as well, but you only save the view that you have when the incident happens. A hit from behind while you are in a cockpit view basically leave you blind. In most other games I play, the replay can be saved and the various views cycled, even jump into another car and view the incident from that angle.

None of this is remotely possible in AC or saving via the share button on the PS4.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

17. 3n3rg0n83

3n3rg0n83 Gamer

...well I hope to get "very soon" a post from Kunos that will push away all the doubts and fear, but my opinion (and I do hope to be wrong) is that the console versions will only be aligned some day to the PC version in terms of DLCs, but we cannot expect any new feature or improvement of the game as we know at the time being. The PC version of AC is the only mature, and it is the only one still supported directly from Kunos itself, whereas for the console anyone having issues/feature requests would head to 505 support page...let the time ticks out and wait for any update. Today I opened three new tickets (2 bugs, 1 minor improvement suggestion)...but I am not expecting a feedback soon...

18. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Console players (Including myself) tend to move between games, trying out different titles rather than concentrating on one.

The xbox & ps4 versions tempted people; a lot were immediately disappointed and left, but some of us were hooked. There is plenty there in the console title to show us how good the game is.

As a console player, there is no point in me pining for the extra features the PC game has. If I really want them that badly, I can save up and upgrade to PC.

I think the console versions were a great way for Kunos to find new customers. Fundamentally though, on console, I still consider AC to be a game. A game for grown ups, but nonetheless, still a game.

If you want to go into the realm of simulation, you need the rig, the screens or VR, and the processing power to create the most realistic experience possible.

For full blown sim racing then, I think consoles probably are a dead end street.

For simply racing against other like minded players though, some of whom have immense skill, ( take a look at the top of the WHC ) the consoles do a fantastic job.

Will people still be driving Assetto Corsa on PC in two years time ? Yes.

Who'll still be playing on xb1 or ps4?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Dave53, Gurkensepp and Daz730 like this.
  19. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Our community has the same issue we currently run our Saturday championship on AC and a Wednesday championship on Pcars but with the imminent release of Pcars 2 with every option that is available many members have already said they will be deleting AC from their console and only running Pcars 2 in the future

bradleyland and Lewisxbone like this.
  20. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

This is your personal experience. The mine is exactly the opposite: from 2015 to 2016 my PS4 played one disk: Project Cars. After the exit of AC this is the only disc playing in.my PS4 until today. And I do not need more

Dave53 and Luciano Micale like this.
  21. dawg

dawg Racer

Since for about a year, probably a month before AC was released on PS4, I've bought myself a T300 wheel. And since AC was released, only have played that exclusively. :)

Dave53, MaxStrong01 and Daz730 like this.