1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Simsource: Setup Comparison Tool, Leaderboards, Server Results Viewer & Stats Tracker

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Tom Shane, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Odbball

Odbball Racer

UAC turned back on, and it work

Tom Shane likes this.
  2. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Hi Cirith,

did you start the game from Steam or do you have a shortcut on your desktop? In the past some people reported the ACC process is not detected when they started the game from manually created shortcut.

3. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Thanks a lot Tom, that was the solution !

Tom Shane likes this.
  4. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Simsource Client 0.6.0 released.
    • Fixed detection of invalid laps in Hotlap sessions after using "Return to garage" menu command.
    • Improved detection of running ACC process. If you get an "Access denied" error, you have to run the client "as administrator". Either from shortcut context menu or configure shortcut properties to run it always as admin.
    Download is available here.

NebulaSmudge and ..LeRenard! like this.
  5. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Great! I just released a new version of the client with improved process detection. This version >could possibly< work even when using your shortcut to run the game outside the Steam client.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  6. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I just tried it with the shortcut and it seems to work, perfect ! Thanks again for your work.

..LeRenard! and Tom Shane like this.
  7. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Simsource Client 0.6.1 released.
    • Minor fix to track temp reading.
    Download is available here.

8. XIV-V

XIV-V Gamer

Hi ! I use mainly the setup comparator and love it !

I think there could be a small improvement in the rendering that could be very helpfull. The point is to display big differences in a more saturated green/red and small differences with desaturated green/red.

We would have a gradient from very green -> light green -> gray -> light red -> very red.

This way we could easily identify if the setup is pretty equivalent or very different and where it differs the most. Actually, it's very binary and we have to read all the values despite knowing if they are lower or higher.

Another point could be to consider toe from zero and color in green the value that is the most far from zero (rather than the one that is bigger). In this case colors could be different to limit ambiguity (more negative or positive toe could be blue), and less (closer from 0) could be orange.

9. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

I like the idea. There is one problem though. To be able to consistently say if the difference is small or big I need to know exact range of the values for each setup attribute - which I don't know. And manually enter and maintain them for each car is not quite feasible long term.

10. XIV-V

XIV-V Gamer

Well there is one relatively simple solution : the setups contain the car name.

You could just save in a database the extreme values for each car/setup, and then use min and max as range :).

Each setup upload would improve the accuracy of the extremes. Without data it would still be just "red and green". But the more data you have the more gradient you can have.

If you don't want to go with a database on server side, you can still use LocalStorage on browser side to provide that feature to people that use the most your tool. I could give a helpfull hand if needed :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Tom Shane likes this.
  11. XIV-V

XIV-V Gamer

Another idea could be to have two display mods : the actual and an adaptative.

The adaptative would be smart and would contextualize on the car behavior (but on a basic way) : A stiffer setup would mean green and a softer value would be red. Different color code (blue/orange ?) could be nice to differentiate display mods.

For example, higher bump stop range, makes car more softer and an higher value would be orange/red. A bigger wheelrate makes the car stiffer and would be green/blue.

The consideration of the toe (where the 0 is the smallest value) could be managed as suggested in my earlier post in this adaptative mode.

Maybe some attributes are not elligible for an adaptative mode, and would just continue to display as actually.

As I've said earlier, I'm ready to contribute if needed.

12. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Hi !

Since a couple of days, I've noticed that the client doesn't start with Windows. I checked in the task manager and on the client itself and it set to launch at boot so I don't know what's going on.
    upload_2020-9-4_9-57-51.png
    upload_2020-9-4_9-58-1.png

13. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Can you try unticking the checkbox, restart the client and tick it again and see if after reboot it starts?

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  14. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Yup, this worked, thank you !

Tom Shane likes this.
  15. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

New version is up.

I've implemented some of @XIV-V 's ideas. There is a new mode in Setup Diff tool - "Stiffness", which highlights relevant values in different color scheme - yellow (softer) and blue (stiffer).

setup-diff.jpg

16. XIV-V

XIV-V Gamer

17. CreedDE

CreedDE Rookie

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  18. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Last time I checked, the result file didn't provide information about driver class.

19. CreedDE

CreedDE Rookie

20. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

It's per car (not for individual drivers), so it means GT3/GT4/Cup/ST, I'd say.