1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Skid Pad and Tire Pressure Engineer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I've been working with Skid Pad 0.5 to improve car control but have two questions. Re: Skid Pad, Are the pad markings radius or diameter and are they feet, yards or meters? Re: Tire Pressure Engineer, How accurate is the G field? On the 100 whatever pad I am getting about 0.75G but I know the real version of this car can easily get close to 1G and can go even higher under certain circumstances.

The original posting for Skid Pad 0.5 says the grip level can be adjusted but I haven't figured out how.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Test Track with Skidpad Oct 13, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G29 paddle/ gear up, skid issue Mar 24, 2016
    Tracks modding Skidpad 0.5 Jul 23, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Skidmarks green and also some maps are green. Jul 2, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Small vr bug - skid mark rendering Mar 31, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Skidmarks Motorsport Friday GT3 Championship - All Drivers Welcome Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Skidmarks Motorsport Site Launch Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Monday Night Mashup | Skidmarks Motorsport Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Skidmarks Motorsport - Everyone welcome Jun 16, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Tire Skid marks Apr 22, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [0.7.2] Skid marks appear before slip in replay Apr 19, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Cannot see puddles+ tyre skid marks in puddles Apr 9, 2019
    General modding discussion Track Skid Grooves Apr 22, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa No Gravel Skid Sounds? Feb 12, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues 1.9.2 No Skid Sounds Oct 29, 2016

3. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Hey, I'm the author of the skidpad track. You should have contacted me on racedepartment, unless you found the track somewhere else :)
    The markings show the radius in meters. I think readings from the G-meter app are a bit off, while the ones in the car physics app (GLAT and GLON) should be correct.
    You can customize grip levels in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\skidpad05\skidpad\data\surfaces.ini file, by increasing the FRICTION value for each section. The one called ASPCEN is the inner circle (10 m), ASPSEC is the second lane (10 to 25 m), ASPTHI the third one and so on.

4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

To fix the g-meter app

find the file ...Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\gMeter\gMeter.py

open it in a text editor and change those two lines :

filter=0

maxG=5

5. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Thanks. I don't recall where I downloaded it but I'm much obliged. I've been running on the 100 track so that would be a 200 meter diameter. I think the one at Summit Point is about 75-80, so I need to run a lot closer if I want to compare them.

I don't know where/how Tire Pressure Engineer gets its G readings and I'm not familiar with the car physics app. However, I will try to find it.

Thanks on the grip levels. Any idea what I might want to use to simulate a wet skidpad?

6. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Thanks. Apparently I don't use the g-meter app but I will make the adjustments you suggest and give it a try.