1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SLI Support?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LibranRabbit, Oct 24, 2019.

1. tezpez

tezpez Rookie

AFR1 doesn't work and AFR2 is a slideshow for me. I play on an ultrawide and have tried all the sli settings, none work.

2. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

How about checkerboard? I read nvidia added it as an option in drivers. Did anyone tested it?

3. Top$yKret

Top$yKret Rookie

Interesting discussion. Has anyone tried ACC in VR using NVlink? I don't understand what AFR is. I've got i9700k, 32gb ram and 1 rtx2080ti asus OC edition. I get around 37 fps with ultra vr settings in ACC. Would definitely consider getting nvlink if there is a decent benefit in ACC.

4. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

There is probably a 20-30% benefit in my experience with the 2080 ti’s.

AFR is Alternate Frame Rendering, which means the cards take turns rendering frames. In the nVidia Control Panel settings you can set the SLI mode - either globally or for each individual game, which I prefer - to:
    - Default (nVidia talks to the game and decides; if SLI is fully supported by the game this is the best option)
    - Off (single card only)
    - force the game to use ‘AFR 1’
    - force the game to use ‘AFR 2’

I can’t recall the difference between 1 and 2. For me, AFR 2 is the only one that works for ACC - I.e. it actually shows a performance increase. AFR 1 either does nothing or makes it worse.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Top$yKret likes this.
  5. GT3Apex

GT3Apex Rookie

Does anyone have any issues with 1070 in AFR 2? I can only get a max of 30fps.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  6. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

can you post screenshots, with your 2x2080ti in game with MSI afterburn ?

7. Boundless

Boundless Rookie

Got the same problem with 2x 980 Ti + VR. Seems like there is some softlock to 30 FPS.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  8. Greg Southall

Greg Southall Rookie

Sounds like some progress in this forum thread, particularly your experience.

I’m just waiting on an additional 2080Ti and NV bridge to arrive and hoping to achieve ‘some’ benefit with the two cards over the single in VR with Vive Pro.

You say you experience say 20-30%. All settings aside, is this a pure increased frame rate percentage?

A 20-30% increase in FPS is obviously better than none (expense /value assessment aside).

Do you have your VR settings to render 2 frames in advance (I read this potentially eliminates any micro stutter)?

Can you post any screen shots or similar to show your results (along with in-game settings). This would be useful for all of us looking to eek out as much as we can from ACC in the absence of any optimisations implemented by Kunos or nVidia.

Thanks.

Top$yKret likes this.
  9. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Rookie

I've tried using Nvidia Inspector, moved Nvidia AssettoCorsa profile to desktop. Deleted AssettoCorsa profile. Opened AssettoCorsa Competitizone profile which is Sli and used add button and added AssettoCorsa .exe to Competitizone Nvidia profile. From there try using it and changing settings as per Steam forum recommendations. I’m at 110ffps at the moment, but still playing around with the settings.

10. Vunnible

Vunnible Racer

@Greg Southall Yes 30% frame rate increase using afterburner to monitor in-game, and a noticeable frametime improvement. On an anecdotal basis, it just feels like the cards aren’t struggling anymore. I’m not using VR, so not rendering any frames in advance. I’m using a 65” 4K TV.

The frame rate increase was measured using v-sync “fast” with frame rate uncapped. Now it’s steady enough that I can limit frames to 90fps, which keeps frametimes in the 12-15 ms range, good enough to prevent stuttering. Honestly keeping frame times steady is the bottleneck, not frame rate. As I start to crank up shadows to epic, frame rate doesn’t suffer much at all but frametimes become too spikey, inducing stuttering.

Keep in mind I only race CP events now, and a series of crashes in only that format has led me to cut back on some gfx settings, none of which I notice honestly. In single player I can run practically everything but shadows and shadow distance on epic. I may cut foliage (but not foliage LOD) a bit also.

I’ll post pics of settings when I get a chance.

Chris Burger likes this.
  11. AdrianoJP

AdrianoJP Rookie

Any news on Sli support for Maxwell Gtx970’s?
    Its incredible this seems to be the only title Sli doesn’t work on #kunos help us out please, at least till we can all get our hands on gtx30xx cards!
    AFR1 & 2 both take me down to 15fps!
    Racing with such low detail is appaling!
    Thankyou in advance for your reply

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  12. AdrianoJP

AdrianoJP Rookie

Hello Kunos,
    Could you please take the time to reply here? Why is Sli on 970Gtx not working?
    Thankyou

13. RTBR_Caco

RTBR_Caco Rookie

Tried everything I could find on any part of the web. Kunos seems not to be interested in solve this since it's not their target public. I'm selling both my MSI GTX 1070Ti. Hope you guys can seel yours too. Sli is dying cause nVidia's policy. They know that two 1070ti could easily overcome a 1080ti by almost the same price.

14. hosenmatz

hosenmatz Gamer

Hey,
    can you give us any updates on that matter ?

Thanks !

Micii1 likes this.
  15. ARGT2RS

ARGT2RS Gamer

My search in steam yield nothing. Can you post the link?
    Thanks