1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Slip of the tongue, marco?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mclarenf1papa, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Google translated from an IGN article....not sure of the accuracy. Maybe someone can confirm the actual meaning....
    BUT:

"IGN Italy: They'll never, in Assetto Corsa, electric cars? I think, maybe, a Mercedes SLS Electric Drive, Toyota TMG EV P001 or Nissan ZEOD RC.

Kunos Simulations: We have the hybrid as LaFerrari, and will soon McLaren P1, and in the future other hybrid supercar, like the Audi R18 E-Tron and the Toyota TS040 Endurance championship. But do not think I'm ready to give up completely to the heat engine for now!"

Yes. Just yes.

Original text:

"IGN Italia: Arriveranno mai, in Assetto Corsa, le auto elettriche? Penso, magari, a Mercedes SLS Electric Drive, Toyota TMG EV P001 o Nissan ZEOD RC.

Kunos Simulazioni: Abbiamo le ibride come LaFerrari, e arriverà presto la McLaren P1, e in futuro altre supercar ibride, come l'Audi R18 E-Tron e la Toyota TS040 del campionato Endurance. Ma non credo di essere pronto a rinunciare del tutto al motore termico per ora!"

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Tyre model slip curves Dec 13, 2020
    ACC Physics Slippy Suzuka??? Dec 9, 2020
    XBox One Discussions Audio crackling when I get behind a car to slipstream Aug 29, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Increasing slipstream effect for draggy car Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Physics Increasing slip stream effect for a draggy car Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Slipstream Racing League- Saturday Nights (NA) Jul 4, 2020
    Screens & Videos Nissan GTR Drift on Slippery Nordschleife Jun 5, 2020
    ACC Physics SLIPSTREAM?! Jan 15, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres About slip curve of tire Nov 6, 2019
    ACC Physics Slipstreaming was more fun before 1.1 Nov 2, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [0.7.2] Skid marks appear before slip in replay Apr 19, 2019
    Chit Chat Room 'Slippy' surface Dec 20, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire Slip and Brake Feedback Oct 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room rear slip feel Apr 4, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Slipstreaming correctly Jan 16, 2018

3. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Awesome to be essentially confirmed. Remember it was #3 on the Audi poll way back when so it isn't too surprising.

4. Yeah, Racing Audi's are awesome, no matter how dull their road cars are... :L

Champion Hero, Queequeg and Radiantm3 like this.
  5. I'm italian, and.. Yes, essentially he 've confirmed the r18 is officially licensed :)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Adam Farmer and mclarenf1papa like this.
  6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

yeah i saw that when reading that article and screamed out hell yeah followed by a shouting at from my mother because is considered a naughty word in our family, yes im 17 but my parents still get mad at me for that

7. It's probably going to be the 2014 car though.....which is depressing because the 2013 one is nicer....but it's still an R18

8. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Its a double edged sword for me, i dont like the new lights design but the red lights are pretty cool with the 2014 edition
    [​IMG]

Niki Đaković likes this.
  9. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Indeed, I prefer the wider stance of the older LMP1 cars. When I heard they were going to be narrower, it was always going to affect their road stance. Much the same thing as with f1 cars. They used to be 2200mm wide, then it was changed to 2000mm in 1994, then to 1800mm in 1998. The older, wider cars look so much better.

Brownninja97 likes this.
  10. Blame

Blame Alien

Hopefully it'll be the 2015 version of Audi LMP1 (if there is one), doubt they're gonna start working on any LMP1's besides the Toyota one any time soon.

11. There's no reason not to....

And they didn't license a car that doesn't exist yet, I promise.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  12. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

Today is getting better and better!

13. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

has anyone heard it live? maybe tv doesnt do it justice because I cant hear it, its just a swoosh sound. I would like to go to sebring this year and hear them all. And I know about the making of it as seen their documentaries etc, but just wondered about hearing it live.

14. Adam Farmer

Adam Farmer Rookie

I've heard the last 4 at the last 4 Silverstone WEC rounds. They kinda swoosh! But it sounds really cool - not boring or dull at all - very mechanical. That said, the Toyota sounds huge and beastly. I'm really pleased these cars will come to AC - very different cars to the usual for any sim to date. Hopefully we'll have them ready for June - it's a shame we're not likely to have the track to go with them.

15. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

The Toyota sounds like a proper race car. The Audi just "swooshes" by as the above poster mentioned. Strangely, the older Peugeot diesel had a more defined exhaust sound, kinda like a wide bore Fiesta XR2 exhaust type sound.

The Porsche sounds OK but doesn't sound anything special from memory. Ive been to the last 3 WEC rounds at Silverstone, last year it was freezing and windy, thanks for moving it to April ACO... ;)

16. Yeah we won't.....too much money they said....

17. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

aha so tv is correct but probably 'swooshes' more live haha.... thanks

18. Blame

Blame Alien

And what exactly is that supposed to mean? Did they announce the Audi R8 LMS Ultra? Haven't seen it, yet they're still working on the car, even if they haven't said anything about the R18 either, I doubt they have started working on it, 50+ cars/tracks to work on.

19. No need to get aggressive with your tone. Also no need to group cars and tracks together, they're made by different people. There's also not 1 guy single handedly modelling and texturing the cars, they have their team and even after that they outsource modelers. If you want to get anything done you don't work on a single car until it's complete, you have to work on them together, as the different parts take different amounts of time (sounds, physics, modeling, texturing, etc).

As an example, I have many of the cars for the TUSCC mod nearing release readiness physics wise, but they don't have finished models or sounds, that's just how stuff is done.

PhenOm and Quffy like this.
  20. Blame

Blame Alien

I wasn't being aggressive, I was asking a question like you normally ask something in real life. You can't voice your message that you're typing.

21. Tony74

Tony74 Racer

Heehee - I bet it's your profile pic that did it - anything you say will be seen as aggressive if you look like you're about to mug someone. :p

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.